Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 27 - Proud Sponsor of Bullshit Mapnames!

Here's another version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wb13yd2a853m8i3/ass27v02.zip?dl=1

Updates
- Several maps have been updated:
- - Obsidian's map (MAP12)
- - 4shockblast's map (MAP15)
- - rf`'s map (MAP13)
- Added music to rwdpa's map (MAP06)
- Red key door textures replaced with black ones

I don't think I am able to finish polishing this ASS, I feel like I need a break from Doom for a while, especially since I have a kinda stressful job thing happening at the same time. Is there anyone else here who wouldn't mind taking over for the moment? If not, expect updates to be slower than usual (though that might not be too bad a thing, given that we're not releasing this one for a while anyways).

Todo
- TITLEPIC, INTERPIC (apparently an apology to Ribbiks), and intermission music
- MAPINFO, EMAPINFO, and DEHACKED
- Reorder maps based on difficulty
- Maybe make the MAP01-MAP11 sky cover MAP12-MAP15 too
- M_DOOM maybe? I dunno, a purple donut bone or something?

Surreily, watched your playthrough of my map.

Firstly, I had designed the Cybie part so that you run past everybody, in order to conserve ammo (tbh you lose every bit of ammo fighting them!

You also got very lucky with the Barons. Too bad that guy didn't move forward~

It seems you enjoyed my map tho. Thanks for the playthrough!

Playthrough of ASS27: http://www.twitch.tv/4shockblast/v/51217722.

FDAs for all the maps were recorded as well, except mine (a couple maps were also done with rerecords). Unfortunately overwrote the FDA for joe's map, but the playthrough is still recorded on stream. Did an FDA in GZDoom v2.0.0.5 for NuclearPotato's map, since it didn't work in PrBoom+. FDA for TMD's map recorded with an updated version of the map that wasn't in the latest set (joe's map was also played on the updated version posted after the latest set). Link to FDAs: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/attachment.php?postid=1566305.

Mostly cool maps in this one as usual. :) As mentioned previously, NuclearPotato's map does not work in PrBoom+. I think AnonimVio's map could use some more ammo, maybe DoomLover234's as well, although with better berserk usage it might not be necessary. Obsidian's map also has a glide, but I'd say it should be left in as it's guided and doesn't skip much (makes pacifist/speed more interesting imo). Favorite maps were probably rdwpa's, Pinchy's first map, and rf`'s map.

Edit: It's not in the stream, but it is possible to glide through the floor to the exit on Obsidian's map between the lift and the outside section since that gap is 32 units wide as well. Also, the cyber is stuck in its starting position.

That's very weird, because I explicitly tested it in prBoom+. I had already been reworking the balance of the map a little; I'll test it again. Haven't watched the FDA yet, but I'm guessing one of the walls didn't lower? I was having that problem at the end of the 2nd hour, but I thought I fixed that by adding dummy sectors in between the walls.

EDIT: Just watched the FDA. I got no idea what happened to you. It's loading fine in prBoom+ for me.

MAP14 can be beaten in one second. That exit switch can be activated from the bottom, at least in ZDoom.

Interested in compiling this and shipping it off to idgames if people are willing to re-upload any maps with broken links.