Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrDope

DOOM ALPHA CODE/Strings (New Info) **SPOILERS**

Enforcer said:

All weapons feel so punchy! I really like them all. .but shotgun especially. .I also like the sound of the empty shotgun shell hitting the floor! Nice touch! I hope id will leave these as they are now. .Remember D3 shotgun and pistol sounds? My God. .

Far better than D3.

Quasar said:

Some of those strings look an awful lot like debug info *salivates*

Yeah I know but I'm not expert. I think I'm gonna need some help with the cvars and the debug stuff.

onetruepurple said:

MrDope, have you checked the screenshots for any metadata that could potentially reveal your identity?

Adding text comments within a png is banal.

Oops!

Fantast1k said:

1st person looking good

[copyrighted material removed]

let's try 3rd person view xD

Have fun :)

toggle pm_thirdPerson 1

This is weird and cool at the same time.

twinspectre said:

in the last video, I noticed there's a compass with a marker like Skyrim that tells you where to go
MrDope can you confirm it ?

If it is what I'm thinking at least can I disable it on Settings?

Yeah, I hope we can disable the compass in the full game.

New info:

- MP Demons: Revenant, Mancubus, Baron and "Harvester".

- Power-ups: Berserk, Supercharge, Haste, Regeneration, Invulnerability.

- Compass/Automap: Markers and Active objectives.

- Some Archvile strings (enemy resurrection).

wowee said:

Have you found a way to force the r_ commands yet?

Nope.

redrage said:

If you think that's bad I could make it worse.

Lastest episode (#29) of Edge magazine, page 69 first column at the bottom:

"Married to the glory kills is another layer of depth in the form of player character configurations. We're only given a brief look at this aspect, since the studio isn't yet ready to show its entire hand, but the currency you earn from glory kills can be spent on alternative weapon firing modes and gameplay modifiers."

http://www.gamesradar.com/edge-290-ids-brutal-return-doom-fps-started-it-all/

Optional my ass..

I think they fucked up on the info. .You earn weapon modifications by performing challenges. .Like kill 3 monsters with one explosive barrel. .or find 3 secrets. .

let's see they are giving us levels that are like corridors + a compass that tells you where to go
see?, why I was worried about DooM? because in the modern era of gaming Devs and Publishers want to insult our inteligence thinking we don't know what to do and where to go

Enforcer said:

I think they fucked up on the info. .You earn weapon modification by performing challenges. .Like kill 3 monsters with one explosive barrel. .or find 3 secrets. .

Or perform 6 different Glory Kills on the Unwilling. Yes, ONLY 6.

Piper Maru said:

I really hope there is an option to disable glory kills, it's really going to ruin the game!

I sincerely hope you're being sarcastic.

wheresthebeef said:

It'll be just like CoD except for where the stuff in it is not like CoD!!!!

I'm less excited now. Just saw some screen where the doomguy looks like some MMS dudebro from CoD :/

twinspectre said:

let's see they are giving us levels that are like corridors + a compass that tells you where to go
see?, why I was worried about DooM? because in the modern era of gaming Devs and Publishers want to insult our inteligence thinking we don't know what to do and where to go

every fps past like... 2005 has done that. sorry but mostly idiots play vidya's on consoles nowadays. Especially when the game is meant to target the console audience.

Enforcer said:

I think they fucked up on the info. .You earn weapon modifications by performing challenges. .Like kill 3 monsters with one explosive barrel. .or find 3 secrets. .

That is always possible. :)

However that you earn points by performing challenges does not mean you cannot earn points any other way. In fact it would suck if the only way to earn points would be to strictly perform each challenge as it comes up. It would not surprise me if these challenges are actually to teach you how to perform "special moves" or "combos" in general.

Marty implied there was a special scoring system in Doom in the fan interview by gameinformer. He called it your "combat score" which will tie in to your upgrades.

https://youtu.be/NrIMb-ro-UI?t=1058

So from that perspective I think killing a lost soul with another lost soul, performing a death from above, or finding secrets (all challenges from the conan footage) will add special value to your combat score.

It makes perfect sense to me to put glory kills in this category as well. Its probably one of the reasons you get a fair bit of statistics of your playthrough.

