Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Denuvo Losing War To Torrent Piracy?

How do you feel about PC game piracy?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about PC game piracy?

• It's great, they should keep going
    • It's alright
    • Yuck, it sucks
    • Duh, i'd rather buy my games

These games do not interest me; and not just because of the dumb restriction mess they're saddled with.

Anyway, I think awful DRM schemes should be cracked out of principle, and I say that as someone who buys games.

Gez said:

Anyway, I think awful DRM schemes should be cracked out of principle, and I say that as someone who buys games.

I fully agree with that statement. I refuse to buy anything whose producer considers their customers thieves by default.
Let'em die!

Quasar said:

How about "how do you feel about bullshit DRM" as a poll instead?

Denuvo isn't DRM, it's a self verifying anti-tamper system. You could have Denuvo with absolutely no rights management at all, and you'll end up with an executable that can run anywhere that doesn't like being modified.

It's ok, let the pirates do crack what games they want to, it's not their fault that the developers decided to be dumbasses and add stupid restrictions to games.

Piracy is such a hairy subject. Many people smarter and with more experience than I have far better things to say about the topic. I don't find it inherently bad, but it can seem a very attractive prospect to people with weaker moral fibre who would refuse to pay for a game even though it's cheaper on average in their region than elsewhere in the world. What I will say I am certain about is that the cracking of DRM is a great thing in my eyes, and makes preservation much easier, as well as letting those who otherwise have lost the ability to play the game through authentic means able to play again. I can't begin to tell you how many CD keys I lost as a kid, or the times where I exceeded the number of installations allowed that was tied to a certain key.

It depends. In Eastern Europe our salaries are much lower. Let's say the average person makes 400 Euros. Sure, the living expenses are much cheaper but everything else is just as much as everywhere else. That means that spending 60 Euros for a game is considered to be...extravagant by many. I will admit that most of the software I buy is pirated but when it comes to companies I really respect and I really want to support then it's a day one buy for me. Companies like Blizzard, Id Software, CDPR, BioWare and others. For me it is ludicrous to spend 60$ on a 5 hour FPS title.

Not sure how piracy is viewed over there but here you can be a pirate and still be an honest person. I pirate a lot of my software but would never ever steal anything "real". It's the same for other people here. Besides, I'm making a copy of it.

Things would be much more fair if games didn't cost more in Europe (here a game is 60 EUROS instead of dollars) and if Steam made an exception for our country and allowed us to use the Russian pricing system but since we are part of the EU...