Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChickenOrBeef

Get Doom I and Doom II when you pre-order DOOM for Xbox One

Via IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/23/get-doom-and-doom-2-for-free-when-you-pre-order-doom-on-xbox-one

If you pre-order DOOM on Xbox One, you’ll be gifted free copies of the original DOOM and DOOM II.

Both DOOM and DOOM II are available on Xbox One as backward-compatible titles. Codes for the games are expected to arrive in the buyer’s Xbox Message Center within 7-10 days, and are redeemable on the Xbox website.

I understand why this can't happen on PS4, since the original Doom games haven't been ported (yet). But I don't see why this same promotion can't apply to Steam. I guess Microsoft might be footing the bill for this in hopes of increasing sales for the Xbox One version.

Already own Doom 2 on my Xbox One. MY God. I must have beaten it like 14 times in the past month alone. I always think of Doom 2016 when I play Doom 2. Kinda trying to imagine how the new Doom will feel and what not. It's the only game I play on my Xbox One :D Ooooh I can't fucking wait for May 13th. I'm going to jump in my car. .rush to the store. .Pick 2 copies of the game. PS4 version and Xbone version. I'm going to kiss the game boxes. Jump in my car. .do a burnout and go home. .FAST! Probably gonna cry if the game won't be amazing

ChickenOrBeef said:

I understand why this can't happen on PS4, since the original Doom games haven't been ported (yet). But I don't see why this same promotion can't apply to Steam. I guess Microsoft might be footing the bill for this in hopes of increasing sales for the Xbox One version.

What self-respecting PC gamer doesn't already have Doom?

Greed. They are literally giving you extra things for no extra money.

It's not really "greedy" to promote the platform they run.

J.B.R said:

Greed, if charging you for Xbox Live isn't enough, then they need more money to satisfy thier greed.

Is sony greedy too for having promotion deals for all things star wars?

J.B.R said:

Greed, if charging you for Xbox Live isn't enough, then they need more money to satisfy thier greed.

Except Doom and Doom 2 are provided for free. I don't think you thought this through.

How typical for them to throw copies of the original Dooms. Nothing wrong with it of course - just the idea is a little exhausted since they constantly re-release their own games and throw the original Dooms for value. In PC you can get digital copies of Doom way too easily, especially due to piracy. Whether people are for or against pirating I'm fairly certain most of the world would treat it as old abandoned-ware or something along those lines (when clearly it isn't I know).

I see the problem with this...they won't able to use third party levels and mods, unless the free copies are for the PC.

I'm surprised they aren't just including doom 3 bfg edition instead. Maybe something with the lighting or something didn't translate that well to 360->xbone

J.B.R said:

Fine, both Sony and Microsoft are greedy, happy now?

No because I still had to read your post

J.B.R said:

Stuff

So let me get your logic straight....
*-Doom preorder on xbox one:
OK
*-Doom preorder on xbox one with original games for free:
Greedy sons of bitches

I mean, really? Seriously?

Isn't it fucked up the first thing some of us thought after reading that is "BFG editions of the IWADs. Poor people who actually get these"?