Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Outpost Hell - The Evolution of a Speedmap!

Here's a pic. Not too special, eh?

Outpost Hell is a vanilla 3-hour speedmap for The Ultimate Doom with a little twist: instead of spending one block of time on it, I spent 1 hour each night working on it, creating it on Monday and adding more to it in the next 2 days. It's actually quite a fun approach, considering it gives you thinking space in between mapping so you can plan to an extent what you're going to do next. But enough talk!

Outpost Hell - The original!

Outpost Hell 2.0 - Electric Something or Rather!

Outpost Hell 3.0 - The third installment that's actually better than the other 2!

I'll probably be doing more maps like these as time goes on, considering they don't eat up too much time and are more passable than my usual 1-hour fare. Enjoy!

Nice map, it was cool to see how it evolved. The ending of the second version is more engaging than the third one.

Still testing in ZDoom I see? ;) This switch in the 3rd one is missing a tag. The map still works though, it just goes a bit screwy momentarily.

Playing them in reverse order, so I haven't checked 2 or 1 yet. (edit: yeah it's broken in the 2nd one too.) Nice concept though.

It's a good method I think, the 2nd one feels much more complete than the 1st. The 3rd isn't quite as different but definitely feels more refined and fleshed out. Having time to think is often quite important to anything.

2.0 and 3.0 have been updated. And yes, I only tested in ZDoom because I am garbage of the highest order. :D

rdwpa said:

Favorite part was

Spoiler

the instapop caco. LOL.

Spoiler

Haha, that was originally supposed to raise with the other platforms but it glitched up somthing terrible if you used the lift too quickly. I realize it's a bit of a dick move. :P

Cracking little map. Couldn't find the second secret (the chaingun?) for the life of me though.

Spoiler

found the armour one triggered from a distance. also thought the suprise-caco was a brilliancy