Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

I have to disagree; the METAL/SUPPORT3 textures work well with separating what is mainly grayscale textures.

@Marnetmar: Good view, I like the colors and the "architecture" or however to call these nature-like structures, thing placement feels nice too.

Trying different mapping styles.

1 shot is from my new (hopefully-will-be-released) wad called PCR.
2 shot is from my Abyssal Speedmapping Session 27 map. (GZDoom makes it look ugly)

Does the green armor in the 2nd screenshot emit a purple dynamic light? Can it be an error in Stardate20x7 that went unnoticed until now?

Some side map I've been working on for a little while. Don't know where I'm heading with it (actually, I do, but more on that once I release my other map, fortress of misery).

Although, I thought I'd still post a few screens of what it looks like so far as I've been picking it up this week end again.

https://imgur.com/a/8PaIp

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten "fortress of misery", this is mairly a side map. It's not on my main priority.

Infact, fortress of misery is almost done but I will admit that I had a little of a mapper's block with it as of recently (mainly the reason why I picked up my side map again). It's even more frustrating as I literally only have the final boss fight to program and that's pretty much it...

Hey, I did the room at least:

==> Random door leading to boss room

Spoiler

==> Behind said door
Spoiler

I will see what I do with that checker board wood texture in the second shot. Now that I look at the screenshot, I see that it looks a little off on the surrounding areas (the central circle is fine I guess).

scifista42 said:

Does the green armor in the 2nd screenshot emit a purple dynamic light? Can it be an error in Stardate20x7 that went unnoticed until now?

since fixed, along with a few other broken animations and other quirks. you guys were using a first beta after all :p

walter confalonieri said:

Now barely filled with buildings!

Sandy Petersen-style architecture doesn't translate very well to Strife tbh.

Working on a Doom WAD, here's some screenies of it in Brutal Doom.

Spoiler

It's a secret to everybody!

Marnetmar said:

Sandy Petersen-style architecture doesn't translate very well to Strife tbh.

It sure as hell does to me.

Z0k said:

after being in hiatus from mapping i started back to keep working in the project with dmphobos.

http://i.imgur.com/rp0c8Td.png

http://i.imgur.com/NSkphMS.png

still need to work on that control room to add you know some computer panels and some ceiling texture, some boxes cranes and well more boxes

These look amazing. Why Don't I see many wads looking like this? Is this the first of its kind? Bloody great stuff.

TraceOfSpades said:

Because we live in a patriargal world ruled by cis scum and rape culture or something or another.

Let's not do this? Thanks.

edit: might as well post a god dang screenshot now!!

lmao I haven't worked on this thing for like a month.

I'm defnitely going to need to try out this kind of technique; pretty inspiring an_mutt. Also I agree with that statement; let's not go there.

TraceOfSpades said:

Because we live in a patriargal world ruled by cis scum and rape culture or something or another.

Nope, it's because 1000 marines fit inside his freky huge ass (and therefore huge intestins). Doomguy Mk 2 once dreamt of killing him from inside, but he ended up being... "digested". That's why nowadays we only have Mk 1, not Mk 2.

Gustavo6046 said:

Nope, it's because 1000 marines fit inside his freky huge ass (and therefore huge intestins). Doomguy Mk 2 once dreamt of killing him from inside, but he ended up being... "digested". That's why nowadays we only have Mk 1, not Mk 2.

I thought the subject stopped.

The_Trigger said:

I thought the subject stopped.

In Doomworld style! While it was interesting-cool-and-whatnot let's resume our screenshotties.

Egregor said:

I heard doomworld likes this kind of stuff.

That looks awesome! :)

I think I'm betting the hang of drawing mountains for sky textures. If you guys don't have enough skies I think I'll be able to come up with a sky texture pack with nice horizons such as mountains and cities and stuff.

That looks pretty good 40oz! Much better than the mountains I tried drawing by hand the last time I tried it. The highlights are a bit dirty and maybe the yellow is a bit too...yellow for the browns? I would also try softening up the border between the mid-range browns and the shadows in places too.