Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FLAW_88

Collectors Edition pre-order question

So I'm about to grab the Collectors Edition but trying to consider where to buy from considering shipping etc. Would ordering from a retailer in store provide a guarantee for day 1 pickup or does it not matter where or how you order? Because the Bethsoft store is saying it will ship on the 13 meaning anyone who does this won't receive it until like the 15 or 16..?

This will vary from store to store. You should check with wherever you're buying from before paying any money.

For what it's worth in my experience Amazon are really good at delivering pre-order games on the day (or before) so you can get into it at the same time as everyone else. Aside from them I think I've only preordered phsyical copies from Greenmangaming.

I've never pre-ordered a physical copy before and I want to pre-order Doom but I'm wondering how to make sure I get DVD9 and not BD discs since I'm on PC ?

I didn't find such option/info..

Another question, how big would it be ?
If it's gonna be in the 20GB's range then I don't mind a digital copy, but if it's +30GB then screw that am getting physical discs..

MiNaM said:

I've never pre-ordered a physical copy before and I want to pre-order Doom but I'm wondering how to make sure I get DVD9 and not BD discs since I'm on PC ?

I didn't find such option/info..

Another question, how big would it be ?
If it's gonna be in the 20GB's range then I don't mind a digital copy, but if it's +30GB then screw that am getting physical discs..

ID tech games usually take more hard drive space then other games so it's going to be over 30

The game will come on DVD, not Bluray. You will probably have to download a significant amount of content from Steam once you install though. Unless it comes on a shitload of discs like Doom 3 did.