Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrea Rovenski

Sunlust + Summer of '69 demos [-complevel 9]

I took a look at map 09 because it hasn't been done on DSDA. Phew, lack of ammo is the biggest problem I see and I only found 2/3 secrets. Surely secret 3 gives me the big strap on!

Ashstrodamus said:

I took a look at map 09 because it hasn't been done on DSDA. Phew, lack of ammo is the biggest problem I see and I only found 2/3 secrets. Surely secret 3 gives me the big strap on!

secrets are quite easy to be found. and i like the map too. maybe i make a demo in some days. but i changed mouse and i cant get used to the sensitivity again somehow.
btw you have an hidden blue switch in a mancubus spot, a wall lowering by pressing it on the way to BFG and the blue teleport where all the revenants on the pillars raising and lowering are. i hope it was enough to find all.
im sure you'll be faster recording than me anyway, so goodluck

Ancalagon said:

^ This is when nomo100 sounds like a reasonable category

made my first valid exit 10 sec ago... since im ill maybe i can get a decent luck and a run worth uploading soon ;)

ahah cool, found a bug where u can be trapped. (right behind the plasma in the YK room)

blob1024 said:

ahah cool, found a bug where u can be trapped. (right behind the plasma in the YK room)

You actually did a glide and got stuck by accident? :/

dannebubinga said:

You actually did a glide and got stuck by accident? :/

ill attach that lmp in the archive when i post the max one. basically after your teleport on the plasma, I moved backwards in the pit I guess

sl09-0738

mouse movement is extremely bad still, but had some smooth fights here and time isnt total trash. will hardly return here tho, I bet my new gf dislikes doom. lol

sl09-738.zip

Blob1024, I'll have to check out your demos when I decide to do a playthrough of Sunlust. btw, you sure haven't uploaded anything on youtube lately. What happened?

my life changed drastically, i hadnt touched doom for months, and I still didnt install back vegas to upload videos on YT
i have so much to post there, but ive little free time and grew lazy :s
maybe i find some time again next months

That's fair Blob1024, Life does get in the way of things sometimes. It happens to me. I look forward to seeing more videos soon! :)

I tried map24 since the only run for this level is TAS on DSDA. UV Speed in 11:24. Not a great time, I'd say it could be much faster if you skip the BFG, but that makes the final room much more difficult...

sl24-1124.zip

Hello and sorry for the non-default bgm.

But here's an UV-Speed of Sunlust - MAP18 in 3:06.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1UgrzwiSPU

Yeah, it's possible to be faster by rushing to every key. But then
you need more luck with the archviles. Easily my favourite WAD
in a long time, though maps 29 and 30 were excruciatingly hard.

I never finished the wad but one day I decided to uv-max a random map and I chose map 24. I played it for like an hour and couldn't even get past the 1st section using saves lol. Nice work Killer you make it look a lot easier than it is...

Haha thanks, yeah I've played that level so many times I'll probably dream about running it. About half of the runs fail at the beginning too and most of the other deaths were at the red key arena and sometimes in the vile room (argh!).

Hey, just wondering why there's no UV max of map 22 yet? Is it secretly the hardest map or something? I'm quite interested in seeing how people handle the Baron/Heck Knight horde and Cacoswarm efficiently. I tried recording one myself but it didn't work out.

KillerDog745 said:

Updated UV speed of map24 in 5:30. A lot of luck went into this one.

Haha great stuff

Sunlust MAP10 UV-Max (7:09)

This is just a filler. The time could easily go to 6:30 with some proper play, but I'm a novice when it comes to hard maps. You can tell I got nervous throughout the entire run fumbling with my weapons and such. I've never died in the last section of this map for some reason, but out in the open before getting the blue key door open is hell.

sl10-709.zip

Map20 UV Max in 16:28. Not a good time as I was really nervous for the second half of the run. That was the only time I survived the four viles and cyberdemon in the building. Maybe I'll try to improve it later, but I need a break from this level for a while...

sl20-1628.zip

nice :). There are one or two spots in this wad I'd say are legitimately unfair on UV, and that bfg area is among them

Thanks Ribbiks, also there are two strategies that I found while practicing that have gotten me past that part.

The first one is grabbing the BFG then immediately running left and into a cubby hole, wait for the viles to fire and then rush out and hopefully kill two. The problem is that sometimes a vile blocks you in, causing you to waste the single BFG shot. Also the cyber can find you and pop a rocket in your little space.

The strategy I used in the demo seems a bit more reliable as long as you get past the cyber. The problem I have with this one is sometimes the viles wander and resurrect more enemies and its a very cramped fight lol.