Find results in...
MrDope

DOOM ALPHA CODE/Strings (New Info) **SPOILERS**

MrDope said:

DAYUM

[copyrighted material removed]

"Nightmare.

If you die once your campaign is over [...]"

So, no checkpoints in nightmare or what?

agaures said:

FUUUUUUUUUU
My entire alpha got wiped :C

Edit:
It is really annoying how they disabled changing fov in the alpha. Nothing i could do could get it working.

g_fov command worked without problems

Ledillman said:

"Nightmare.

Sounds like it. One shot, one go, better not fuck up.

RikohZX said:

I think he's trying to imply the massive overhaul of Half-Life 2 after its beta leak.

It's 2016 and people still misunderstand? HL2 was not "massively overhauled" post-leak. The major changes to the story and gameplay were already in place when the leak occurred. It was basically just an extremely unfinished version of what we got.

There is the WC-Mappack, but most of those maps were already long cut by the time the leak happened.

i'm gonna go ahead and be a massive fag and just ctrl+c/v some tidbits of info from this one anon on /vr/ 4U (proper credits to him, not my sorry shitass lel)

anonymousse said:

-The project is internally named Zion.
-The engine has a similar architecture to Doom 3's.
-There's a new system named AAS2, which seems to be for collision and area data.
-The CVar and Console Command systems seem to have been merged.

anonymousse said:

-There is a new weapon named the Mancubus Gland (lol gland getit)
-You can play as a Mancubus in MP (not available at the moment).
-The Mancubus has a heat ventilation system in both SP and MP. It can kill you.
-There are bounce pads.
-There is a new enemy named the Hell Soldier, but is only referenced in two places. Perhaps removed.
-There is a Codex, I assume this is like Doom 3's.
-There are 6 keys. Maybe more.
-The Cyberdemon can be resurrected, dash, strafe, charge attacks, use seeker missiles, evade your fire, use a gigantic scythe, do a ground pound, use missile barrages, and choose between several ammunition types.
-He also has several stages of damage, where his behaviour changes.
-Enemies have pain chances, and multiple states of pain. These are (ordered): twitch, heavy twitch, interrupt, stun, falter, push back, stagger, and knockdown.
-You can modify your BFG. It has: Rapid Fire, Charge Attack, Beam Fire, Spherical Fire, Arc Fire, and Burn Fire. Burn Fire is a flame BFG.
-It also has mods for double damage and increased capacity.
-There is also a new weapon named the Arc Cannon. I do not know anything other than it does splash damage and charges cumulatively.
-Another confirmed weapon is the Lightning Gun, and Damage Shield.
-The Revenant can punch you.

anonymousse said:

-Glory Kills can be disabled in PvP.
-The PvP is UAC versus Marines.
-There are unlockable player armor skins in MP.

anonymousse said:

-SnapMap has a currency named snapCoins. These are not microtransaction bound, and are entirely just to keep you mapping.
-There are a fucktonne of variables you can edit on everything ever in SnapMap.
-There are modding tools named idStudio. These may not be available to the public immediately.
-idStudio is very powerful, with its own scripting, action chaining, map tools, and much more.

yee

Almonds said:

i'm gonna go ahead and be a massive fag and just ctrl+c/v some tidbits of info from this one anon on /vr/ 4U (proper credits to him, not my sorry shitass lel)

yee

Can you link me the source of that?

(EDIT) found it on my own, nevermind.

Snapmaps will also have their own setup for being able to easily download other people's maps or even jump into multiplayer on popular maps, unlike Halo practically requiring friends or specific playlists for the usage of Forge maps. So we'll have to make our own Deathmatch maps, but if you don't like the two-weapon loadout setup of normal multiplayer, then that's an option hopefully.

Hey MrDope, I have a question. Did you change the FOV in that speed video or did they really speed it up? It definitely feels faster in that video.

DooM_RO said:

Hey MrDope, I have a question. Did you change the FOV in that speed video or did they really speed it up? It definitely feels faster in that video.

the former i'd bet

notice the weird angle at which objects are drawn at the angles of the screen each time he turns or looks around

not a bad feat at all or copout as some people may have probably made it out to be 2bh, most games that tend to have slideable fov as a variable in the options section actually mostly benefit from a higher counter (tf2 for instance which helps players get a better hold of their surroundings as well as it makes agile players seem even more agile and gather better aerial/ground control) as well as helping the pace of the game be even faster

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Screw you ^^ .

OVER THE TOP
V
E
R

T
H
E

T
O
P

TheGamePhilosophe said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being nobody cares and 10 being Marty Stratton is throwing office equipment at employees and loading his SSG, how upset do you think id is right now?

Probably a 2. I don't think they're tearing their hair out, but I doubt they're too pleased either. They probably expected something like this to happen.

TheGamePhilosophe said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being nobody cares and 10 being Marty Stratton is throwing office equipment at employees and loading his SSG, how upset do you think id is right now?

You'd want that, wouldn't you?

DooM_RO said:

You'd want that, wouldn't you?

how about let us not start shit

he's asking a legitimate question

TheGamePhilosophe said:

i'd like to think they're pretty agitated

Well this shit blew up overnight.

Please stop being dicks to each other. If you don't want to look at this stuff, don't look at this thread.

And don't post sketchy links to sketchy download sites, I don't care what's in em, it'll get removed.

Ledillman said:

"Nightmare.

Sweet baby Moses thats going to be balls to beat. I was kinda hoping this would happen, but i was expecting that we'd had to start from the beginning of the current mission not the entire god damn campaign jeez!

And if the Dynamic Difficulty is enabled in the final version and Ultra-Violence really does crank it to a permanent middle finger, this basically means Nightmare mode is actively going to be spiting you as a result.

sleepii said:

No info on keycards huh

It's been confirmed for the past month that Keycards are in the game, the last trailer shows color-coded doors, and the data leaks show 6 overall keys just like the original Doom.

Fantast1k said:

1st person looking good

let's try 3rd person view xD

Have fun :)

toggle pm_thirdPerson 1

Is it possible to see Glory Kills from a 3rd view too with this activated?

RikohZX said:

And if the Dynamic Difficulty is enabled in the final version and Ultra-Violence really does crank it to a permanent middle finger, this basically means Nightmare mode is actively going to be spiting you as a result.

It's been confirmed for the past month that Keycards are in the game, the last trailer shows color-coded doors, and the data leaks show 6 overall keys just like the original Doom.

yea i was asking about the other 3

DooM_RO said:

Has anyone tried accessing SP levels yet?

Yeah, a confirmation of non-linear level design would be nice. Just to shut some shit spewing mouths once and for all.