Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Texture Extravaganza [COMMUNITY PROJECT] (CANCELLED - Check last post)

Doom14 said:

I already asked for 5, but I'm down for any early level really if the other guy wants it.

The number isn't relative to the map-slot. It's essentially your seed for the random texture selection.

On another note. My map is done:

It's designed to be somewhere between map01 and map04. Difficulty settings implemented, coop starts added.

Download the WAD from here: Clicky clicky!

The music is from Scythe2.wad - Map11. Please credit accordingly.

Thanks to everyone who watched while I streamed the mapping process. :)

Doom14 said:

I already asked for 5, but I'm down for any early level really if the other guy wants it.

Oh crap I'm blind sorry- I'll go for 6 then!

Dragonfly said:

The number isn't relative to the map-slot. It's essentially your seed for the random texture selection.

Oh, that's a lot less stressful.

Also rad map.

Dragonfly, the map looks delicious! When I get back later today, I will check does it taste good! :p

Walter, I am very sorry, but you can only use doortraks for doors. It would be considering kindof cheating to use them for something else. But your screenshot is cool, I like how you used the snake floor!

DoomLover234 said:

Don't be angry at me. I am home at about 5 pm CET.

You started a community project that requires specific instructions for any partipation and then became unavailable the first time a weekend comes along.

Unless this was an emergency, this really should have had some forethought. Taking the notecard with you? Saving the document on a notepad or dropbox or pastebin?

Its kind of really frustrating.

DoomLover234 said:

Walter, I am very sorry, but you can only use doortraks for doors. It would be considering kindof cheating to use them for something else. But your screenshot is cool, I like how you used the snake floor!

Thanks, i'll change that wall texture

Thanks for the compliments DoomLover234 & Doom14!

@AnonimVio - Thanks for the suggestion. I've gone for a berserk pack instead! I've overwritten the wad file for anyone who downloads it now. Same link as before!

TheMionicDonut said:

Ill take number 26

- ROCK4
- STUCCO3
- ZZZFACE4
- BRICK1

- RROCK03
- LAVA4
- CEIL1_3
- SLIME01

Kaminsky said:

Give me 20.

- CRATE3
- ZIMMER8
- NUKEDGE1
- PIPE4

- FLAT17
- FLAT5_2
- FWATER3
- MFLR8_4

Doom14 said:

I'll give it a shot too, even if only for a short level. I'd like 05 please.

- CRATINY
- BROWNPIP
- FIRELAV2
- GRAYVINE

- FLAT14
- FLOOR5_2
- RROCK12
- CEIL4_1

dobu gabu maru said:

Gimme slot 24. Gonna try and make a small arena with what I'm given.

- EXITSTON
- SP_DUDE7
- GRAY2
- SKSPINE2

- GATE1
- FLOOR4_8
- RROCK05
- LAVA3

FuzzballFox said:

Oh crap I'm blind sorry- I'll go for 6 then!

- MARBLOD1
- TEKLITE2
- MARBFACE
- STARG1

- SLIME15
- TLITE6_4
- RROCK08
- FLOOR5_3

ArmouredBlood said:

Sounds fun, I'll take 27

- WOOD4
- ZZWOLF6
- SP_FACE2
- PANEL1

- FLOOR6_1
- TLITE6_6
- RROCK18
- FLAT19

And there we have it!

Kaminsky said:

Do you think we can use custom sky textures for our maps or would that be against the rules?

Custom skies? Sure, since it's a sky texture. Also, I said sky transfers ARE permitted.

Making lazy progress... Ahhh

Spoiler

There will be two more arenas: one with chess style and labyrinth. Within 2000 or 3000 monsters as no restriction about difficulties.

Oh man my texture choice is dreeeeaaaaadful. It feels like 50 Shades all over again ;_; I'm really considering being cheap and using BIGDOOR5 for its SUPPORT3 section. Is that allowed or discouraged?

I tested out both joe's and Dragonfly's map.

Joe, your map is pretty tough; but it's really nice to play. I liked the tension you built up with needing to conserve ammo throughout the level so that you can survive. In the end, I missed two monsters, but who cares? I liked the map.

Dragonfly, your map is indeed tasty! I was stuck for ages trying to figure out what to do, and I realized I was playing it in -complevel 2 :p Nonetheless, a great map, brilliant use of textures and nice balance throughout.

What I noticed in both of you is that you both used DOORSTOP/DOORTRAK throughout (the most used word lol) your levels, not just for doors. And because of that, why not. I permit ANYONE to use door tracks throughout (yey) the level. Just don't spam it, it would look hideous.

EDIT:

dobu gabu maru said:

Oh man my texture choice is dreeeeaaaaadful. It feels like 50 Shades all over again ;_; I'm really considering being cheap and using BIGDOOR5 for its SUPPORT3 section. Is that allowed or discouraged?

It's allowed since it's clever usage of what you got, and that's the goal of this project!

DoomLover234 said:

EDIT: It's allowed since it's clever usage of what you got, and that's the goal of this project!

Cruel. I don't think it would save me at this point. I could abuse a door texture to better effect too, but I think I'll keep with the four I have.

dobu gabu maru said:

One brown wall that can only be used in halves. One gray wall with vines.
Fire wall. Comedy Crate Wall.
Two good brown flats. Two good blue flats.

Certainly not what I had hoped. Didn't even get any liquids.

I am curious what your opinion would be to have a custom palette for this? Something perhaps with a newer shade of green, or a nicer less saturated shade of blue?

I'd be happy to whip up a custom PLAYPAL for this if you'd be open to the idea!
EDIT:
Something like this- subtle changes.

All I did was give it a new blue, the green highlights, fixed the brown shades to rid them of that green tint and the golden shades.

Doom14 said:

Certainly not what I had hoped.

Oh yeah I was crossing my fingers I wouldn't get any crate textures... funny to see you got the worst one. At least BROWNPIP provides you with an alternative texture, which is kinda cool (the flat choice is unfortunately plain). Here's what I'm stuck with:

I'm glad the flats work together but three of my four textures are inferior versions their counterparts, and two of them aren't even 128 tall. I'm fine manually aligning textures in my map, but goddamn I got my work cut out for me here if I want to try and make this look pretty.

That's why I kinda feel like it's cheap using doors as additional textures choices, but man, having the wood and metal portions of the BIGDOORs would help tremendously here.

Thanks for the compliments DoomLover234! Sorry about the doorstop usage, I totally forgot while making the map. I am glad to see you lighten up the rule for those who didn't break it yet, haha!

Royal_Sir said:

who uses LITE3, seriously?

.... me :(

AD_79 said:

yes hi i'll roll the dice

25 please

PURPTEX1
PURPTEX2
PURPTEX3
PURPTEX4

PURPFLT1
PURPFLT2
PURPFLT3
PURPWATR

;)

dobu gabu maru said:

goddamn I got my work cut out for me here if I want to try and make this look pretty.

You aren't joking! Good luck..

Megalyth said:

I'll do 17.

- CRACKLE2
- NUKE24
- SHAWN2
- BRICK6

- FLAT22
- RROCK09
- FLAT5_8
- SFLR7_1

AD_79 said:

yes hi i'll roll the dice

25 please

- GSTFONT1
- SUPPORT2
- SPACEW4
- WOOD9

- RROCK11
- FLAT5
- FWATER3
- SLIME05

an_mutt said:

I'll probably regret everything about this but give me #30.

- ZZZFACE1
- ROCK5
- SILVER1
- BIGDOOR7
- BRICK1 since door is specified

- FWATER1
- FLOOR5_3
- SLIME15
- NUKAGE1