Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Ketchup v5 (Now updated with Brutal v20b's gore)

Ketchup is basically Brutal Doom's gore without Brutal Doom's gameplay; a universal gore mod that works with Doom, Heretic, or Hexen (that's why it's called Ketchup. You can put it on anything). And modders can easily copy and paste the gibing system into other mods and make anything gorier.

Demonstrative video:

Version 5 is updated to contain all the new blood physics, decals, and CVARs from Brutal Doom v20b.
There are two different versions: The regular one, and the splatters only version.

- The regular version adds both blood splats, blood pools, and gibs to all vanilla Doom, Heretic and Hexen monsters.
- The Splatters only version (ketchupV5_nogibs_splattersonly.pk3) only contains blood splats and does not interfere with monster behavior.
This version is meant to be loaded with wads that uses custom monsters.
- Do not load both files at the same time! Choose only one that fits your needs!

With CVARs you can activate the janitor (bd_lowgraphicsmode) that will make gibs disappear after 30 seconds, or control the amount of blood
(bd_bloodamount) spawned on each shot (1 is very little, 4 is ludicrous).

If you are playing with Zandronum 3.0 or higher, or GZDoom/Zdoom, instead of directly using CVARS please use the custom menu at the Options.

Download Links:

Mirror 1:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/ketchup-v5-gore-mod

Mirror 2:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8b9a4a40sm5oi0o/KetchupV5.zip

Cool stuff Sarge! I look forward to checking this out!

Spoiler

Not to derail or anything, but all 5 of us Heretic fans would love to see a brutal version of that sometime in the future :)

Fonze said:

Cool stuff Sarge! I look forward to checking this out!

Spoiler

Not to derail or anything, but all 5 of us Heretic fans would love to see a brutal version of that sometime in the future :)

I have plans to work on it someday.

7.8/10 "Too much ketchup." -IGN

Just kidding. Now I can play some vanilla megawads with beautiful, ludicrous gibs. Nice work. :)

Ahh, so it adds the blood things!

I thought gibs would be present too.

Can that be a seperate PK3?

thanks, sarge.

i'm using smooth doom with ketchup, as i prefer vanilla gameplay. i'll test this asap.

Voros said:

Ahh, so it adds the blood things!

I thought gibs would be present too.

Can that be a seperate PK3?

There are two versions of the wad. One that adds gibs (works with Doom, FreeDoom, Heretic, and Hexen), and other that has no gibs, and is meant to be used with other mods and TCs. Do not load both files. Choose only one.

Ah, finally! Brutal Doom gore for vanilla fans. Why haven't I found this sooner? Thanks a lot for this, mate - especially with the optional mod compatibility. Smooth Doom in combination with this is really fun!

What about a cvar to mute the blood splat sounds? It can get quite annoying. Also, I'm not seeing green or blue blood for the barons and cacos, I only really see them when they're near a wall and hit. (Maybe that's since I have RDND to use their real blood colors)

To silence it, add this in SNDINFO:

$volume blooddrop 0
$volume blooddrop2 0
$volume blooddrop3 0

The actors for blue and green are there but not implemented?

Huh....I always thought Brutal Doom was pretty much this, I guess it's a ton of other stuff too? I'm glad this exists too, though, since this is what I always thought it was anyway... Jesus I'm out of the loop.

Looks good, I'll give it a try tonight I hope.

If the blue and green blood are up and working, this would be perfect to use alongside my RDND mod.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

There are two versions of the wad. One that adds gibs (works with Doom, FreeDoom, Heretic, and Hexen), and other that has no gibs, and is meant to be used with other mods and TCs. Do not load both files. Choose only one.

I didn't see any gibbed enemies during killing.
Nor saw any gib sprites in the PK3 (both of them)

Also, I'm using D Touch 3.2, with Gzdoom 1.8.6

I would also give a +1 to the idea of Knight/Baron/Caco blood coloring, at least for the full version of the mod. Even if ketchup is normally red. :P

NightFright said:

Even if ketchup is normally red. :P

Heinz used to make ketchup in varied colours. Not anymore. :(

Anyway, good job as always, Mark, but you could optimize and tidy up the DECORATE for easy reading (although it may not make any difference).

Did anybody else experience freezes in GZDoom when running the full version of this mod? I am using gzdoom-g2.1.pre-1778-g1a63167 and have freezes occasionally when trying to make monsters explode, either with rockets or barrels.

It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it's like the rocket is approaching the monster or nearby wall, but before it happens, GZDoom freezes and doesn't respond any more. In another case, I am aiming at a barrel between monsters and shoot, but before I see any effect, game is locking up (and I mean completely, I have to reboot my PC).

I am testing now if it also happens with the "lite" version of the mod, but since it doesn't feature extreme gibs like the full release, I doubt it would show the same behavior.

I'm having an issue in GZDoom where getting close to the blood kills my FPS. I'm talking about blowing up a bunch of dudes against a wall or after a fight in a small room. This has also happened before in BD and Project Brutality. Zandronum however doesn't have this issue at all for me so I'm wondering what setting or otherwise is causing it in GZDoom. Again, this is strictly about the player camera's proximity to the blood. From far away it's a non-issue.

Something else is a bit annoying. The bloodsplats would always attach to the ceiling, no matter how high the ceiling is. This should be limited somehow.

Also it should be made so ceiling splashes don't appear on top of skyboxes. Example: E3M1.

I did once made Simplegore 1 in Zandronum forums to make a Brutal Doom with only gore, but this overly surpasses it! (maybe because it was done by Brutal Doom's creator, from Brutal Doom)

Gustavo6046 said:

I did once made Simplegore 1 in Zandronum forums to make a Brutal Doom with only gore, but this overly surpasses it! (maybe because it was done by Brutal Doom's creator, from Brutal Doom)

I would like to see this, shit or not.
Edit: never mind. Found your SimpleGore mod.

How do I get the bloodpools like in your videos and screenshots? In Zdoom and Zandronum I don't get one single bloodpool. In Gzdoom they are there.

What am I doing wrong? I really want to stay with Zdoom because 8bit software rendering looks much better than modern ogl ports.

Unfortunately for you, software renderer can only render decals on vertical walls, but not on floors and ceilings, which is why they display in OpenGL only.

But Zandronum has an OpenGL Renderer and there are still no bloodpools. So i need to use Gzdoom, thats the only Sourceport drawing the bloodpools?

Sad. So no gore for me.

Zandronum lets you choose between software and OpenGL renderer at startup, are you sure you were using OpenGL when you tried and the floor/ceiling decals didn't display? That said, as Zandronum is less advanced than GZDoom, maybe floor/ceiling decals legitly don't work there even in OpenGL, although I have doubts about it. Also make sure you didn't disable/limit decals whatsoever, like I did when using Zandronum for multiplayer to improve performance.

UnixRoot said:

Sad. So no gore for me.

Hey, I don't like when people are like that.

If you don't like people suggesting their own stuff, don't click the spoiler.

Spoiler

You can try Simplegore II! Who needs decals after all? :ironic: Not that it is very serious gore, but it might be your day's fun.

By the way, if you really want gore, why do you worry so much about decals? Simple blood pools? A normal player don't even notice them so easy! They just say "heck, that monster exploded!".

hola sargento mira tengo un problema con este mod pues cuando lo uso me saca error ya sea con uno o los dos archivos