Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheDarkKnight

Is anyone else annoyed by lack of official news?

Plasma Gun said:

Are you serious? There is so much Doom/Doom 2 content to last us until Doom 2016...and well afterward once we've beaten the campaign 10 times and the multiplayer dies out.

I'm well aware of the metric fuckton of doom content out there. Been playing since the beginning. I'm just extremely excited for the new doom and I WANT IT NOWWWW

Yep.

Nearly all *interesting* news is leaks and stuff that ZeniBethesId keeps trying to remove and hide.

Which is to be expected. They want us to want it and not know every little detail before hand and not buy it (although we all got a hugely unexpected sneak peak by some sneaky bastard not too long ago ;)

There are tons of leaked news and stuff that can't be posted here cuz this breaks forum rules..

I still can't believe id software released the alpha this way with all those strings & stuff without their permission.. in my opinion, those are definitly easter eggs !

Who knows?? cuz no one was fired from the studio "yet"

MiNaM said:

There are tons of leaked news and stuff that can't be posted here cuz this breaks forum rules..

I still can't believe id software released the alpha this way with all those strings & stuff without their permission.. in my opinion, those are definitly easter eggs !

I think it was intentional tbh.

No, not really.

I remember waiting for Doom 3 to come out and wanting more info on the game. When the game did arrive, I found out that I knew virtually everything about the game and it made the game less exciting as a result (and it was my own fault).

I think I'd have been perfectly fine if all the official info we ever got was the E3 2015 gameplay demo and the 2015 trailer.
The E3 gameplay demo alone is such a massive treat to wet our appetites with and I find it far more generous a piece of information than anything Id released about Doom 3 when that was under development; The closest thing to something like that was the Alpha and it was a leaked!

I'm already regretting having seen the Baron of Hell (although it is certainly nice to know the big guy is in the game and looks recognizable).

I think they have covered enough for the single player. I want to see more about online.

CreamCheese said:

I think it was intentional tbh.

Some parts of the code has like a description that literally says in english: "this shit does bla bla bla.. & turning this on would bla bla bla..."

why the hell are they adding such description in pure english that could be accessed and read by a noob who barely knows how to use the fu** notepad !

I've searched myself for something like "hello there welcome to our code" & "hey, you shouldn't be here get the fu** out" lol :-/

I think the reason folks like me have been obsessively eating up every bit of content they give us about the game is because we've been waiting since 2008 and our patience has worn quite thin.

I don't mind the lack of info. I do mind the regurgitation of old info and pretending it's something new. Or perhaps just throwing it out there in case any doom fan following the progress hasn't seen it =/

No more alpha's... on the road to beta now.

What they said in January was probably true at that time... they likely were planning another alpha, though probably not anymore. With a little over 60 days until show time, I reckon we will see a beta end of march or mid april. After February's tremendous leaks of the cracked alpha content, I think that ruined anymore chances of that happening. Can't blame them, they go out of their way to do something nice, and certain folks decide to break all the rules and ruin it for everyone else.

This is why we can't have nice things.

to be fair, intentional or not those leaks got ID a LUDICROUS amount of positive feedback for the game and mostly everyone who had doubts regarding the quality of the game got the chance to quench them.

what's hilarious as shit, though, is that the most useful and perhaps interesting piece of info we got regarding the game in a long time didn't come from the already millions of me-too articles by millions of game journal websites out there going

"guys guys its fast"
"guys guys melee combat"
"guys guys snapmap"
"guys guys hugo played the game"
"guys guys theres a mod that makes rockets blow up in midair"
"guys guys hugo glory kills everything"

fuck that noise. all it took was but a handful of anons and random people in here who legitimately did better than most of these imbecilic retards in the marketing team who seem to think "muh glory kills" is THE focus of the game and THE key feature they think game revolves around. we got confirmation regarding classic enemies returning, features from classic ID games, in what ways will the game allow for faster gameplay and perhaps most importantly, the confirmation of actual mod tools available to players in the future, you fucking name it.

the leaks pretty much confirmed the rumors that ID was/is purposefully trying to hide or limit the amount of info they put out so as to let the press and audience out there more aware of the game without showing ~everything~ and leaving the actual good stuff under wraps, which only goes to show that theyve learned to be a bit more secretive about what stuff they let out unlike previous works. It's just that the marketing team is literally filled with autists and free-range dumbfucks.

Almonds said:

the leaks pretty much confirmed the rumors that ID was/is purposefully trying to hide or limit the amount of info they put out so as to let the press and audience out there more aware of the game without showing ~everything~ and leaving the actual good stuff under wraps

THIS IS A GOOD THING.

MrDeAD1313 said:

Although we all got a hugely unexpected sneak peak by some sneaky bastard not too long ago ;)

Hi.

Buckshot said:

Can't blame them, they go out of their way to do something nice, and certain folks decide to break all the rules and ruin it for everyone else.

You must be fun at parties.

