Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Texture Extravaganza [COMMUNITY PROJECT] (CANCELLED - Check last post)

It's soo laaame, I know

So I was fiddling with jmickle66666666's Map Theme Generator, when I found this little rule; Only use textures from my texture selector. So, I checked it out and it's a pretty nice tool, giving you 4 flats and 4 textures to use on your map.

Since I found that a bit restrictive, here's the rules for this project;

1. You must post a number between 1 - 30 and you will get some textures based on what number you chose

2. You must use every texture you got

3. You ARE allowed to use, other than the restricted textures;
- F_SKY1
- DOORTRAK or DOORSTOP, make a choice
- any generalized door texture
- any switch texture
Also, if you get a door texture in the selector, you may only use that door texture.

4. Maps must be completed, no deadline since sue me.

5. Maps must be Boom compactibility (-complevel 9) max. Sky transfers are allowed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Participants
~~~~~~~~~~~~

01 - rdwpa - Under the Stars
02 - T_Silverwolf
03 - joe-ilya - Technological Rocks
04 - Royal_Sir
05 - Doom14 - A Slice of BROWNPIP
06 - NecrumWarrior
07 - Frisky
08 - Du Mhan Yu - unnamed
09 - muumi
10 - ClumsyDoomer
11 - Pinchy - Green Flow
12 - DoomLover234
13 - Vanger_ru
14 - olekopyto - Mines
15 - walter confalonieri - Putrescence
16 - Azuruish - Oscuro Rayo
17 - Megalyth
18 - Pookaball
19 - Liberation
20 - TheArcadeStriker
21 - Solarn - unnamed
22 - Dragonfly - Restriction
23 - Albertoni - Soul-Searching
24 - dobu gabu maru - Alchemist's Tower
25 - AD_79
26 - The Mionic Donut
27 - Olekopyto - Grzegżółka
28 - gaspe
29 - bzzrak - Castle of Hegemonic Crucifixion
30 - scotty

So, what to say, other than YOU MAY START PICKING NUMBERS!

EDIT: BETA 3 is out. Get it at http://www.mediafire.com/download/agqe6904ndid46d/textextr_b3.zip

DoomLover234, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

I would recommend stopping this and do some small personal projects first to build up your resume before starting a CP.

Impboy4 said:

DoomLover234, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

I would recommend stopping this and starting smaller and do some small personal projects first to build up your resume before starting a CP.

Thank you for being so motivational!

Impboy4 said:

I would recommend stopping this and do some small personal projects first to build up your resume before starting a CP.

You meant "Impboy4, before you start asking for volunteers for your new mega-cool-and-whatnot community megawad project, make sure you have something to show first (previous WADs, experience with project management, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of awesome community megawad project ideas that fell apart at the seams."?

You gotta demotivate newbies professionally.

Anyway, I may try. This sure sounds stupid, but so did 50 shades of graytall.

I choose 19.

Impboy4, that's not how the [newproject]™ tag works! Allow me...

DoomLover234, before you start asking for volunteers for your new mega-cool-and-whatnot community megawad project, make sure you have something to show first (previous WADs, experience with project management, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of awesome community megawad project ideas that fell apart at the seams.™

EDIT: well shoot, that didn't go as well as planned...

Scypek2 said:

You meant "Impboy4, before you start asking for volunteers for your new mega-cool-and-whatnot community megawad project, make sure you have something to show first (previous WADs, experience with project management, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of awesome community megawad project ideas that fell apart at the seams."?

You gotta demotivate newbies professionally.

Anyway, I may try. This sure sounds stupid, but so did 50 shades of graytall.

I choose 19.

Well, thanks for that! This is just my first project, but I can show you that I can lead it very nicely. Trust me, please. Help a newbie grow confidence!

You chose slot 19:
- TANROCK2
- TANROCK4
- WOOD12
- BROWN144
- single door texture
- single door track texture (either -STOP or -TRAK)

- CEIL3_6
- FLOOR5_2
- RROCK06
- GNRLITE1

A pretty good set of textures and flats, in my opinion.

rdwpa said:

