Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sleazypengun

Difficulty

this works for pretty much every port; just go ahead and close your eyes and navigate by sound and touch. Watch out for snakes

No need to go through the whole game; you'll just lose your progress on whatever level you were currently playing.

You know about idclev, right?

I got it now. Also I just realized that I could have just picked episode 4, ultra violence sense I'm only on the first level of that *face palm*

Maibigbutt said:

I got it now. Also I just realized that I could have just picked episode 4, ultra violence sense I'm only on the first level of that *face palm*

Episode 4 is surprisingly tough, but what's funny is that it gets easier as it progresses. E4M2 is by far the most painful, IMO.

Why hack the exe? You can simply hack a savegame, which records the difficulty level among the stuff it saves. However, doing so will not affect the current level you're playing, at least in terms of how monsters behave or which monsters and items have already spawned.

E.g. you can't start a game in ITYTD, save it, hack it to UV and expect everything to magically change: monsters and items that appear only in UV won't appear until the next level starts. However, you may enable nightmare mode and change the damage and ammo rules for the player (e.g. no more half damage/double ammo). However, monster AI remains exactly the same.

If you hack a game to nightmare mode with specific timing, you might trigger bugs like the Demon speed bug.

the comments yesterday helped. Also now people are now just writing stuff either because they still think i need help or just for fun

Im also kinda new to Doomworld