Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xerge

Pinky Demon

So, what are your thoughts on the new pinky demon so far?

I hope his big tusks look really lethal in the game, like they could easily rip human flesh with one bite.

Looks bland. Like any demon from a fantasy game post-WoW. I want my skinless deformed lizard-gorilla back.

Solarn said:

Looks bland. Like any demon from a fantasy game post-WoW. I want my skinless deformed lizard-gorilla back.

u r cool

It's a really good remake of the original, but I was hoping it would look a bit scarier. I think I'll probably like how it looks in-game though. We didn't get much of a look from the trailer.

Almonds said:

u r cool

I like how you were criticizing people earlier for writing supposedly immature "Youtube style" critiques. Then you reply to a well written opinion with this. Classy. And hypocritical.

Overall the pinky demon OP presented looks fantastic. It is cartoony, but in a good way. Looks angry and retains the menacing vibe of the original Pinky. And as DooM_RO noted, the original was cartoony to begin with. So I think it's a great adaptation. I like the big fang teeth. Looks like something that wants to bite your face off. If some of the other cartoony monsters from Doom 2016 (cyberdemon, mancubus) shared this same pissed off appearance I'd be much happier with the final game.

DooM_RO said:

How this isn't cartoony is beyond me.

http://i.imgur.com/DPoGUFv.gif

he doesn't look so "soft" and "aww please pet me :3" like the new one - and back in the days it wasn't possible to make high detailed designs - take a look at the pinky reaper miniature, that's how they wanted it to look

Uh, I dunno. Neither one of those pinkies above are things I'd want to pet, personally O_o

The new pinky is great. Now that I think about it, I haven't had a single problem with any of the monster designs so far.

I LOVE it! He's nasty, mean, and close to the original, just as I like it.

The monsters so far seem to fall into two categories: Gritty realistic take and slightly exaggerated brightly colored.

The Imps, Hellknights, Revenants, posessed (zombies), and the original Cacodemon fall into the former, while the Baron, Pinky, and new Cacodemon (the recolor since the initial screenshots) fall into the latter.
It's a bit jarring to see both styles in the same game, almost like playing a custom wad with new enemies thrown in from a different art style.
I don't think they look bad, though; its almost like the less you get away from the UAC experiments and deeper into naturally made hell demons, the more cartoonish, for lack of a better word.

Ginsu said:

I prefer the penis looking mechanical legs one from D00M 3.

I was actually thinking it would've been cool to see a similar beast to that pinky demon in this game too, but as some sort of UAC engineered hybrid between the original pinky demon and some other animal or animals' dick, so we can have both.

EDIT: Although this would probably cause some confusion and an inconsistent art direction, so forget about it.

I like that the demons look more like the originals... I've always wondered what the demons in knee deep in the dead would look like if brought up to date. I think this game serves to show that. It serves to do what a doom game in 2016 should do. With monsters included... I'm excited for spider mastermind though... that's gonna be one hell of a surprise

New Pinky looks great, can't believe anybody would complain about it. It's a really nice remake of the original, much better than the un-circumcised penis-looking one from Doom 3...

I think he looks great! And he will look 20 times better in motion! Since Imps can climb walls and basically go wherever you can go, I'm really interested in what would Pinky do if you double jump or climb on a high crate or something. .Will he be trying to jump and try to bite you. Just growl at you like an angry dog. Or will he just be running in circles until you blast his head open with the SSG.