Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

The amazing "identify that Doom song" thread.

gaspe said:

Music of Heroes Tales MAP31??

It's the theme track for the "Palace of Columns" from Hexen II, meso1.mid.

D_RUNNIN: TNT MAP10 track ("Infinite" by Tom Mustaine)
D_STALKS: no idea
D_COUNTD: Doom E2M7 ("Waltz of the Demons")
D_BETWEE: "Dead and Bloated" by Stone Temple Pilots (un21-f.mid from unfinished Doom music archive)
D_DOOM: dunno
D_THE_DA: ???
D_SHAWN: not sure
D_DDTBLU: Doom II MAP20 ("Message for the Arch-Vile")
D_IN_CIT: your guess is as good as mine
D_DEAD: MIDIfied "And Then There Was Silence" by Blind Guardian
D_STLKS2: Theme for E1M4: The Guard Tower from Heretic
D_DOOM2: Doom II MAP06 ("In the Dark")
D_RUNNI2: "Sex Type Thing" by Stone Temple Pilots (un23.mid)
D_STLKS3: Memento Mori II MAP24 ("GloomKeep" by David Shaw)
D_COUNT2: sounds very familiar
D_DDTBL3: "Jungle Vein" by Jenna Ramsey, from Duke Caribbean - Life's a Beach
D_AMPIE: "Waltz of the Demons", again.
D_THEDA3: Doom E1M5 ("Suspense")
D_ADRIAN: meso1.mid from Hexen II
D_MESSG2: casb3.mid from Hexen II
D_ROMER2: some variant of the Terminator theme song.
D_TENSE: "You Suck!" from ROTT
D_EVIL: meso1.mid, as said before
D_ULTIMA: "Aliens, Say Your Prayers" from ROTT
D_READ_M: don't know
D_DM2TTL: I heard this one before, but can't place it at the moment
D_DM2INT: you tell me

Many thanks! That song has a strong Hexen vibe for which initially I though it was from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKNcBoBhNVQ

I found the dwango12 map13 (and cchest12 map15) music while shuffling through my Protracker music collection. It's one of the ingame BGMs from Al Unser Jr. Arcade Racing, composed by Frédéric Motte (aka moby / elmobo).

MOD version
MIDI version

----------

Gez said:

Heroes Tales

D_COUNT2 is one of Mark Klem's tracks from Requiem. Dunno the title.

cybermind: I don't recognise it, and the file is in MUS format, so I can't help you, sorry :/

carranzero: MAP17 is Undersea Palace from Chrono Trigger, I can't identify the intermission theme though.

cybermind said:

Anyone knows the music from nuts3.wad?

I recognize neither the title song nor the level song. B.P.R.D made his own MIDIs sometimes (e.g., Grove) so maybe it's an original composition. You could try asking Foofoo.

Gez said:

BATTLE-F

New Music               : Yes I FORGOT WHERE I GOT IT, BUT IT RULES.
                          I GOT IT OFF OF THE SUPERPAC CD-ROM I THINK.
                          FROM COMPUTER LIFE MAGAZINE
They're all MIDI, but none of them have useful information.

D_E3M5 sounds awfully similar to..

This game came out in 1998 (or 99, release info varies), but the song file (I have this game installed) has a time stamp of 1/26/1996. This wad was released on 6/3/1996.

Curious if anyone knows the track from MAP02 of Rylayeh. Psyren himself doesn't know and the file in the wad is a MUS, so no info there.

plums said:

Curious if anyone knows the track from MAP02 of Rylayeh. Psyren himself doesn't know and the file in the wad is a MUS, so no info there.

From the text file, the MIDIs were all taken from http://www.ravensdarkside.com/index-21.html and http://canvaswerks.com/spookymidi.htm. Both pages are unusable now, so I've linked to working versions of them from archive.org. Problem: the midis from ravensdarkside.com cannot be downloaded even with archive.org; and while those from canvaswerks.com work, none of them are it. So it must have been from ravens, and since they can't be downloaded the only metadata we have is their filenames, which are utterly unhelpful (horror1.mid, horror2.mid, etc.).

Thanks Gez. I should've mentioned that I already combed archive.org and found no trace of the right MIDI, but then it's always possible I missed something in the maze of half-archived pages that that usually entails. Some of the horror-* MIDIs seem to have been scraped up and made available on other pages as well, but again, not the one I'm after so far.

I wouldn't put much hope in one site's horror1.mid being the same as another's horror1.mid. There's a lot of haphazardness in how midis were handled; files renamed in ways that "made sense" for one person at a time, then copied by another person who already had it under another name, etc. I've found a lot of duplicates under different names just on that one page that works...

Of course, but some of them likely are the same from the ravensdarkside page - ones that are clearly from other video games, for instance. But in any case, nothing has turned up.

i would like to know who are author of MAP20, MAP36, MAP40, MAP42 in Chillax.wad
Does someone know?

Eris Falling said:

MAP36 I forget, but while I'm too lazy to check properly, is it KoD's Burning Skies?

No.
Hmm... Actually Map20 is 'Knightrider of Doom - Battle of Gods'.

J.B.R said:

I'd like to know what's the name of D_Alone from Unloved.pk3, if anyone knows i'd apreciate it.

Azurish: Ok Chillax MAP36's music doesn't even sound anything like I remembered, so my guess at Burning Skies is more off than I thought, heh

Anyway, here you go