Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArchangelOfHell

DooM (Animation) --Under Construction--

(I apologize, if your just entering this thread I've decided to totally reconstruct the video so that it holds true to the name DooM. If however your interested in the older Alpha Ill send the video via PM)

The first "unfinshed" episode of an animated series based on ID software's DooM.

-After the Phobos signal is intercepted all communication is lost.. Something evil has manifested from one of the gateways. Mars begins to report strange anomalies. The UAC sends the first wave of Marines down.. all hell is about to break lose.

Check back soon, editing the video.

Its a really old program that uses Md2 models. Your right. I'm in the process of creating another version that's a thousand times better, explaining in detail the events leading up to the game.

I dig the direction you are going in, like a tribute to the days of those prerendered FMV games of the cd-rom era (Journeyman Project, Myst, Iron Helix etc.)

However you have some issues with the way you used the frame rate. Nearly all the "sudden flash" type transition effects display for only a single frame and just make the video unwatchable imo

Noted-
Yeah there is a huge issue with lag in the opening sequence.
But I just wanted to get everyone's feedback here. The more comments the better. I will take these notes into serious consideration and totally revamp the hell out of this, and fix the dam framerate. I'm in the process of creating a true script and huge backstory for the massive world which is DooM, explaining in detail the UAC and its teleportation experiments. Creating a better atmosphere, sense of dread. Thanks gents.

To be honest, the combination of low framerate, highly compressed textures, low color depth and loud clipping audio made the entire thing really unsettling to watch. Like some lost prototype of a PSX-exclusive Doom game that's coming apart at the seams.

What's there to apologize about? I just said I liked it. It's also never good to destroy something you've made, since years down the line you'll only come to regret the loss of being able to see how far you've come.

Its cool, your right to be honest. Its just that I really should have fixed these issues before releasing it. But consider it like the Alpha version before the actual real deal. Ill definitely return with a way better version down the road.
In the actual 3d movie maker program it runs like a charm.

I'm working on a new script and trying to add more character to most of the models. Ill see everyone in a few weeks hopefully. And really need to find a good video capture program for free. Does anyone have any recommendations?

ArchangelOfHell said:

And really need to find a good video capture program for free. Does anyone have any recommendations?

OBS is pretty excellent, especially the Multiplat/Studio rewrite. I dropped Fraps in favor of it years ago.

Yeah for real man I only got to see half earlier before work. Sure it looked like an old 90's FMV, but I'd still like to see what's gonna happen.

Alright gents I found an older version, with a better framerate atleast. Ill upload it for those who are interested, If you want to see this just send a PM.

And thanks Jaxxoon ill check it out.