Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RuleSpider

Is /idgames gone for good ? [no]

I'm trying to organise ahead of time a livestream to help people discover the joys of DOOM multiplayer. I can't seem to be able to reach /idgames though.

So here is my question is /idgames gone for good or is it simply due to recent changes that /idgames is unreachable ?

Yeah new wads are boring, we only play the original iwads now.

Did it already

Just did it all over again and /idgames is still unreachable for me , so what the heck is going on are Frenchies from nothern France not allowed to connect to /idgames now.

Seriously all Fresh and new computer that just got booted up for the first time of one of my friends gave it a try as well and still unable to reach it and told by Doomworld that the page doesn't exist ... Oo

So now I am even more confused !!!

If you can reach it just fine what the hell is going on here ? Oo

Over here, plums had the same problem, and he allegedly fixed it by updating his browser, though he also changed his DNS server beforehand, so you can try both.

scifista42 said:

Over here, plums had the same problem, and he allegedly fixed it by updating his browser, though he also changed his DNS server beforehand, so you can try both.

Everything up to date i'll try the alternative DNS thing later.

But I'll try to reboot again and again to see if changing IP fixes the bullshit . Problem is my ISP is tough on giving you another IP address ...

(their idea of dynamic IP is not so dynamic ... )

Anyway thanks for the help scifista42 ...And for your patience.

Just got optical fiber and all of a sudden poof no /idgames anymore so I'll reboot that damn new modem like a maniac until I'm finally provided a ne IP to check if it was just some IP ban and then in last resort I'll try changing DNS ...

I was having this problem and figured I was the only one. /idgames redirects to http://www.doomworld.com/nofile.shtml. I didn't make too much of a fuss because the issue only crops up on my desktop. My laptop can go to /idgames just fine, so I download WADs on that and then copy them over.

I've tried clearing my cache, resetting my router, updating my browser, and now changing my DNS. Nothing's fixed it.

I'm also french and I can reach the page, no problems. Must be a problem on your end unfortunately :/

Thanks Linquica contacted my ISP over this shit turned out, they were the ones at fault the DNS server I was connected too had some issues taking up its configuration.

(My entire city is transitionning from cooper DSL, to FTTH solutions at a very fast pace and rate. It was a little hick up on their part I'm fine now I can access idgames all over again yay ^^ )

RuleSpider said:

Thanks Linquica contacted my ISP over this shit turned out, they were the ones at fault the DNS server I was connected too had some issues taking up its configuration.

Interesting. So it seems like the problem is tied to DNS issues for everyone but me. I suppose worst case scenario is that I'll just keep using my laptop when I need to get on the database.