Look in the upper right of this screenshot:

I think those statistics are probably relevant to your final combat score which is what you use for upgrading.

PS
I am very curious what a "signature" kill is.

quakke said:

I'm less excited now. Just saw some screen where the doomguy looks like some MMS dudebro from CoD :/

Those are just the MP Marines.
Doomguy is campaign only.
Or they could do a Demon Rune style thing that turns you into Doomguy.

Enforcer said:
I think they fucked up on the info. .You earn weapon modification by performing challenges. .Like kill 3 monsters with one explosive barrel. .or find 3 secrets. .

Hoffman said: Or perform 6 different Glory Kills on the Unwilling. Yes, ONLY 6.

Yes, and it's not a stretch at all to say that there will be something similar for imps, barons, hell knights, etc., along with related challenges like perform 5 glory kills in a row.

Face it. Glory kills are a big part of what new Doom is. The game has been designed with them as a core feature. Every piece of info regarding them has confirmed and deepened this reality. The fact that you might be able to go to great lengths to avoid doing them throughout the game, wasting ammo and passing up on health, armor, and ammo bonuses all the while, just to be in denial, doesn't change anything.

The Civ said:

Those are just the MP Marines.
Doomguy is campaign only.
Or they could do a Demon Rune style thing that turns you into Doomguy.

Those marines look nothing like how some futuristic soliders are supposed to. Those literally look like some units from currentday era.

It's starting to show strong now that this is a console game..

twinspectre said:

I don't know why, but i'm afraid if this Doom will be another generic COD wannabe, but faster, without Regen Health and the damn Pinata effect.

I'm starting to feel same :(

TheGamePhilosophe said:

Enforcer said:

Hoffman said: Or perform 6 different Glory Kills on the Unwilling. Yes, ONLY 6.

Yes, and it's not a stretch at all to say that there will be something similar for imps, barons, hell knights, etc., along with related challenges like perform 5 glory kills in a row.

Face it. Glory kills are a big part of what new Doom is. The game has been designed with them as a core feature. Every piece of info regarding them has confirmed and deepened this reality. The fact that you might be able to go to great lengths to avoid doing them throughout the game, wasting ammo and passing up on health, armor, and ammo bonuses all the while, just to be in denial, doesn't change anything.

quakke said:

Those marines look nothing like how some futuristic soliders are supposed to. Those literally look like some units from currentday era.

I agree, worst game ever.

I remember when The latest Twisted Metal was in development. .David Jaffe always checked the forums and listened to the fans. .He would literally change something in the game and he would make a video about it. .thanking the forum members for the suggestions and shit. .It was very interesting. .These hardcore Twisted Metal fans were almost making the game with him. .They were like friends. .He really respected their opinions. .since they've been playing TM games all of their lives. .I have never seen anything like that ever again. .He even put their site in the ending credits and shit. .but the game SUCKED in the end IMO :D Black was 10000 times better! ! I'm kinda sorry for this. .But I'm just wondering. .Do the guys from iD read forums? Do the guys from iD take in consideration e-mails where Doom Vets are begging them to make an option that can disable the quest marker and stuff like that? I hope so. .

quakke said:

This is easily the most ignorant thing I've read in a long time.
Jesus lordie.

sleepii said:

every fps past like... 2005 has done that. sorry but mostly idiots play vidya's on consoles nowadays. Especially when the game is meant to target the console audience.

for some reason, here the one that is worried about gameplay is me a console player
I'm the only one saying I'm worried if the game will be dumbed down, I don't want to see Handholding
so, I guess this break the myth about Console want to play Watered down games
I've seen PC players talking about graphic, violence, speed and nobody was talking about If the game will suffer from the modernization crap to appeal non gamers

so, I guess PC and COnsole players are the same
both community don't care If a game is dumbed down and filled with handholding

quakke said:

quakke said:

I'm starting to feel same :(

It's a placeholder, not the final model.

