Find results in...
Laimiz

The Cacoland

"Every time someone makes a new sprite comic, God kills a masturbator."

Laimiz said:

Less masturbators, less.. pain?

Take it how you want :)

Laimiz, can I give you a suggestion?
Build a new level for the comic, then make the comic, and a link to download the map with the same items/monster placement.
The comic must be about DOOM, filled with action, not just a "funny" dialog.

-This is just a suggestion-

Vegeta said:

The comic must be about DOOM, filled with action, not just a "funny" dialog.

I think the goal of the comic was to be funny rather than filled with action. It succeeded in neither.

Tragedy is when you pour coffee on your lap checking your wrist watch. Comedy is when someone sees it. :D In other words, you can't make funny unless someone is there to laugh at it... or something.
I have a non doom related comic at http://testzero.keenspace.com/ , and I try to put funny in it, but it's not as easy as everyone thinks it is. I chuckled at some stuff written in this comic series, so I'll have to say I liked it. At least some one is trying. :)

Anywho, that was my yearly post, back under my rock again. :D

Your art rules, may I suggest a team to come up with dialogue ideas, including yourself. The tank gets empty after a while otherwise, I find.

Sprite based comics are not as funny as, err, comic-comics.

Using maps and sprites on a DOOM comic can be great, potentially better than using any other medium, but as pritch said you need to refine the dialogues/scripts a bit. as Vegeta said you could use custom-made maps, but using existing maps can be great if you can make jokes related to them, or jokes which include well known players, map designers or DOOM related people, either just as common player sprites but being called by name or as modified sprites... (all of which some/many readers may relate to) all this depending on each joke of course... so it's a good start.

Woolie Wool said:

That's a BAD thing?

That's why we call it "Genocide" instead of "Global Retirement Party".

Woolie Wool said:

That's a BAD thing?

Do you want a kick in the balls?

Laimiz said:

Ho ho fellow doomers, check out my new doom comics - The Cacoland!

What do you think?

I liked Cacoland, did not take it too seriously, did not think I understood some of the "humor" but you really hit a good one with that teleport joke...."still has a few bugs to work out" or whatever you said....having it strip the guy's pants off and leave him in polkadotted underwear...lol!

Maybe my sense of humour has been destroyed by my time on IRC channels, but I didn't find those particuarly funny to be honest.

Give him a little break, guys, he was only 14 when he made those. I think it shows some potential.

Myk said:
Using maps and sprites on a DOOM comic can be great, potentially better than using any other medium, but as pritch said you need to refine the dialogues/scripts a bit. as Vegeta said you could use custom-made maps, but using existing maps can be great if you can make jokes related to them, or jokes which include well known players, map designers or DOOM related people, either just as common player sprites but being called by name or as modified sprites... (all of which some/many readers may relate to) all this depending on each joke of course... so it's a good start.

Ok, if I want to do that, I will need a good info of best doom level editors or something. Since I'm a young doomer (took it seriously couple months ago), I don't know much.
So why don't you guys give me some info, links, etc?

Laimiz said:

Ok, if I want to do that, I will need a good info of best doom level editors or something. Since I'm a young doomer (took it seriously couple months ago), I don't know much.
So why don't you guys give me some info, links, etc?

Yeah, sure. I'm sure I'll come up with an idea or two. When I do I'll email you. If you need anything in particular message me.