Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

What demons do you want to be playable in multiplayer?

I imagine Id would only want powerhouse monsters thanks being a good excuse for high health, high damage. But it'd be pretty cool to get something like the Imp and be able to crawl around or hang from ceilings. The demons may have time limits, but you get plenty of usage of verticality to take players by surprise.

I think it would also be interesting to see arachnotrons, this would only be good if they could crawl on walls though. A cacodemon would also be interesting.

Cacodemon! Flying around, belching out plasma balls would be hilariously fun.

It'd also be fun playing as a Spectre!

Revenant was a great choice, especially because of the jetpack.
The Baron could be really cool, but I wonder if he moves around slower or can even climb ontop of ledges?
I don't know what other enemies would be good both from a fun factor and balance factor. Manc would be too slow, Imps and Pinkies would be too weak, Cyberdemon would be too overpowered and big, archvile and pain elementals wouldn't work from a gameplay perspective.
If there's arachnotrons, I can see those being fun, assuming they don't walk at a slow speed and can do some cool verticality moves.

AirRaid said:

But your teammates respawn anyway.

Archvile with cool fire attacks would be nice though.

Far as I know, a monster called "The Summoner" Is going to be In the game, and It's a demon In robed clothing that makes portals and sends In troops of demons. Pretty sure, and hopefully It won't replace the Archvile, but It's likely It will.

Did they announce you can play as monsters in multiplayer? But if so, why not also in single player?

printz said:

Did they announce you can play as monsters in multiplayer? But if so, why not also in single player?

It's been there since last year's showing of multiplayer gameplay. Demon Rune, it occasionally spawns on a map and the first to grab it becomes a Demon they associated with their current loadout with the two selectable ones known right now being the Revenant and the Baron. You have a lot of health and a lot of power, at least as the Revenant, plus special factors according to the current demon like the revvie's new jetpack, but a timer for about a minute tries to keep you from staying like that forever and utterly dominating everything.

It's specifically for multiplayer as a power-up. Problem is, at least from what I've seen of the Alpha through leaks and webms, the entire balance of a match can hinge on the Demon Rune since the Revenant alone is so powerful he can kill two or three players at once with one burst of rockets, something the Rocket Launcher by itself needs two or three shots depending on health and armor levels to bag a single kill usually.

chubz said:

Cacodemon! Flying around, belching out plasma balls would be hilariously fun.

It'd also be fun playing as a Spectre!

A spectre I think would be pretty balanced to play as.
Pros:
Invisibility= Difficult to spot. Even harder to see in darkened areas.
Hardened Front= Difficult to kill from the front due to bone-like armor.
Cons:
Minimal Movement: Cant easily traverse high points in maps such as the Revenant.
Vulnerable back: Easily killed from the back.

RikohZX said:

Problem is, at least from what I've seen of the Alpha through leaks and webms, the entire balance of a match can hinge on the Demon Rune since the Revenant alone is so powerful he can kill two or three players at once with one burst of rockets, something the Rocket Launcher by itself needs two or three shots depending on health and armor levels to bag a single kill usually.

Only if you clump up together. It can be a one hit kill if you get a direct hit, so the best tactic when facing the Revenant is to split up and attack it from all sides. Pile fire on from different directions and you can wear it down pretty fast. I'm sure as people play the MP more strategies will form for each demon and they'll become slightly less overpowering.

I would love to play as Caco, fly high, spam his range attack, but for most time just hang somewhere high and pick lone players to drop on them and chow them with those giant cacodemon teethes.

Gzegzolka said:

I would love to play as Caco, fly high, spam his range attack, but for most time just hang somewhere high and pick lone players to drop on them and chow them with those giant cacodemon teethes.

I actually would like that, I love the Cacodemons and I'd have a blast chewing off a players head off.

During the Snapmap trailer, you can see the player as the Baron Of Hell (notice the horns at the top of the screen), who grabs another player and rips their head off.