In, will take #1. I'll probably make a map of moderate difficulty at the highest.

Slots don't depend on MAP##.

You chose slot 1? It's the texture from the pic up there:

- BRWINDOW
- ZZWOLF2
- STONE4
- ROCK3
- single door texture
- single door track

- TLITE6_5
- RROCK14
- SFLR7_1
- BLOOD1
- (you can use another flat if you want to)

Good luck and thanks for joining in!

Will i get cookie textures if i choose 16? I must know before i will make cake and it will bur.... khm khm... ready i meant.

DoomLover234 said:

Slots don't depend on MAP##.

Yeah, I know. Haha, I was hoping I didn't get one of the Wolf textures. I guess it'd be possible to use only the edges, with lots of aligning.

Azuruish said:

Will i get cookie textures if i choose 16? I must know before i will make cake and it will bur.... khm khm... ready i meant.

You chose 16. Smart choice!

- SKINSCAB
- METAL4
- BROWN144
- PANEL1
- door, trak, blah blah

- FLAT5
- LAVA4
- CEIL5_2
- FLOOR5_2

You can probably make a cookie out of it. Good luck and thanks!

@AnonimVio

- GSTONE2
- ZIMMER3
- GRAY5
- ZIMMER8
-door, trak, blah blah

- FLOOR0_7
- RROCK11
- LAVA2
- CEIL4_2

@T_Silverwolf

- TEKGREN2
- BIGDOOR2
- ZZWOLF13
- ASHWALL4
- you can use another texture since there's a door texture

- CEIL3_6
- FLAT23
- COMP01
- FLOOR7_1

Slots do not refer to MAP##.

- CRATE1
- TANROCK7
- SP_ROCK1
- SHAWN2
- blahblah door, trak

- CEIL1_2
- FLAT4
- CRATOP1
- FLOOR4_5

Lots of possibilities with these textures!

Scypek2 said:

HavoX said:

Off-Topic: Honestly the new tag isn't much different (except that it's longer to type) than the one that was used since Doomworld's creation.

On Topic: I probably won't join due to the limitations of the textures. I'm not good with texture limitations. (take a look at the Ten Community Project MAP07)

@walter confalonieri

- TANROCK5
- NUKEDGE1
- WOODMET4
- MIDSPACE
- door, trak, switch

- TLITE6_5
- MFLR8_1
- SFLR6_4
- FLAT20

@Royal_Sir

Oh snap, forgot about switches. Use one texture. You can have many switches, but they must have the same texture.

- BRICK10
- GRAYPOIS
- PIPES
- LITE3
- door, trak, switch

- CEIL4_1
- SFLR6_4
- FLAT5
- COMP01

@Glaice No.

Interesting idea. Is there a limit on how small a map can be? I'd be willing to contribute an early-game map such as map01.

If it's not taken, I'll have number 22, although I don't understand the relevance of this number :P.

EDIT:
also, what port is this for? I am assuming boom.

Dragonfly said:

https://i.gyazo.com/8c91ba3a4a62b3ccec0bfbcd8fd75b9e.png

Interesting idea. Is there a limit on how small a map can be? I'd be willing to contribute an early-game map such as map01.

If it's not taken, I'll have number 22, although I don't understand the relevance of this number :P.

Thanks for the screenshot!

No, there's no limit. You can make it Odyssey of Noises big, you can make it Entryway small.

I have the numbers written down; next to them are the corresponding textures. But I am not corrupt, that's why I asked you guys to give me restrictions, so you don't blame me for picking the best textures out of my notepad.

- PIPE2
- ZZWOLF1
- SHAWN1
- CRATWIDE
- door, trak, switch

- LAVL3
- RROCK20
- FLAT9
- BLOOD1
- if you want you can use another flat due to 2 liquids

2 liquids here, I wonder how you'll interpret it!

Spoiler

This is what I had planned for 12;
- MARBFACE
- BRICK3
- GRAYVINE
- SILVER1

- FLAT1
- SLIME16
- GATE1
- FLAT19

This lets you see that even tho it's a great set, I didn't want to choose it since it would not be fair.

@Vanger_ru

- SLADSKUL
- CRATE2
- ICKWALL4
- GSTGARG

- RROCK10
- FLAT9
- FLAT5_7
- CEIL3_4

Also, since the textures I got are quite shit, I'll give myself and everyone who I think has shit textures the right to pick another texture that looks OK. Just one. I mean can you make a masterpiece with PANBORD1, STEP1, SP_DUDE7 and PIPES? I'll be using the texture BRICK7 as the non-shit texture if anyone wants to know.

Thanks for the textures.

Also, I think people shouldn't get re-selections; that's the fun and challenge of this - finding new and interesting ways to work with textures you may otherwise not use.

Good luck everyone!

@ClumsyDoomer

- PANEL4
- METAL5
- PIPE4
- GRAYPOIS
- door, trak, switch

- FWATER3
- SLIME09
- FLAT4
- FLAT5

@Dragonfly

I didn't intend to use re-selections. It kills the fun. You should make a map interesting with what you get.