Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wallabra

The SWAT-DOOM Campaign

Hi all!

I started an open-source Total Conversion of Doom II inspired by Sierra Entertainment's SWAT4. So far this is the progress that was done, but there will come more!

I ain't very good in PK3 namespaces, but I'll try my best in doing this.

Why am I doing this? Because I played SWAT 4 and it's a surprisingly cool tactical game and I think it would be good to port it to id Tech 1 somehow so that my PC doesn't overheat. ^^

So I started this project! :)

Please don't be mean, I just want to know how it is SWAT 4 in id Tech 1, and I'm sure many people want to play it too :(

I accept any kind of contribution.

Did you really have to make a thread now?? Your "progress" so far is an empty pk3, the only actual content are just a couple of textures and sounds.

Ummm, because I want help?

I am going to do 75% of the TC. The rest is you guys (i.e. I do the sounds, most graphics, maps, concepts and backstory, you guys do the SBARINFO, the DECORATE, bugfixing and whatever else that I can't think of.)

Gustavo6046, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Gustavo6046, please understand it this way: Don't make ambitious project proposals just because you've got an idea and perhaps some very basic but unimpressive work done. You need more than that to give an impression of worthy-ness of the project, otherwise you don't even need to announce it, because, as mentioned above, "we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.", and people generally don't want to bother with checking out / helping to projects which are uncertain if they ever get done or not, but the evidence that they would get done seems insufficient.

I will give another tip that this is very worth it.

Campaigns can be done by it in the form of WADs with multiple maps that are done with this PK3 as resource (as well as Doom2.wad)!

I can show a screenshot of a test map that uses these textures and actors.

No Gustavo this is not worth it, cancel this shit, stop posting, we won't stop spitting acid at you and here's why:

You keep repeating the same mistakes, you keep making project threads that have nothing to show off and this one screenshot does not help it, you keep NOT putting effort into anything you do your MIDIs are especially offensive to anyone who has a sense of decency, let's put it that way.

You are a lazy teenager hackfraud who thinks he will fool people that he is not a wolf that's just dressed up as a pig.

You suck Gustavo! And it's okay, everybody sucks until they reach a certain point, but to get there, you need to put in effort, put in time, do not just do things because your brain farted out a single idea.

Play good maps, try to understand why they work, try to understand how much time and effort they were put into the visuals (both detail and architecture), gameplay, feeling. A good learning starting point is something like Scythe.

Same problem with your music, you should dissect GOOD Music, you should try to figure out how it works, however you also need to understand the theory of music and not just the notes, the composition, many other things, you also need to understand HOW instruments are played.

If you cannot afford time and effort in longer term then stop doing and never come back. Because I certainly will be one of those people who will not welcome you back again. And I thought joe-ilya was bad (For general information joe-ilya is still a terrible mapper and he tried to pull a similiar MIDI stunt by just farting out notes, just don't go into his footsteps)

Thanks for the advice. I will try to get better. Sorry if I was too mean. :(

CachedRussianWolf: and glows :P