Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ooooooooo. I hope this one is as good as the first one.

I did change the music of the old one to fit the atmosphere more, though.

holy buttmonkey!
awesome work

/me practices slope technology

Russell_P said:

Here's an early and probably quite dull screen shot...

You've got to be kidding me. The shot looks great.

Great looking shot! Very impressive! It goes to show you all the life that Doom has in it with people that love the game. I know of no other game that has made this type of impression. Good stuff man!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Ichor said:

Ooooooooo. I hope this one is as good as the first one.

I did change the music of the old one to fit the atmosphere more, though.

It's going to be more detailed but nowhere near as large as the original. This fancy architecture takes ages, texturing is a complete pain in the arse. I don't have much spare time so it's final size will be limited by time constraints.

What music did you use?

Badness, indeed! Looks like something out of HeXen...very cool.

RailGunner said:

is there a pit below the bridge?

The bridge is suspended in a void (thats the impression i'm trying to give anyway). You can fall off the bridge and die. Which reminds me..

Is it possible to fall to your death in ZDoom as it is in Hexen (ie instant death)? I'm fairly new to ZDoom editing and haven't really looked into this yet, but if anyone can point me in the right direction that'd be cool. The original NS was for vanilla Doom2 so the only option available to me was to set the void sectors to -20% health. It must be possible to do something better with ZDoom

I don't think that is possible with ZDoom, but I could be wrong.
I know about texture alignment. The bigger the map, the bigger the chore it is to get each and every one of those textures aligned right, and even after you've tested the map a thousand times before releasing it, there will always be that one misaligned texture that you didn't see, or one bug that somehow slipped by.

And I used a variation of the Lower Norfair theme. If you've played Super Metroid, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Russell_P said:

The bridge is suspended in a void (thats the impression i'm trying to give anyway). You can fall off the bridge and die. Which reminds me..

Is it possible to fall to your death in ZDoom as it is in Hexen (ie instant death)? I'm fairly new to ZDoom editing and haven't really looked into this yet, but if anyone can point me in the right direction that'd be cool. The original NS was for vanilla Doom2 so the only option available to me was to set the void sectors to -20% health. It must be possible to do something better with ZDoom

I think you should tell people that they need falling damage on then make the fall really really long so they die on impact.

I too would like to make instant death zones in Zdoom, i think you can script the sectors into dealing super damage when the player lands. It may also be as simple as a sector special with the right arguments. i new at using zdoom editing features too, but i making superb progress, prolly cause i know a bit of c already ;P

i want my fucking registered deepsea! i placed my order quite a while ago...i hope deep didn't go on a rampage and decide to just steal my money.

kristus said:

You can give sectors instant kill floors.

Must've missed that. I looked through all the sector types available in WA and couldn't find anything like that at the time. Maybe i'm using an outdated configuration file.

kristus said:

Russel: Check Tarins Fbase4 map. It have that feature.

Thanks, i'll take a look when i get a spare moment.

Russell_P said:

Is it possible to fall to your death in ZDoom as it is in Hexen (ie instant death)?

Use3D said:

I too would like to make instant death zones in Zdoom

You can use the Sector_SetDamage (tag, amount) special to make sectors do 200% damage when you hit them. To activate the special, use a linedef or a script.

Russell_P said:

Is it possible to fall to your death in ZDoom as it is in Hexen (ie instant death)?

As Ultimate Doomer suggests, you can use the Sector_SetDamage special. You can either set it up as an open script (which means no linedef triggers are needed -- the special is activated as soon as the map starts), as follows:

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 OPEN

{
Sector_SetDamage(44,400,0); //Sector 44, damage 400
}

Alternatively, the special can be triggered via a linedef after the map has started.