Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

How do you display your players speed?

I'm sorry to have to post this question but I can't find it via google anywhere, I'm hoping to have the speed displayed on the screen. If someone could explain how to do this to me I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance. I'm sorry I could not find it on my own.

Player speed.... Hmmm. You mean turbo? by default it's 100. If it higher then it will show it on display as a message.

No, I'm sorry I don't think that's what I'm looking for, thank you though. I saw a picture of what I thought was someone had the speed in witch they were moving showing up on hud, like in wich you could see the difference between your normal run speed and straferunning.

The last example on this page is a ZDoom script that constantly displays player's speed. You could put it to your wad as a library, compile it using SLADE3 and load it via LOADACS lump, then when you play the wad, it will display player's speed in the center of the screen all the time you play. It doesn't work in Zandronum, though, because FixedSqrt seems broken.

scifista42 said:

The last example on this page is a ZDoom script that constantly displays player's speed. You could put it to your wad as a library, compile it using SLADE3 and load it via LOADACS lump, then when you play the wad, it will display player's speed in the center of the screen all the time you play. It doesn't work in Zandronum, though, because FixedSqrt seems broken.

It might be possible to get it working in Zandronum by writing your own sqrt function. There are examples on the ZDoom wiki using Newton's method.

Thank you so much for the replies guys, I'll check this out when I'm feeling better. I had a hunch scifista would know. Thanks again guys.