Here are the screenshots

Let's see:
Arch-Vile-Resurrecting of teammates and killing opponents with extreme fire damage.
(Unlikely)
Spectre-Can act as a stealth monster with aggression. But limited to melee and ground
(Unlikely)
Pinky-Same, except for stealth.
(Unlikely)
Lost Soul-Small, weak (most likely) and maybe annoying.
(Nope)
Baron-Big, challenging, fast, scary.
(Confirmed)
Hellknight-Big, scary, fast, black, skull like head.
(Possible)
Imp-Fireballs, with Kamehameha fireballs, and good agility. Low health.
(Nope)
Zombie(any)-Lower health, variations of power, weakest.
(NOPE)
Cacodemon-Flys, belch deadly plasma, colorful yet scary.
(Possible)
Mancubus-Fat bullet sponges AKA high health. A near replica of a tank on two legs, with two cannons.
(Possible)
Revenant-Missiles, jetpack, scary structure. Good health.
(Confirmed)

My choice- HELLKNIGHT, for its jumping abilities and its radial smash attack.

You can choose who you are going to be when you pick up a demon rune in your loadout. .The Revenant or The Baron OF Hell. .no more needed IMO

Tritnew said:

Far as I know, a monster called "The Summoner" Is going to be In the game, and It's a demon In robed clothing that makes portals and sends In troops of demons. Pretty sure, and hopefully It won't replace the Archvile, but It's likely It will.

Unless the Arch-vile is in, just without its demon summoning power. That would largely lessen their threat level but yeah...

Enforcer said:

You can choose who you are going to be when you pick up a demon rune in your loadout. .The Revenant or The Baron OF Hell. .no more needed IMO

Huh ? thought the Demon Rune will transform you randomly .

I think there was a mention of your demon choice being part of your loadout. I forget where I saw it though. Some interview type article.

AirRaid said:

I think there was a mention of your demon choice being part of your loadout. I forget where I saw it though. Some interview type article.

I think it was that Bethesda guy who said it in an interview. .Pete Hines I believe. .Either way it was confirmed. .Maybe he just mentioned these two demons and there are more. .but I really think two is enough. .Some of us already know what The Revenant is capable of. .The Baron will be tougher, slower and probably will have his stomp attack. .PS: At first I was really skeptical about these demon powerups but after playing The Alpha. .Oh man. .Being the Revenant was such a BLAST! ! ! ! iD is still kicking ass. .I mean that was only the Alpha. .It was so smooth and balanced. .It felt more complete than a lot of modern games that are out right now. .Jesus I want to play the Beta!

If a good portion of demons are available as playable powerups then I could only imagine someone creating a Demon vs Human map via Snapmap. Count me interested!

I've mentioned making a Snapmap singleplayer map where you play as a demon fighting other demons if its possible, but making a separate mode where one team is always demons and the other are marines could be cool too. Something like a survival mode, where the demons always respawn and marines don't. Whoever has the fastest time killing all the marines, wins.

*edit* I typed this post before reading the post above me. Yep, completely agree!

Revenant mostly, although i wouldn't mind being a cacodemon, since he's my 2nd favorite monster, so yeah, i think that the cacodemon would be a great and fun addition to the already existing 2 playable demons.

BluePineapple72 said:

Now that a new playable demon has been leaked (prowler) what do you think this demon is and how it will play?

Prowler... well we have seen most of the demons (and their obvious names) except for that demon with the lights on its back

I sure hope that Prowler=Maggot is not true.

wheresthebeef said:

Revenant was a great choice, especially because of the jetpack.
The Baron could be really cool, but I wonder if he moves around slower or can even climb ontop of ledges?
I don't know what other enemies would be good both from a fun factor and balance factor. Manc would be too slow, Imps and Pinkies would be too weak, Cyberdemon would be too overpowered and big, archvile and pain elementals wouldn't work from a gameplay perspective.
If there's arachnotrons, I can see those being fun, assuming they don't walk at a slow speed and can do some cool verticality moves.

The Baron looks great, if you watch the snapmap video you can see some Baron gameplay while it pans across all those little boxes. The Baron is super tall, seems a little slower than the average player. He towers over everyone and can what looks like, instantly kill someone with a glory kill.

It one of the boxes, you see the baron walk up and rip off someones head.