Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Doomed in SPACE (old development thread)

Thanks. I'll call my map 'Down Under'

By the way, I'd thought of a stupid map title for the final map, fitting of the story (Cheesyness and all): 'Revengeance'. Use it if you will, I don't really care, it's your map.

I'm looking forward to seeing your map once it's underway man!

I just made another edit to the resource file, the BFG is now a Lightning Gun. It seemed wrong to change everything but the BFG. The behavior is much the same, just some sprite variety.

I'm still looking for any suitable graphics to replace the SSG with as well - An old timey boomstick would definitely clash with the rest of the weapon set.

Doomkid said:

I'm still looking for any suitable graphics to replace the SSG with as well - An old timey boomstick would definitely clash with the rest of the weapon set.

How's an M37 sound to you? I might be able to sprite one out.

Obake has shown me a sprite he's made that could potentially be used as an additional enemy. The Hell Knight sprites are free, and the Keen actor is free, so that could be used for the replacement. With his permission I'll post the sprites soon, I definitely think they could mesh well with the existing assets.

LanHikari has shown me quite a slick gun model for the SSG replacement, however I have two other sprite sets I'm considering using. Again once I get the go ahead, I'll post images of the lot and see what you guys think.

I'll take a look on that, if my simplist mapping style doesn't get too much out of place in this, I'd like to take slot 13 :)

Doomkid said:

The Hell Knight sprites are free

For that, could you have the knight look similar to the player/another prisoner like the player? For my map, I'm considering having a boss fight with another escaped prisoner gone mad.

I posted on the ZDoom thread but I'll post it here too, I'm interested in taking the MAP13 or 12 slot. I didn't see MAP12 in the OP but I'm assuming there will be a MAP12.

Nevander said:

I posted on the ZDoom thread but I'll post it here too, I'm interested in taking the MAP13 or 12 slot. I didn't see MAP12 in the OP but I'm assuming there will be a MAP12.

Doomkid said:

Mapslots are listed below:

Map01- Escape! by Doomkid
Map02- DoomLover234
Map03- Space Waste by Crunchynut44
Map04- AnonimVio
Map05- Angry Saint
Map06- Over and Out by joe-ilya
MAp07- obake
Map08- uggi121
Map09- AD_79
Map10- MrEnchanter
Map11- LanHikariDS
Map13-
Map14-
Map15-
Map16- Doomkid

There is no Map12. After beating my map, the player is left in limbo.

EDIT:

Doomkid said:

LanHikariDS said:

How's an M37 sound to you? I might be able to sprite one out.

WOW am I stupid. I thought you meant a classical shotgun would fit well with the weapon set, and the gun I proposed (The Ithaca Model 37) was built in 1933... Even more oddly, you not only didn't point that out, but actually LIKED what I sent in.

I've just observed the monster's in game behavior, I will have to change it's attack, and I may edit/add sounds (only if that's okay with you!) but I'd still be happy to put the WaveGunner in to replace the currently useless Keen actor. An attack I can have it do that might be satisfying would be something similar to the mancubus attack, but with homing Rev missiles? It would make it like a slower Revenant, but with twice the firepower, essentially.

If it sounds good, I'll get to working on it!

Doomkid said:

I've just observed the monster's in game behavior, I will have to change it's attack, and I may edit/add sounds (only if that's okay with you!) but I'd still be happy to put the WaveGunner in to replace the currently useless Keen actor. An attack I can have it do that might be satisfying would be something similar to the mancubus attack, but with homing Rev missiles? It would make it like a slower Revenant, but with twice the firepower, essentially.

If it sounds good, I'll get to working on it!

That's a great idea! Two homing missiles would be an awesome attack, especially if they start out spread apart somewhat and then come together towards the player. Do you think you'll still have the Gunner female?

LanHikariDS said:

Is my knight request a no? The silence towards it makes me believe so, or that you didn't notice it.

It's an intriguing idea. I'm not sure how well a boss of that type could be implemented into Boom, but it might work.

I'm sure Doomkid will post an update soon.

obake said:

It's an intriguing idea. I'm not sure how well a boss of that type could be implemented into Boom, but it might work.

I'm sure Doomkid will post an update soon.

Well, it would just be a resprited knight. I don't need it's AI to go for enemies or anything, just look like a player/prisoner

vadrig4r said:

The side fed weapon sprite is gorgeous, reminds me of the Natural Selection LMG.

The Chaingun replacement? That would be an E-11 Blaster Rifle, standard issue by Imperial Stormtroopers

LanHikariDS, I do the the Knight idea is pretty cool, but especially after working on incorporating Obake's WaveGunner, there's not much leftover in the way of spare resources. Hell I can never hold myself back from doing Doomy things though, but for now, I think I'll leave it.

NeedHealth, added to the roster!

Doomkid said:

LanHikariDS, I do the the Knight idea is pretty cool, but especially after working on incorporating Obake's WaveGunner, there's not much leftover in the way of spare resources. Hell I can never hold myself back from doing Doomy things though, but for now, I think I'll leave it.

NeedHealth, added to the roster!

Well, I just wanted it to use a slightly modified (or not at all modified) player sprite.

Just play the demo level Doomkid, absolutely brilliant! Took me back to playing Star Wars: Dark Forces years ago.

Really looking forward to playing more!

Not that I'm done (I could be if I weren't dicking around so much with Make War Not Love prize packs), but where/how do you want us to submit the maps? PM links to you, do you have somewhere to host them, or email them to you?

vadrig4r said:

Just play the demo level Doomkid, absolutely brilliant! Took me back to playing Star Wars: Dark Forces years ago.

I'm really glad you enjoy it :) I love this Star Wars/Doomy fusion going on here.

LanHikariDS said:

Not that I'm done (I could be if I weren't dicking around so much with Make War Not Love prize packs), but where/how do you want us to submit the maps? PM links to you, do you have somewhere to host them, or email them to you?

I'm happy for them to be posted here (if you wish) or PM'd to me through Doomworld.

Hey -- Hell Knights still display the original graphic in doom builder(I'm using db1). Ingame the sprite seems to be correct however.

Yeah, I think Chaingunners do the same thing, I'll get the correct frames for DB in there just to make it easier on mappers.