Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Btyb88

Water Works - hopefully with working pics

Back again with some pictures of another map I'm working on. Trying to take my time with this one. It will run on PrBoom complevel 9 (as everything I do does) Thoughts? Suggestions?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/an68cide7dz5394/pic1.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o06mu03vyv71j1h/pic2.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms87i457d0w1wg5/pic3.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/19mq937u83m3d3r/pic4.png?dl=0

The pictures don't display for me. When I quote your post, copy the links and enter them as urls to my browser, Google wants me to log in to access the pages.

Is that better? Not quite sure the best way to post pics. or is it still asking to log in?

Btyb88 said:

Is that better? Not quite sure the best way to post pics. or is it still asking to log in?

I can't see them, either. I recommend you to use the image hosting service, such as imgur or puush.

Now the screenshots are all visible to me. They look pretty good so far. I believe that you are going to populate the areas soon since the photos don't show me any monsters or decorative things except the first screenshot.

@Btyb88 - Next time, use the screenshot button in-game. That way, you can take pictures from your WAD without having to resort to some screen capture software. Your pics contain window boarders from the port you're using (PrBoom+, I presume?)

@antares031 - Everything in the shots were populated at one point but I decided to start over with monster placement so I just deleted it all (except that first shot) and will be adding them in later.

@HavoX - I did capture from in the game. For some reason I have been having a hard time capturing with my monitor set-up. Either way, it's actually zdoom as I prefer it to PrBoom slightly, yet I always map for Boom...go figure

HavoX said:

@Btyb88: Next time, use the screenshot button in-game. That way, you can take pictures from your WAD without having to resort to some screen capture software. Your pics contain window boarders from the port you're using (PrBoom+, I presume?)

I saw the shots. It's ZDoom.

Btyb88 said:

@HavoX - I did capture from in the game.

No, you captured the game's window from outside, via Ctrl+PrintScreen or something. All Doom ports have a "Screenshot" key that you press and it generates a screenshot from what's visible on the game's screen at the moment, and saves it into the port's directory. ZDoom's default binding for this key should be PrintScreen alone.

@scifista42 - You are right, I had the game in a window. I tried taking doing a screen capture in full screen but for some reason it came out as half the screen so thats why I did it in the window. Suppose I'll have to work on my screen capturing skills.

All you need is to press one button while in the game, no matter if windowed or fullscreen. I'm telling you that ZDoom itself has a capability to take and save a screenshot of itself.

I see now. I didn't realize it was saving the images to the zdoom folder. That will definitely make things easier in the future, thanks.

I like the shots you've posted. The detailing/lighting looks nice and the texture choices are all good. I like the little bits of extra color provided by the texturing as well, such as the green background on the far right of the second shot (after seeing the first with all the blue, which is what I expected to see a lot of), the green on the far left of the third shot, and the little bit of orange flair added into the last shot on that panel on the left with the metal/brown all around and the small green section of wall under the tech in front. It worked well with the architecture and I look forward to seeing progress on this.

Also, I like the name; water levels like "The Aquifer" in Heretic always were cool to me.