Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KoolKat

ZDoom for Doom Arcade

Is there anywhere I can download and older version of Zdoom that would run Doom Arcade? The new one isn't working.

Why don't you e-mail the author of Arcade DOOM.
Authors usually enjoy helping the ones who have problems with their projects.

Vegeta said:

Why don't you e-mail the author of Arcade DOOM.
Authors usually enjoy helping the ones who have problems with their projects.

The reson why I didn't was he doesn't have any contact info on his page. Thanks again for your help guys.

My email is hiding on the Doom Arcade page in the form of a link on each and every news post.
And sorry about the lack-of-working with the latest ZDoom betas. Some code changed somewhere between b28 and b30 which screwed up how I had some stuff set up, and I haven't been bothered to fix it and upload it. It works perfect on b28, so if you can get a hold of that, great, if not, I'll stick it up on the site (and I'll eventually get a fix for it happening).

I got it to work and it rocks. Really, there are few things that can come close to this for good archetecture, gameplay and puzzle. I can't wait for the rest of the levels. :)

Personally I think the architecture sux, but then again I tend to think everything I make sux once I've finished making it... Thanks for the comments anyway :)

If the thing that isn't working is the fact that pressing space to begin doesn't actually do anything, its a Zdoom bug.

Pressing space should activate a line that has the script to return the camera to the player view, and start the timer. For some reason it got screwed in a Zdoom beta. The best way round this is to bring down the console and type "puke script no." where script number is the number of the script that should be started by pressing space. I think it is script 6 (???). If that is the case, you should type:

puke 6

I need to standardise my DA scripts so that script 1 is the script that starts stuff. I can't remember what script starts it, but if Enjay's suggestion doesn't work, just open it up in a map editor and check it out.

Beta 28 with doom arcade LAGS LIKE HELL with me???
how the fuck is this possible , i've got an

AMD XP 1800+ , 320 SD-Ram DDR , GF2MX200
it normally shouldn't lag on this pc , since b33 doesn't

Yeah, I noticed that the colors in b33 are brighter and transparencies are more transparent that in other versions of ZDoom-or is that me?