Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaxRideWizardLord

Anyone know any good magic weapons mods (even if super OP) for Doom/HeXen/Heretic ??

Unfortunatelly, there aren't much magic mods (that I know at least), and most of them have very limited amount magic weapons. I don't care if they are beyond overpowered, as long as they are fun they can are more than welcome, just not something like click button - huge explosion - clean room like Boomdoom mod. So far I only know guncaster, WoC and AEoD as good magic mods, but even then, they are like have 30% of magic weapons rather than be purely a magic mod. I really like unique and interesting type of attack rather than just old boring hitscan\bullets or generic explosions\splashdamage. Would be awesome to see mods with proper AoE ground magic that last for several seconds and damage enemies within, or something like Tesla gun from RTCW\Wolfenstein 2009 and some very complicated, huge-beautiful-flame type of flamethrower.

If you know any good weapon mods that contains magic in them while have majority of other non-magic weapons, or if it have sci-fi weapons that work like magic, those are welcome too.

Rubilacxe said:

Speaking for Heretic specifically, I can recommend War of the Sidhe - http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=46670

It's more of an enhancement of the original Heretic arsenal, but worth a look.

Not exactly what I was hoping for... But it's better than nothing.

If you know some more mods like this, especially with more and more op magic, please let me know.

Thank you for sharing!

You need to get GZDoom and Samsara. You can play as characters from other games, like the Heretic protagonist etc ...

You can freeze monsters and then shatter them!

VGA said:

You need to get GZDoom and Samsara. You can play as characters from other games, like the Heretic protagonist etc ...

You can freeze monsters and then shatter them!

Already played them, not sure about the last version though. I wonder if in the last version they added more characters and weapons to play as?

Ellywelly said:

Magic mods are pretty rare, but there are a few!
I think the most significant one that you haven't already mentioned is Psychic, which is over here - http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21681

Besides that, you might also want to check out Cybermage. Not a mod, but a full game from the Doom era where you play a mage in a cyberpunky sci-fi world.

I have played all of the psychic mods, including one in multiplayer. It was more guns orientated unfortunately, as the magic felt not so powerful and mostly like support element to the weapons.

And cybermage, if I remember correct, is more like sci-fi star wars-like game where you still mostly rely on generic weapons like from doom 2, but I can be wrong as I haven't played it myself.