"toggle g_loadAllLayers" you can start the map in an actual offline deathmatch mode, press Esc to fly around the map, i think it is even possible to play with bots.

quakke said:

And how exactly is a soldier from the 22nd century supposed to look like? I'm really hoping there's an option to disable 'modern console' soldier outfit, and toggle on 'futuristic' soldier outfit.

redrage said:

That is always possible. :)

However that you earn points by performing challenges does not mean you cannot earn points any other way. In fact it would suck if the only way to earn points would be to strictly perform each challenge as it comes up. It would not surprise me if these challenges are actually to teach you how to perform "special moves" or "combos" in general.

Marty implied there was a special scoring system in Doom in the fan interview by gameinformer. He called it your "combat score" which will tie in to your upgrades.

https://youtu.be/NrIMb-ro-UI?t=1058

So from that perspective I think killing a lost soul with another lost soul, performing a death from above, or finding secrets (all challenges from the conan footage) will add special value to your combat score.

It makes perfect sense to me to put glory kills in this category as well. Its probably one of the reasons you get a fair bit of statistics of your playthrough.

Look in the upper right of this screenshot:

I think those statistics are probably relevant to your final combat score which is what you use for upgrading.

PS
I am very curious what a "signature" kill is.

I just hope they know what they are doing. .

Really, a lot of interesting information right here. But, remember people, we are 3 months away from the actual release date. So, hold your horses. A lot of things can still change. But, personally, i hope they keep those kickass weaponsounds. Its good as it is right now, imo :)

The Civ said:

This is easily the most ignorant thing I've read in a long time.
Jesus lordie.

Because mostly console games haven't been totally using realistic soliders concept in this day and age? Yeah right..

Snapmap being what it is, a big lego editor, glorykills to not make getting health too hard since no regen in the game. I can't wait to see the level design, because I think it will now disappoint aswell.

MrDope said:

It's a placeholder, not the final model.

Time will tell.

Enforcer said:

I remember when The latest Twisted Metal was in development. .David Jaffe always checked the forums and listened to the fans. .He would literally change something in the game and he would make a video about it. .thanking the forum members for the suggestions and shit. .It was very interesting. .These hardcore Twisted Metal fans were almost making the game with him. .They were like friends. .He really respected their opinions. .since they've been playing TM games all of their lives. .I have never seen anything like that ever again. .He even put their site in the ending credits and shit. .but the game SUCKED in the end IMO :D Black was 10000 times better! ! I'm kinda sorry for this. .But I'm just wondering. .Do the guys from iD read forums? Do the guys from iD take in consideration e-mails where Doom Vets are begging them to make an option that can disable the quest marker and stuff like that? I hope so. .

to be honest Jaffe listened the wrong people to dev the latest Twisted Metal
he listened people that never touched a Twisted Metal game in their entire life
these people didn't noticed TM was missing characters like Axel, Thumper, Outlaw, SPectre, Roadkill to name a few
for this reason the game sucked so much, because they listened the wrong people

Piper Maru said:

And how exactly is a soldier from the 22nd century supposed to look like? I'm really hoping there's an option to disable 'modern console' soldier outfit, and toggle on 'futuristic' soldier outfit.

Jean based outfits are very futuristic? Ok then.. Gosh sakes. Even the first look we got of the non-doommarines in the E3 mp teaser, they had some non-fabric based suits on.

Jean/fabric most definitely doesn't pass as futuristic material. Only reason they have that fabric look is to once again do something like CoD, because CoD sells and is the main thing of console market pretty much.

quakke said:

Jean based outfits are very futuristic? Ok then.. Gosh sakes. Even the first look we got of the non-doommarines in the E3 mp teaser, they had some non-fabric based suits on.

Jean/fabric most definitely doesn't pass as futuristic material. Only reason they have that fabric look is to once again do something like CoD, because CoD sells and is the main thing of console market pretty much.

for sure I'm the only console guy that hate COD and don't support that crap

magma86 said:

Really, a lot of interesting information right here. But, remember people, we are 3 months away from the actual release date. So, hold your horses. A lot of things can still change.

^

Fantast1k said:

"toggle g_loadAllLayers" you can start the map in an actual offline deathmatch mode, press Esc to fly around the map, i think it is even possible to play with bots.

Thanks man, I'm gonna try and tell you if I discover something new.