Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyncError

DOOM on Clueless Gamer w/ Conan O'Brien

For shits and giggles.

Have to say though.. the composition/subject could not be more generic.

With that said. Its doomguy! He holds a double barreled shotgun! Yaaay ^_^

I kinda liked the Revenant on the cover art better, but whatever. :|

@The Civ: It's not just you! I see his face as well!

You know, I've gotta be totally honest, I fucking love that cover.
I mean, god damn.
I love that chunky suit.
Also, is it just me, or do I see Doomguy's face in the visor?

@Airraid
I know... This cover is quite generic and boring.. unless you know what it is.. (and then its still kinda boring).

@theciv
You are right.. You can see him looking all ominous!

Is that the old "new weapon pickup" face? He even looks quite a bit like oldschool Doomguy in this. Funny that it'd be Conan O'brian of all things that'd release this info initially. I wonder if this'll be the worldwide cover or if they'll change it for other regions, or if they'll even print multiple variations or something.

I just thought of something.
The first gameplay we'll see outside of E3 will be some guy bumbling around like a clueless idiot, and getting the absolute shit kicked out of him.

You know, I'm actually fine with this.
I'm actually excited.
It'll be fun to watch.

Yeah I will say I miss the old revenant version. It just had so much more style and showed off perfectly something unique to the series, this just makes it look like generic shooter space man game.

Also, I assume this is a good excuse to post this:

I think I made this around the time I started posting here, completely forgot about it. Seems I predicted the future somehow.

Scuba Steve said:

Generic cover is generic.

I thought the RAGE cover art was very well done, so this is a step backward.

Rage had some amasing artists involved.

Wow, this is actually very exciting
Conan doesn't play games, he even explicitly says so while doing these, however:
He hates long boring cut scenes
He hates overly complicated stories
He loves sex
He loves violence
The crowd reactions are going to be insane for the deaths in this

I actually could not care less about Conan. I watched one episode and its incredibly cringe worthy. Sure he does not know games but its all layed on so thick its actually pathetic to watch (imho).

Its great that we have the doom cover though and who knows we may see a new enemy or some new surroundings depending on what Bethesda allows for footage. :)

The Doom1, Doom2 and (debatably) the Doom3 cover are all far more memorable than this. It's just the cover though, "picture of guy standing with gun not actually firing it" describes approximately 90% of recent game covers. Shame its so generic, but I really like the actual marine design assuming it looks like that in-game!

I may be entirely wrong but it appears that Pete Hines has said on Twitter that this isn't the final box art.

Lol it's my first post dude, no ones ever going to see this edit, heh

If you do however, reply to me saying "hey bluewaffle I hear you like to get freaky"

Cool Suit of armour, but isn't this type of cover exactly what we expect from the generic modern day shooter? You know, like CoD and Battlefield. Military man in front with an explosion in the background (or maybe Hellfire in this case). Not going to judge the game by its cover by any means. I'm just saying...

Also, Conan... is not a show I would be thrilled watching him "play". I saw him trying Fallout 4 and there wasn't a moment he was prepared to play with enthusiasm (waiting for "Cause Fallout 4 is shit!" comment). I legitimately think he is very much a non gamer and just there to give cheap jokes on the games expense for the sake of Marketing deals. A segment he is so not into that others need to be there playing the game with him as he doesn't have time to do any personal research on it like he would with a random celebrity event or their opinions on anything.

But take my opinion with a grain a salt, I nearly never watch Conan's shows and can't back my statements with just one segment I viewed. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm on the money.

*edit* Don't mock me - I'm aware of the title "clueless gamer" but I still feel a more realistic title would be cynical non gamer. But those two titles probably go hand in hand.

lol any1 else get confused thinking this was box cover for halo 6? just like when the doomguy's checking out his helmet at the start of the E3 footage I'm like lol is this halo 7?
wat

They better replace this shit fast or reveal the actual cover soon

I kinda like it.

Looks like a cross between Samus Aran, Doomguy and Master Chief.

sleepii said:

lol any1 else get confused thinking this was box cover for halo 6? just like when the doomguy's checking out his helmet at the start of the E3 footage I'm like lol is this halo 7?
wat

They better replace this shit fast or reveal the actual cover soon

That's because Bungie stole the Doomguy design. If anything, Master Chief looks like Doomguy.

Zemini said:

I am confused. What does this mean?

Conan (who does not regularly play video games) will be playing Doom with a member of the Denver Broncos and a member of the Carolina Panthers. They did it for last year's Super Bowl with Mortal Kombat X. Hilarity ensued.

redrage said:

I actually could not care less about Conan. I watched one episode and its incredibly cringe worthy. Sure he does not know games but its all layed on so thick its actually pathetic to watch (imho).

I wholeheartedly disagree. Conan is a modern comedic icon and watching him fumble his way through video games while making offhand comments is pure gold. Not to mention his "rating" system.

As for the cover. I dig it, but I feel like that is just a placeholder.

Goosepants said:

So if he's playing the game now, do you think there would be a demo coming up for us maybe a closer release date?

Not sure how thats in anyway connected?
For all we know they're just playing the Alpha

wheresthebeef said:

Not sure how thats in anyway connected?
For all we know they're just playing the Alpha

I doubt they'll have him play the multiplayer alpha. Since the game is currently set for Spring and all, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually let him play the same demo that Game Informer got to come to id to play, since we're already into the second month of the year now.

If that turns out to be the case, this could be our first glimpse at new singleplayer footage since E3.