Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

My map/GZDB broke!

This is all my fault. The computer I use, used to be my sister and it was very disorganized. I decided to clean things up. I figured I'd have to relocate files for gzdoom, my wads, resources... all that.

I load up my wad in doombuilder and i get an error message that says, "Script error, "gzdoom.pk3:compatibility.txt" line 363:
Expected '}', got 'setthingz'."

I can load my map through zandronum and it loads fine, but when I go to load it in GZDoom Builder it wont work. Just for shits and giggles I decided to start a New Map (one square room with a player start) I go to test it - same error.

What am I doing wrong?

It says a Script Error. Have you tried opening the scripts of the map and compiling again? It may show a map breaking error. However I have feeling it may be something in a Decorate or MapInfo file. Perhaps a resource that is required is missing since you moved your files. Open your map with Slade 3 and look for line 363 in one of your text files.

I figured it out I think. I think the gzdoom.wad and gzdoom.pk3 files that I ended up putting in my folder were different point releases.

Chezza said:

It says a Script Error. Have you tried opening the scripts of the map and compiling again? It may show a map breaking error. However I have feeling it may be something in a Decorate or MapInfo file. Perhaps a resource that is required is missing since you moved your files. Open your map with Slade 3 and look for line 363 in one of your text files.

Thank you for your reply. I don't think I'll ever mess around with Slade again. I thought custom textures would be easy. lol