Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrInternational

What's your opinion on a Clan system in Doom 2016?

As the title says should Doom 2016 apply a clan system? Similar idea to that of Halo 5's "Spartan Companies" or Call of Duty's "Elite"? I personally think it would be kinda fun to get some of your buddies to play competitively under a fun clan. It will also build competition making Doom more fun in the long run.

Well you can just have a basic Tag system or something. That's basic and one way to differentiate a group from another.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

No way, thanks god you're not making the game :v .

Lol, screw you dude. And please explain why Doom isn't "That" type of game to have a clan system I would honestly really appreciate your educated opinions besides "ew gross why? you're stupid" lol

Because obviously a clan system means the game instantly turns into Call of Duty.

Only MODERN GAMES(tm) have such trappings, and all MODERN GAMES(tm) are shit bad crapfests for console babies.

MrInternational said:

Lol, screw you dude. And please explain why Doom isn't "That" type of game to have a clan system I would honestly really appreciate your educated opinions besides "ew gross why? you're stupid" lol

You won't see many of those from this place, especially not from them of all people.

-

I'd like to see it become a feature myself, Rickman's Unholy Reign shall rise again!

MrInternational said:

please explain why Doom isn't "That" type of game to have a clan system I would honestly really appreciate your educated opinions besides "ew gross why? you're stupid" lol

Because ...

AirRaid said:

Because obviously a clan system means the game instantly turns into Call of Duty.

Only MODERN GAMES(tm) have such trappings, and all MODERN GAMES(tm) are shit bad crapfests for console babies.

AirRaid said:

I hear and respect your opinion, but I disagree. I personally don't believe that a game having its own clan system means its a call of duty inspiration. People who immediately come to this conclusion that a game has a clan system because of COD are a little narrow minded. There doesn't have to be a 4 digit clan tag like COD, but maybe something different like "Destiny" where you have the title of the clan your with underneath your gamertag. Or maybe have a clan page on Bethesda's website to have it not directly attached to the game. If you wanna clan just create one if not then there wont be any indication that there is a clan system in Doom itself. Personally I believe a clan system can attract more consumers to Doom. It attracts social gaming, a longer lifespan to the game, newer players to the series, and more money for Doom cause we all want to see Doom succeed. And isn't the latest installment of Doom targeting towards console babies?

I take it Face23785 and DMGUYDZ64 have literally never even looked at a multiplayer Doom community.

Because every single one I've seen and heard of has had clans. That's what I'm getting at. Yes.

Hopefully they have a tag system, I don't see why not. I myself probably won't join anymore clans after the fiascos I've had with them the last two years. Still wear my custom clan dogtags I made as a reminder not to take shit too seriously (which sucks things got so fucked because people took shit too seriously; for fuck's sake we were The Glorious Fucktards. Oh well.) I do like to know before I go into a game if the entire team is working together or not, plus if I do well against such a team it's a nice feeling.

Which brings me to a question I've had for a minute: are any DW mods on PS4? I think it'd be cool to have an official Doomworld community to coordinate tourney nights and also to have a friendly place to welcome in new Doomers.

I dunno if XBO has a similar feature to communities on PS4; I'm going for gaming PC next, then might pick up an XBO later. I've got a house to buy first though, heh.

Yes, The new DOOM should have a clan system. In today's gaming climate, if you want to engage people in a gaming experience for tens or hundreds of hours (and you're not an RPG), you really, deeply, need to support team play. We've seen literally nothing from duel mode, so I think it's safe to say that they're putting an emphasis on team play. Codifying a social structure to it is important to keeping people hooked.

Why the hell wouldn't there be some sort of clan system, if only rudimentary? It doesn't have to be flashy, but it should be there. Doom clans have been around since the mid 90's, why do people suddenly have this chip on their shoulder about it?

I think having the 4 letter tag besides the name would be good, cause some players in halo use whatever you have in the tag (duck, pink, pimp, gimp) to call out to you in game instead of calling out whatever long name you have (xX_Cyb3rD3mon_Xx)

AirRaid said:

The best clan name.

You're taking a rather strong stance against it with no room to budge and a little rude about it. Which surprises me as I was getting the impression you're a more down to earth person. Perhaps you frequently question and correct people as a strong opinionated devil's advocate.

Clan system's aren't a Bane to multiplayer and if you're concerned it turns a fun shooter into a competitive Call of Duty game well I assure you it's more about permanent score system with kill/death ratios instead of some tag. Doom could very well have that... I hope not though.

I thought it would be bad, but meuh i was wrong, Clan system would be nice, you can create and manage clans, do some nice Clan wars and stuff like these, Doesn't sound that bad actually .

Doomkid said:

Why the hell wouldn't there be some sort of clan system, if only rudimentary? It doesn't have to be flashy, but it should be there. Doom clans have been around since the mid 90's, why do people suddenly have this chip on their shoulder about it?

because people who are even tangentially familiar with modern gaming and its tenets aggressively attempt to shoot down any sort of feature or characteristic related to them regardless of how old they actually are just because it strongly stands out in the modern FPS market in a fresh manner and therefore makes you cool to shit on

Chezza said:

You're taking a rather strong stance against it with no room to budge and a little rude about it. Which surprises me as I was getting the impression you're a more down to earth person. Perhaps you frequently question and correct people as a strong opinionated devil's advocate.

Eh I wasn't even joking, that name is great. Clans absolutely should not take themselves seriously. It's about having fun with your friends in a goddamn videogame.

I personally dont have much use for a clan system, but I do appreciate its integration because I'm sure some people would. I always found it kinda weird that most software seemed naive to the kind of users using it. Like when you've got a slow connection in a network game and "CONNECTION INTERRUPTED" or "NETWORK CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS" flares up on the screen. Isn't that just a needlessly complex way of saying "lag"?

Why do people put down potential features that would be ENTIRELY OPTIONAL from the player's perspective? Wtf.

And if your argument is "they can use their resources somewhere else"...this isn't the 90s! Shit like this can be completely outsourced, and done well.

Yes, any MP Arena shooter in 2016 should come with a clan and competitive system.