Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheDarkKnight

Is anyone else annoyed by lack of official news?

Hi,

Like the subject header says, is anyone else tired of waiting for Bethesda to post actual NEW news regarding this beloved franchise?

I know not everyone wants to be spoiled with pics and videos; but for those of us who do - myself included - I absorb every piece of information I can get my hands on. And considering how much damage control iD has had to do recently, with all the leaks, they could've saved themselves a lot of time by just officially releasing something/anything. Instead, we receive rehashed and recycled articles about items in the game we already know about, and have known about for some time. They do the exact same thing with pics, too :(

And they expect this info to be able to hold us off for another 2 1/2 months?

Lol. The next alpha will come soon enough. Then the beta. Then the full release. I'm sure there'll be something sprinkled info-wise in between, although it's killing me too not hearing anything new. At least we aren't far off from the actual game as of now :)

Wow calm down. This is what happens. You get a media blitz with a whole bunch of articles and then a quiet period.

Yes they expect that to last you a couple of months. It's news about a damn videogame, not food and water that you need to live.

I think the occasionally leaked screenshots are enough for me. I'm sure many of us can still wait for another two months before the game's release without getting another trailer or more video gameplay.

Lack of news, pretty sure they have already announced all they could announce (E3 Trailer, SnapMap trailer, Campaign Trailer, Multiplayer ... etc), they can't simply release every surprise they're working on that easy, besides , the game is coming May the 13th , so just wait .

MrDeAD1313 said:

Lol. The next alpha will come soon enough. Then the beta. Then the full release. I'm sure there'll be something sprinkled info-wise in between, although it's killing me too not hearing anything new. At least we aren't far off from the actual game as of now :)

There won't be another Alpha. But yeah. The next big thing is the BETA. It will keep us busy. The game is rather close. I think we wont get anything at all before the launch trailer (I mean gameplay videos). And I don't think they will give us any actual new info on the game as well. They have given enough info IMO. Now it's all about grinding till Beta and then May. .FUCK

I think they've released enough info for now. They still have to keep everyone wanting more for another two and a half months.

We still don't have proper gameplay footage of the campaign, the multiplayer, or SnapMap. We have the E3 gameplay from last year, but that's an older build and it was played more to show things off rather than just playing the game. So I can see why people feel there's not enough info out there, but I'm sure the Beta will shed a lot of light and I'm sure iD will release a few more important videos.

Enforcer said:

There won't be another Alpha. But yeah. The next big thing is the BETA. It will keep us busy. The game is rather close. I think we wont get anything at all before the launch trailer (I mean gameplay videos). And I don't think they will give us any actual new info on the game as well. They have given enough info IMO. Now it's all about grinding till Beta and then May. .FUCK

Who told you there won't be another alpha?
I believe id software thinks different :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/DOOM/status/685253511710392320

I don't think we will get another Alpha. It will probably be a straight beta test. Wehther it lasts only a weekend or until release remains to be seen. I hope there are new MP maps, new MP demons, and a little snapmap tester. However with all the leaks, I doubt we will see much.

AirRaid said:

Wow calm down. This is what happens. You get a media blitz with a whole bunch of articles and then a quiet period.

Yes they expect that to last you a couple of months. It's news about a damn videogame, not food and water that you need to live.

Sorry, didn't meant to yell?

In any case, media blitz or not, I personally don't think they've showcased enough.

But this raises another concern...

Perhaps Bethesda chose not to invest too much time, money, effort in to promoting this game because they believe the audience for FPSs (of this caliber) is not as strong as it used to be??? The way I see it, yes, DOOM has a strong fan base; but is it as strong as it once was?

Games such as Call of Duty, Killzone, and those outside of the FPS genre, such as Gears of War, all relied on similar formulas: A corridor-style shooter with more emphasis on seeking cover than ballz-to-the-wall gunplay. Despite their lack of originality, they sold quite well, and have all spanned successful franchises.

Shooters like DOOM - in my opinion - were slowly pushed aside...

And now iD/Bethesda is trying to resurrect that old style of gameplay (by which I mean run 'n gun as opposed to duck 'n cover) that hasn't been utilized in quite some time. Financially, they could be taking a huge risk. And the fact they've had to restart production/development on this game after one failed attempt leaves very little for a full advertising campaign. Again just my opinion...

