Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Doomed in SPACE (old development thread)

Map 05.

But: what does it mean "You can use a maximum of 5 custom textures and 5 custom flats in your map"?

Is it only 5 textures to be used in the whole map?

Added you guys in :) Also just made a few more updates to the sprite resources (just touch ups, nothing too major)

You can use as many Doom2 textures as you want, as well as an additional 5 customs if you choose, just to clarify on that one.

Hell yeah, awesome screenshots, that's exactly the feel I was looking for!

No deadline, I want to make sure this has time to be "whole" before release.

Not really sold on the clashing sprite styles for the enemies, to be honest. The project's concept is fine, it's literally just that a mix of Doomguys, Doom64guys and Imperial Stormtroopers (with Doom64guy heads!) doesn't sit right with me.

played the demo map, this project looks pretty impressive, too bad that the big part of the maps are already taken...

May I request that you leave certain monsters (revenant and archvile come to mind) identical in terms of stats and functionality? Go ahead and change the sprites all you want, I'd just like those two to remain the same to fight against ;)

I have an idea for MAP06, Get me the slot, the map's name will be "Over and out"

EDIT : Here's the starting point: Wanna go down or up?

Baron, I get where you're coming from: Sprite work isn't my specialty, but I just had to make the enemies seem like "space men" and this seemed the best way. I kinda like the cheesey vibe it gives off in a way though.

Walter, if you want me to make extra room for a map I'm happy to!

AD, good call about revs and archies. Their behavior will remain untouched, same is likely to go for the mancubus as well.

Obake and Joe, added!

Now that I think about it, mancs and arch-viles could probably be passed off as aliens (or something????) without having to change their sprites, heh.

Attention mappers, there's one thing I forgot to address: Guard dogs that replace Demons. They're leftovers from when this was a Wolf3D oriented mod - I'm thinking about putting the weak RPG marine in it's place, and having the Revenants, Arch-viles, Arachnotrons and Mancubi unchanged. Is this aright with everyone? I'm still open for sprite replacement suggestions, but just in terms of enemy behavior.

EDIT: Demon now replaced with Heavy Plasma Marine. (Now 120 hit points, normal demon is 150)

Just updated the resource wad once more - Fixed a few incorrect SFX, and the Demons/Spectres are now replaced by Plasma Heavy marines. They're a bit faster moving than the plasma troopers (imps) and have a bit more HP, so perfect when you want something a little tougher than imps to hide around corners. http://www.geocities.ws/doomkid/dmdnspce.wad

EDIT: Updated once more! Lost souls are now essentially weaker, smaller cacodemons.

Doomkid said:

You can use as many Doom2 textures as you want, as well as an additional 5 customs if you choose, just to clarify on that one.

Now it is clear.

So we can choose custom textures from whatever licit source to add to our level, plus whatever original texture we like. Good.

@Angry Saint: I'm sure I think that you're not supposed to use any textures from "whatever licit source", but only from the (latest) resource pack provided by Doomkid.

EDIT: Now I'm not so sure anymore. So is it:

1. Any textures from Doom 2, max 5 textures and 5 flats from Doomkid's resource pack, and no textures from any other resource?
or
2. Any textures from Doom 2 and/or from Doomkid's resource pack, and max 5 textures and 5 flats from any other resource?

scifista42 said:

2. Any textures from Doom 2 and/or from Doomkid's resource pack, and max 5 textures and 5 flats from any other resource?

This is the one :)

My mistake. I've assumed that your resource pack contained not only custom enemies, but also custom textures and flats, which I thought were the ones to choose 5 textures and 5 flats from. But now that I checked it, it doesn't contain any textures.

My map will be a bit different. "The SCT-RDX 5 Disaster" is the name and the muaic will be fittingly Triangle of Fear by Mark Klem (my favourite of MMMUS)

EDIT: What about the MAP02 of the demonstration pack?

Don't worry about that map02, its just the start of another map, it wont remain there.

LanHikari, added to the list.