Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheGamePhilosophe

More info on weapons, movement, pop-in from loading Heatwave MP.

Someone figured out how to load the Heatwave map from the alpha from the console.

It works and there are some interesting tidbits that can be gleaned from it.

First, three weapons that weren't in the alpha are accessible. The chaingun, shotgun, and chainsaw.

Interesting fact about the chaingun: it has a big wind-up and so does not fire rapidly immediately. Rather is starts firing slowly and gradually builds speed.

Firing weapons also slows you down significantly. At least this is the case with the rapid firing weapons like the plasma gun, chaingun, and machine gun.

Pop-in is real. I hadn't noticed it when playing the alpha, but when I turn quickly in the open spaces, it is definitely notable.

Looking at the graphics closely, it is very clear to me that id tech 6 is very near to 5. RAGE deja vu.

TheGamePhilosophe said:

Firing weapons also slows you down significantly. At least this is the case with the rapid firing weapons like the plasma gun, chaingun, and machine gun.

Hope this is isn't the case for the single player

TheGamePhilosophe said:

Pop-in is real. I hadn't noticed it when playing the alpha, but when I turn quickly in the open spaces, it is definitely notable.

Looking at the graphics closely, it is very clear to me that id tech 6 is very near to 5. RAGE deja vu.

I've been trying to hint at that for some time, lol.

TheGamePhilosophe said:

Ugh, I was really hoping they would've taken care of that by now!

Reserve pop-in judgment for a final build, hopefully it will get fixed.
I like the way the chaingun works, its like that in other games and I prefer it because you can just feel the damn thing warming up more and more.

idk why it cant function like a real minigun.

it seems like id wants a minigun, bu they always handicap the hell out of it.

cant we just change the weapon order and get a minigun that acts like a minigun?

in doom 3 especially it was worthless. limited ammo combined with poor accuracy and wind up made the gun something i avoided after experimenting with it.

on the other hand in og doom the minigun was a decent sniper rifle.

i guess its whatever.

thats a bit disappointing to know that the game will be idtech5+new particle system. As for the guns, I think they'll behave the same in multiplayer as they will in single. you can see how long chaingun took to wind up in the E3 demo. as for the chainsaw, no idea why the hell its even in multiplayer, especially when u stack it up against the likes of other guns that are in there such as rockets, ssg, etc.

If any of the things you have mentioned, the only one I really want fixed are the texture pop-ins. I remember how ridiculously painful it was to play a game as good looking as Rage and then have it be shiton by constantly popping textures everywhere

It was there in Wolfenstein as well but I hardly noticed it. I really hope that's the case here as well.

As for the Chaingun, the Light Machine Gun seems to have replaced the function of the original Chaingun with the Chaingun being a higer-tier weapon this time, just like in Doom 3.

TheGamePhilosophe said:

This might be the first thing I've heard about Doom 2016 that actually disappoints me. I hope it's just a technical quirk that will be fixed in the game proper.

Yup there was texture pop-in in The Alpha on the PS4. .but only when you respawned. .And it only lasted one second. .But yeah. .It was a small MP map with simple architecture and no enemy models. .(apart from your team mates and enemy players) I really hope iD will kill the pop-ins before the release!!

TheGamePhilosophe said:

Someone figured out how to load the Heatwave map from the alpha from the console.

It works and there are some interesting tidbits that can be gleaned from it.

First, three weapons that weren't in the alpha are accessible. The chaingun, shotgun, and chainsaw.

Interesting fact about the chaingun: it has a big wind-up and so does not fire rapidly immediately. Rather is starts firing slowly and gradually builds speed.

Um. .can I have a link to the source? Was there a video?

Enforcer said:

Um. .can I have a link to the source? Was there a video?

Yeah, so far all we've got is someone going "someone somewhere did a thing."

FWIW in every gameplay video I've seen there was only brief texture pop-in upon the moment the player respawned. Texture pop-in every time you turn around probably isn't supposed to happen.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't, heh.

Now make a GZdoom builder map of it so we can pretend we are playing alpha. I would if I knew the layout 100%.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Pic :

https://scontent-mrs1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12717728_1694637607484188_7442983943986632272_n.jpg?oh=fec571036974a69038561210588365f0&oe=572A294B

Command line paramter to launch the game with :
+com_AllowConsole 1

press Ctrl+Alt+~ and then type
map game/mp/mp_heatwave/mp_heatwave

And boom, you're loaded into the map.

Interesting. .It's the same Plasma Rifle that was shown in the E3 reveal gameplay. .The Alpha that we played had another model. .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Pic :
Command line paramter to launch the game with :
+com_AllowConsole 1

press Ctrl+Alt+~ and then type
map game/mp/mp_heatwave/mp_heatwave

And boom, you're loaded into the map.

Heh....so it can be loaded via console? I tried during test but I just typed map game/mp/mp_heatwave)))

Enforcer said:

Interesting. .It's the same Plasma Rifle that was shown in the E3 reveal gameplay. .The Alpha that we played had another model. .

They obviously cut the alpha wholesale from the big product at large, but it seems they've definitely got a lot of main game remnants, yeah. Which means anything accessed in this roundabout means could be indicative of non-multiplayer. I'm assuming we might be able to do the same with the beta if Id doesn't catch on by then.

RikohZX said:

I'm assuming we might be able to do the same with the beta if Id doesn't catch on by then.

Too late. They patched the alpha this morning and removed the files that allowed you to load the map.

TheGamePhilosophe said:

Too late. They patched the alpha this morning and removed the files that allowed you to load the map.

Damn, that'd explain why it's only 111 MB now, keeps people from downloading it after the fact to load the data. We'll just have to keep an eye out for if the beta has the console locked or not and then see if anyone will quickly catch on to prevent updates to their downloads.