Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

The New Mancubus (Sucks)

I just came across this, what are your thoughts? Yes it's supposed to be a Mancubus.

Definitely a design that would fit with Doom 3's more tech-based demon ideas. It's a pretty cool concept.

Yesterday we got the news that the game is rated 18 in germany. As far as i know is that this institution is rating more or less the final product. So i couldnĀ“t imagine that any major changes will follow. I dont know if they can change a creaturedesign after the rating was done. At least for me, i like the way the mancubus looks in the trailer and i hope that they keept the gory death animation in the game as seen in the E3 gameplay. It was a great 1:1 from the old Doom when the flesh is falling from his bones. On the other hand it looked like the remains after a delicious chickenmeal :)

Otus said:

Yesterday we got the news that the game is rated 18 in germany. As far as i know is that this institution is rating more or less the final product. So i couldnĀ“t imagine that any major changes will follow. I dont know if they can change a creaturedesign after the rating was done. At least for me, i like the way the mancubus looks in the trailer and i hope that they keept the gory death animation in the game as seen in the E3 gameplay. It was a great 1:1 from the old Doom when the flesh is falling from his bones. On the other hand it looked like the remains after a delicious chickenmeal :)

Well, I suppose the only hope left is for the modding community to right this travesty against mancubi.

Deatheye said:

this is like thousand times better, holy shit this is what I call a mancubus - except the leg thing + he needs 2 weapons

I imagined the leg thing appearing to aid walking at first, only to snap upright and begin firing like the other arm cannon. That would be unexpected and pretty damn cool. Overall that is a much better looking Mancubus than the cartoon cyclops we ended up getting. I wish id made the monsters more angry looking in Doom 2016.

As far as I know the revenants in this game have been engineered by the UAC, I think the same concept could apply to a mancubus similar to the one I posted, the naked Mancubus being an unfinished product while the finished product being armored.

So we have 2-3 types of Mancubi now? Poison and Fire? I guess the armored variant will be the elite UAC modified version?

Xerge said:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/scm2k6/Shafer-ArtTest-Mancubus_zpspiiyco9e.jpg

I just came across this, what are your thoughts? Yes it's supposed to be a Mancubus.

That's a pretty cool design. It definitely fits the grotesque appearance and nature of a gluttonous Demon. The upcoming Doom's version looks more of a fat heavy as opposed to a true Demon altered with Tech limbs. You can also imagine it having a heavy foot step with a slimy moan and it slowly stomps around looking for the player. It would totally suit Doom.

Ah well, I don't hate the current Mancubus anyway, but this would of been cooler.