Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrDope

DOOM ALPHA CODE/Strings (New Info) **SPOILERS**

rekko said:

How would you know that?

Because that 'tacticool modern soldier' body is not the default character model in singleplayer or multiplayer whatsoever. It's really damn obvious if you've paid any attention to the game at all. It may be a customization option you can get in multiplayer, it may just be a remnant of the old Call of Doom version of the game where they didn't swap the death animations over to the new player model yet, or it could be all sorts of other things.

IF YOU WANT TO VIOLATE THE NDA YOU AGREED TO THEN THAT'S YOUR BUSINESS, BUT ANY WAREZ LINKS / TORRENTS WILL BE HANDLED WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE

rekko said:

Either id Software is testing the Doom Community, or some guys will be fired from the company by tomorrow.

Either way, someone is going to kiss their autographed Doom Collector's Edition boxes and QuakeCon invites goodbye.

HavoX said:

Either way, someone is going to kiss their autographed Doom Collector's Edition boxes and QuakeCon invites goodbye.

I mean, it's there choice. Were the ones "benefiting" from it.

rekko said:

Either id Software is testing the Doom Community, or some guys will be fired from the company by tomorrow.

This isn't id doing this. It was a bot name not a player name.

HavoX said:

Hey.
I got that reference.

This stuff does make me a little uneasy now though.
I don't want this game getting Half Life 2'd.

The Civ said:

What do you mean by that?

These screenshots were taken in the Alpha, look at the top right.

He even posted the launch code to open the MpTest map.

The Civ said:

uhhh
do you have the doom alpha leak thread on /v/ open on another tab by any chance

Tuskin38 said:

What do you mean by that?

I think he's trying to imply the massive overhaul of Half-Life 2 after its beta leak. Except this is only info and nothing affirmative from an alpha that is a single map by itself. While there's plenty of confirmations of returning enemies, it was honestly something we could've expected anyway. Half-Life 2's Beta leak was a large number of maps, often times non-functional or broken, which was illegally gained directly from Valve themselves and got the perpetrator arrested, ontop of the fact that it basically made a fool of Valve by showing they had a broken game to show for their years of progress.

They don't really compare.

Almonds said:

uhhh
do you have the doom alpha leak thread on /v/ open on another tab by any chance

If he did, thats the third forum he's posted that same comment on.

Civ, ya keep repeatin yourself, brother. FP, 4chan, and Doomworld.

Hollywood-SN said:

Spoiler

dont suppose you come here from the general at /vr/ m8

Almonds said:

Spoiler

dont suppose you come here from the general at /vr/ m8

Nah, Facepunch.

I've been meaning to sign up here anyway, for when i do do the mod releases.

RikohZX said:

Because that 'tacticool modern soldier' body is not the default character model in singleplayer or multiplayer whatsoever. It's really damn obvious if you've paid any attention to the game at all. It may be a customization option you can get in multiplayer, it may just be a remnant of the old Call of Doom version of the game where they didn't swap the death animations over to the new player model yet, or it could be all sorts of other things.

THANK YOU. Jesus Christ.

Marnetmar said:

THANK YOU. Jesus Christ.

Yeah it seems like theres a lot of dumb dumbs making dumb dumb assumptions because they're dumby dumb dumbs who dont look into things with non-dumb dumb logic.

IMX said:

I still have no idea what is going on

People used console commands from other idTech engine games combined with searching the data strings on the Doom 4 Alpha to crack it open, leak a lot of the info that was left in the alpha. Something id should expect, but the info involved will probably encourage more sales rather than detract really. On the flip side, people who managed to keep the alpha data on PC (Steam had an update a few days ago that essentially wiped all but 111 MB from the PC of the alpha as id's attempt to prevent this, but people backed it up or just refused an update in the first place) found a way to access it and be able to play it. Turns out there's singleplayer weapon data and such still intact.

Then Fantast1k essentially popped it open and discovered a way to be able to play offline multiplayer matches in the alpha involving bots. Turns out the game automatically puts bots in your matches if there's not enough players to fill up the total.

IMX said:

Well let's assume that Fantastic and MRDope did back up alpha data and now Fantastic found a way to unlock mp_test map and bots...and they do it via steam...I higly doubt that this is actually a cracked doomx64.exe

Marnetmar said:

I'm curious as to what fantast1k's thingymajig does if people try to run it :P

It launches the MP Test map.

id.dav said:

Well let's assume that Fantastic and MRDope did back up alpha data and now Fantastic found a way to unlock mp_test map and bots...and they do it via steam...I higly doubt that this is actually a cracked doomx64.exe

Well it might be possible if they disabled autoupdate for the Alpha. The Alpha right now is just an empty folder with DirectX and Visual Redist install files if you try to install it.

IMX said:

Me neither.

Marnetmar said:

I'm curious as to what fantast1k's thingymajig does if people try to run it :P

The batch file is legit and right now I'm looking at some secret developers menu (SP, MP, Difficulty, Customization, SnapMap, etc).

id.dav said:

I'm trying to do that.

Hollywood-SN said:

Ya caught me.
I tend to make my posts very repetitive on different forums, if they're about a similar subject.
Maybe I should work on that.

The Civ said:

Maybe I should work on that.

why exactly

literally who would bother to go through the effort of comparising both comments made at two specifically different points in time and call you out on it as something you should get on to fixing

i was merely making an observation dude lmao no biggie

MrDope said:

DAYUM

[copyrighted material removed]

:) Video settings has FOV but it wasn't in alpha mp options. So it is actually a full game but without any maps or data))

MrDope said:

DAYUM

[copyrighted material removed]

FUUUUUUUUUU
My entire alpha got wiped :C

Edit:
It is really annoying how they disabled changing fov in the alpha. Nothing i could do could get it working.