Not to mention this is their second reboot attempt...

MrDeAD1313 said:

Hm. .I don't get it. The game is almost finished. It must be in a late beta stage and they want to give us another Alpha and THEN the Beta? I mean games go gold two weeks, or even one month before the release date. They are almost out of time and they are not saying shit. What the fuck is going on? Interesting. I still can't believe there will be another Alpha. I know I checked the link. .but. .Ah fuck it. .I know this will sound stupid but I don't think there will be another Alpha :)

MrDeAD1313 said:

@ MrDeAD1313 - I'm hoping for another ALPHA, too, but as Zemini said, it's possible we'll only see the BETA before release. Despite what iD/Bethesda claims, nothing is quite etched in stone; and they may sooner decide to ditch the ALPHA in favor of focusing on the full game release which, admittedly, is not TOO far away. At least not compared to two years ago:P

I was simply saying that they themselves said there was another alpha coming. Doesn't really matter to me either way. I just want a solid, bug-free game on the promised date :)

MrDeAD1313 said:

I was simply saying that they themselves said there was another alpha coming. Doesn't really matter to me either way. I just want a solid, bug-free game on the promised date :)

Agreed!

Enough information has been given, we are just the big fans that are hungry for more for even irrational reasons.

I believe the rehashed articles is just to keep Doom in the public's head. Sort of like a "Don't forget us, if you missed some information here is a new article with more confirmations." They want people to stay excited with little bits of new information here and there which can be dragged out until release without revealing too much. The best features have been revealed but the best of the game has been left hush hush.

Chezza said:

Enough information has been given, we are just the big fans that are hungry for more for even irrational reasons.

I believe the rehashed articles is just to keep Doom in the public's head. Sort of like a "Don't forget us, if you missed some information here is a new article with more confirmations." They want people to stay excited with little bits of new information here and there which can be dragged out until release without revealing too much. The best features have been revealed but the best of the game has been left hush hush.

Hmm... I agree with you in some respects. But there are better ways of keeping the general public interested; like posting new information:P

Yes, all my thoughts on DOOM are irrational at this point. I want to play the game already:(

It seems like every time I really start itching for new content, and am on the verge of getting highly agitated that nothing new has shown up, BAM, a trailer, screenshot, article. We'll see something very soon I imagine.

As much as everyone wants to see more... you know its going to be a hundred times better the less you know.. Its better when its more of a surprise... Even though I'd really like to see a few more photos or another short campaign video. I don't think its needed at this time before release.
Case in point, before Doom 3 even came out I just about knew every detail from the game. There really wasn't much of anything that shocked me at that point sadly.. although I still enjoyed the hell out of it.
Not that there pouring out tons of details, but still the current information is good at the moment, when the demo finally arrives people will have all they need. Then hopefully they will even improve on that design so the final deal will blow people away. Just a few thoughts.

MrDeAD1313 said:

I'm sick

yeah dude my throat is totally killing me as well.

nah for real though i kinda wished they gave out at least some sort of confirmation regarding what the beta will be about especially if its as close as they claim. the (although vagueish) confirmation of a third alpha incoming is weird as fuck, one'd thunk they'd had to have made some radical changes to the gameplay at this point in development because it'd be pants on retarded to just turn on the servers to play the exact same thing for a third time over for the sole excuse of testing server durability.

i really do hope the beta features at least a tiny single player portion of the game but that's just a pipe dream on my end, heh. 'shareware making a comeback' heh

I've seen enough of the game to sate my appetite, now I'm just looking forward to playing it. Two months will just fly by.

DooM_RO said:

I have a feeling they're going to show something every month until release.

Of this I have no doubt. Wether or not it's something new and interesting (of course, it will be:P) remains to be seen...

MrDeAD1313 said:

NO THERE ISN'T!

Are you serious? There is so much Doom/Doom 2 content to last us until Doom 2016...and well afterward once we've beaten the campaign 10 times and the multiplayer dies out.

My guess is that they feel enough info has been released, and now they only plan to have the beta before the game it's released