Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrDope

DOOM ALPHA CODE/Strings (New Info) **SPOILERS**

I hope there is more to the difficulties then simple damage and attribute scaling:

[copyrighted material removed]

The ai_conductor is for snapmap afaik. It will populate your level with monsters if you are too lazy to do it yourself.

DooM_RO said:

I just want to know one thing. Are you invulnerable during glory kills or not?

Yes! You are invulnerable during GK! It was confirmed by iD some time ago. .

DooM_RO said:

I just want to know one thing. Are you invulnerable during glory kills or not?

Probably, if my interpretation of this is correct.

Tuskin38 said:

The auto map had been officially confirmed for a while now. This isn't new

Sure, but the info on it was extremely limited. For me, it's always been one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of things. I was especially concerned with the compass/waypoints at the top of the screen, and that those might have taken the place of the automap.

Enforcer said:

Yes! You are invulnerable during GK! It was confirmed by iD some time ago. .

Do you perhaps have a source for this? :)

2390 views, wow that's impressive, thanks for the support guys, I'm doing my best and I think that with some help we can discover more goodies inside these files:

- New info related to the engine as well to the platforms and online elements of the game (Antialiasing, XONE and PS4 references, Steam and dedicated servers).

- A character/monster named "Apollyon" (Olivia's bodyguard, sounds like a mini-boss).

- Perk System.

- A possible new section or level, The "Argent Cloud", and a fight with the Spiderdemon.

- SFX and sound info.

redrage said:

Do you perhaps have a source for this? :)

Oh noooo. .Don't make me search for this vid :D Trust me. .It was confirmed

I feel guilty reading these things. Like a boy that just opened all his Christmas presents early.

Oh, and ah.... Fuck invulnerability during Glory Kills. DM's gonna be AVP all over again.

Hofmann said:

I don't think so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sebibUoO4YU
It's at 3:40. .

А во время остальных Глори Килс вы всё равно неуязвимы на эту секунду. .Так что риска никакого нет. .

Which means: During Glory Kills you are invincible. .So there is no risk. .

Enforcer said:

А во время остальных Глори Килс вы всё равно неуязвимы на эту секунду. .Так что риска никакого нет. .

So that's why i didn't know.

Tetzlaff said:

In the Doom RPG the highest rank of the Arch-vile class was called Apollyon http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Doom_RPG

Maybe that's the elite version of the Archvile from which you get the argent cell upgrade.

@MrDope

Try search for strings: Druj, Wretched, Belphegor, Nightmare, Imp Lord, Pain Elemental, Assassin

Enforcer said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sebibUoO4YU
It's at 3:40. .

Which means: During Glory Kills you are invincible. .So there is no risk. .

Hahaha, I did not see that one coming! Thank you for looking it up for us Enforcer. I appreciate it. Although I have to say I despise voice overs with a passion. Why can't they just use subtitles like other civilized people. ;)

Ah well. It fits with my expectations to have the glorykills be invincibility frames. Not what i'd prefer but with how fast they happen I hope they aren't too easy to abuse.

I'm sorry but exactly how are you doing this?

Nice info here! We need more... Wait is this legal?

Anyway, check for some info on the new chainsaw if you can.

redrage said:

Hahaha, I did not see that one coming! Thank you for looking it up for us Enforcer. I appreciate it. Although I have to say I despise voice overs with a passion. Why can't they just use subtitles like other civilized people. ;)

Ah well. It fits with my expectations to have the glorykills be invincibility frames. Not what i'd prefer but with how fast they happen I hope they aren't too easy to abuse.

Um. .sure. .no problem. .Yup. .just like in Bloodborne :) BUT! You could actually stop a GK in MP though. .I saved my team mates a couple of times. .Enemy players were trying to break my TM's neck but I stopped them with my SSG! I would imagine they were pretty pissed :D

Hofmann said:

Try search for strings: Druj, Wretched, Belphegor, Nightmare, Imp Lord, Pain Elemental, Assassin

No sign of the Pain Elemental, but I've found new info about the classic enemies + some new ones:

- Zombies/Possesed soldiers, Lost Souls, Hell Knights, Mancubi, Archviles, Pinkys, Spectres, Cacos, Revenants, Barons, Cyberdemons (the standard and a "Hell" variant?), Spiderdemon, Apollyon (Olivia's guard) and a "Talisman Guard" (reminds me of The Guardian from Doom 3).

