Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChickenOrBeef

DOOM Collector's Edition Thread

I've never ordered a Collector's Edition before. I hope I can get one in Romania, not all EU countries are listed on Doom.com

The Revenant is really cool but I really REALLY wanted a Marine...

I've checked all over. not up for grabs yet. Soon as major retailers get notification from bethesda, if they haven't already, they'll list it.

Isn't that cacodemon arguably more iconic? Or the cyberdemon?

But me, I ain't complaining. I love the Revenant. <3

Hoping they'll list this in Sweden soon!

I may not be able to get the Collector's Edition...I've had some pretty expensive dental work so I'm not sure...Oh well, there's always EBay for when I want that statue.

Pre-ordered a copy of the collector's edition on PC. Keeping this one in the box, obviously, as I have a Steam copy on pre-order as well.

Yah I preordered it.

As I said somewhere else, I'm really glad that the Revvie is getting his dues this time around.

Doom I was arguably a combo between the Cyber and the Caco (Note that it was the Caco that probably came a bit more iconic), and then Doom II probbaly cemented the Cyberdemon by using it on the box art and featuring several encounters with it.

Doom 3 had a lot of media focused on the Hellknight and the Pinky demon, both which appeared in the Alpha Demo and the 2005 film as opposed to any other monsters (Save Imps for the film), and now it's time for the Revenant to step up to the plate.

Also, I prefer this Revevnant based cover art to the Doomguy one. I dunno, I find the monster to be more interesting than the marine. I never found the marine too interesting to look at.

Found this

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12644914_1564479197175652_7779552277929585348_n.jpg?oh=4b8ede09bfe7bbe7466dcd20f3316b21&oe=57298536

GameStop has their own PreOrder, which will involve some digital extras instead. Skins/Colors for armors and guns, Demon armor (Another skin), Logos to adorn guns and armor with, consumable perks that can be unlocked in MP games before others or something.

The last one seems rather.... Ehhh... An ingame advantage simply for paying more?

I'm a bit disappointed with the collector's edition. I expected more goodies--perhaps even some classic DOOM-related stuff.

And LOL @ those "preorder bonuses." Always gotta have that bullshit nowadays!

Clonehunter said:

Found this

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12644914_1564479197175652_7779552277929585348_n.jpg?oh=4b8ede09bfe7bbe7466dcd20f3316b21&oe=57298536

GameStop has their own PreOrder, which will involve some digital extras instead. Skins/Colors for armors and guns, Demon armor (Another skin), Logos to adorn guns and armor with, consumable perks that can be unlocked in MP games before others or something.

The last one seems rather.... Ehhh... An ingame advantage simply for paying more?

I think that is for any pre-order right?

Touchdown said:

Meh. I'll just take the regular version, thank you very much.

I'll pass as well; I might consider buying the regular version from Steam when it comes out

Zemini said:

I think that is for any pre-order right?

I'll say, remember when Splatoon had the pre-order DLC Dollies that got stolen so nobody actually got their pre-order bonuses?

MrDeAD1313 said:

There's a limited edition Doomguy lithograph as well on Bethesdas website. Didn't know if anyone was interested :)

we know

Not even going to bother with collector's edition, even tho it is Doom. I really don't care about a statue, I already have the Caco, Pain and Doomguy plushies so why would I want it?

Oh right, I forgot to mention I am vehemently against collector edition versions of games.

Glaice said:

Not even going to bother with collector's edition, even tho it is Doom. I really don't care about a statue, I already have the Caco, Pain and Doomguy plushies so why would I want it?

Oh right, I forgot to mention I am vehemently against collector edition versions of games.

This sounds like the standard in-denial response of someone who really wants something, but trying their damnedest to convince themselves they don't need it.

That Revenant looks sick! Man I really hope the box will have a flip cover with Revenant on the other side. .I don't mind the Marine that much but the one with the Revenant was a lot better. .