- New attacks for the Spider Mastermind: Beams, lasers, mines, melee attacks, an "Argent" cloud and Telekinesis (we're fucked).

- AI archetypes/tags for the bosses/mini-bosses.

- Some text related to possible DLC.

- Developers comments.

- A string with the word "Phobos" on it, etc.

SM has beams, lasers, mines, Argent cloud, melee AND telekinesis? Way better than the stupid hitscanner from classic Doom. Any news on Arachnotrons?

Wow, great work. I'm glad you're able to help quell some of the community's curiosity while fueling even more. I'm so hyped for the game even code I can barely understand is fascinating.

So, from what I can tell the new Spider Mastermind is (if memory serves me well *hits bowl*) basically the Makron from Quake 4? Not a bad thing, I loved Q4's boss fights. (The three identical sections leading to the final battle, not so much.)

Enforcer said:

Um. .sure. .no problem. .Yup. .just like in Bloodborne :) BUT! You could actually stop a GK in MP though. .I saved my team mates a couple of times. .Enemy players were trying to break my TM's neck but I stopped them with my SSG! I would imagine they were pretty pissed :D

I remember pulling this off as well. Was funny seeing my teammates stand upright despite having their legs kicked out from under them. However IIRC even surrounded by enemies I wasn't killed during the few glory kills on the revenant player.

But, considering the vast majority of console players I encountered outright sucked at this game and very, very few matches did I actually not get the megahealth every time* (amazing how it was ignored even after I got on the mic to tell people where the powerups were to be a good sport) this isn't indicative of anything.

*Except for you @MrDeAD1313. Schtop takin' muh pickups! Lol :P

I don't know why, but i'm afraid if this Doom will be another generic COD wannabe, but faster, without Regen Health and the damn Pinata effect.

Johnatone said:

I remember pulling this off as well. Was funny seeing my teammates stand upright despite having their legs kicked out from under them. However IIRC even surrounded by enemies I wasn't killed during the few glory kills on the revenant player.

But, considering the vast majority of console players I encountered outright sucked at this game and very, very few matches did I actually not get the megahealth every time* (amazing how it was ignored even after I got on the mic to tell people where the powerups were to be a good sport) this isn't indicative of anything.

*Except for you @MrDeAD1313. Schtop takin' muh pickups! Lol :P

Glory Killing a Revenant felt really satisfying :) Pushed his dead rotten eyes in his scull a few times. .Didn't get the leg stomp through his face though

Enforcer said:

Glory Killing a Revenant felt really satisfying :) Pushed his dead rotten eyes in his scull a few times. .Didn't get the leg stomp through his face though

Those two were the ones I got the most. With a lot of luck I got the third one where you pull his ass out of the air and smash his face. I was like a kid on Christmas. Id is gonna have to do something really fucked up to make me not like this game.

Johnatone said:

Those two were the ones I got the most. With a lot of luck I got the third one where you pull his ass out of the air and smash his face. I was like a kid on Christmas. Id is gonna have to do something really fucked up to make me not like this game.

You actually grabbed him in the air??

I'm particularly happy about the automap. Maybe it's the nostalgia talking, but I've always found it extremely useful, even in relatively simple maps. Good to see it's returning. Overall I'm really pleased with this thread, as I've been itching for more info.

Marnetmar said:

Might I ask how exactly you're looking at the code of the exe?

It's not really "the code", it's just the text strings embedded in the exe. Since it's an alpha, it was probably built with debug information (RelWithDebInfo if not full debug) so these strings also contain stuff that can help guess what is present in the code, but it doesn't say what the code actually is.

E.g., we know there's code from a file named DemonPlayer_Prowler.cpp, and so we can guess it's maybe some sort of playable demon named the prowler because it's logical given the name, but maybe it's actually an ostrich racing minigame.