Almonds said:

To be fair, intentional or not those leaks got ID a LUDICROUS amount of positive feedback for the game and mostly everyone who had doubts regarding the quality of the game got the chance to quench them.

what's hilarious as shit, though, is that the most useful and perhaps interesting piece of info we got regarding the game in a long time didn't come from the already millions of me-too articles by millions of game journal websites out there going

"guys guys its fast"
"guys guys melee combat"
"guys guys snapmap"
"guys guys hugo played the game"
"guys guys theres a mod that makes rockets blow up in midair"
"guys guys hugo glory kills everything"[/i]

fuck that noise. all it took was but a handful of anons and random people in here who legitimately did better than most of these imbecilic retards in the marketing team who seem to think "muh glory kills" is THE focus of the game and THE key feature they think game revolves around. we got confirmation regarding classic enemies returning, features from classic ID games, in what ways will the game allow for faster gameplay and perhaps most importantly, the confirmation of actual mod tools available to players in the future, you fucking name it.

the leaks pretty much confirmed the rumors that ID was/is purposefully trying to hide or limit the amount of info they put out so as to let the press and audience out there more aware of the game without showing ~everything~ and leaving the actual good stuff under wraps, which only goes to show that theyve learned to be a bit more secretive about what stuff they let out unlike previous works. It's just that the marketing team is literally filled with autists and free-range dumbfucks.

Faith in humanity: Restored. Couldn't have said it better.

MiNaM said:

I was fired yesterday /s

Anyway, I have A LOT of new info but ain't gonna share it cuz "Muh NDA muh DMCA fucking leakers are endangering the forums hur durr" crap and besides, not everyone wants to be spoiled by these things, it was stupid in some way but meh, at least we have new info and everyone seems to be quite "happy" about it.

Sorry for everything, just ban me or kill me already, I don't care, I'm just a depressive fuck with too much free time who wanted to be famous doing some useless shit.

MrDope said:

"Muh NDA muh DMCA fucking leakers are endangering the forums hur durr" crap

We're a privately run hobbyist internet site, the corporations can't touch us!

RAGE show almost everything in those trailers so I hope when Doom will be released there will be still stuff I haven't seen. Those mission trailers ruin a bit my experience, I was not discovering new stuff, it was like - I have seen it already those missions, locations. I would love to see new stuff, screens-shoots, story elements, game-play as long as there will be still more to see in game.

Buckshot said:

No more alpha's... on the road to beta now.

What they said in January was probably true at that time... they likely were planning another alpha, though probably not anymore. With a little over 60 days until show time, I reckon we will see a beta end of march or mid april. After February's tremendous leaks of the cracked alpha content, I think that ruined anymore chances of that happening. Can't blame them, they go out of their way to do something nice, and certain folks decide to break all the rules and ruin it for everyone else.

This is all true, especially the last line. Everyone who played the alpha agreed to the nda and now people are doubting the company and the final product. On top of it people are pissed off and pushing limits of what they should or should not say. If you couldn't stick to the agreement then everyone else shouldn't have to deal with the consequences. Another alpha would've been fun and I was looking forward to it. Hopefully we still get one though it's quite doubtful.

Does anyone else find it strange that the Wolfenstein pre-order folks basically only get to preview the game about a month before release?

I think it was mostly a marketing thing with the beta tbh.

And I don't know if they're really afraid to show it, but maybe trying to keep everyone who wants the game on the edge of their seats? Hope that's right anyway :)

MrDope said:

You must be fun at parties.

Probably not, no. And the likely reason I'm never invited to parties.

However, take into consideration that had the leaks potrayed stuff that, in the unlikely event, radically changes or isn't ever there in the final build... people are going to expect it regardless. Especially since it was plastered all over every major gaming site, and a lot of the folks that see that probably ignore the fact it's alpha, and will rage on if it comes out lacking anything they thought might be included based on a alpha build.

For example, I just saw an article showing a comparison in performance between AMD and NVIDIA gpu's in regards to the DOOM Alpha, where we can't base anything off anything yet as neither gpu has optimizations for the retail release of the game, nor is the alpha any state to make such a drastic assumption of what card will dominate at release. But, because it's all over, it'll give many the false impression that AMD will be the de facto card for DOOM, when ultimately that may entirely change upon release, and then it'll cause all that sort of non sense that follows.

Yes, in the scenario of the leak... that info seemed more helpful and intriguing than harmful at the time, but it's still risky to both the consumer and the developer to have people jump to conclusions solely based on a alpha.

Frankly I don't care if people want to discuss datamined information here, since Doomworld isn't a party to any NDA or whatever. I just don't want links to screenshots and harvested data and so forth, because those are copyright infringement which is actually something we have to be on the lookout for. But people are pretty much unable to keep these things separate and so it's easier on us to just tell people not to do either, so we don't have to go through everything with a fine toothed comb.

Buckshot said:

However, take into consideration that had the leaks potrayed stuff that, in the unlikely event, radically changes or isn't ever there in the final build... people are going to expect it regardless. Especially since it was plastered all over every major gaming site, and a lot of the folks that see that probably ignore the fact it's alpha, and will rage on if it comes out lacking anything they thought might be included based on a alpha build.

This is a huge thing that a lot of people forget. Just because something is referenced in the alpha code, or there is a model called IMPSE.mdl or something, does not guarantee that said thing will end up in the final game. You only have to look at alpha/beta leaks for other games to see this is the case. Hell, the amount of stuff that was in the Doom 3 alpha leak that didn't make it to final release was huge. Every single sound file in that alpha was replaced, for a start.

GoatLord said:

I think the reason folks like me have been obsessively eating up every bit of content they give us about the game is because we've been waiting since 2008 and our patience has worn quite thin.

This.

I honestly think the reason for the lack of news is because of the style of game they're going for. You can't really give away too much without just showing shit from the game that you're gonna see anyway. Like with what people are saying about when RAGE was pretty much shown in its entirety and ruined a good bit of the element of surprise. I think it would happen much easier for a game that's supposedly going full on old school run-and-gun style. That's just my thought on it. They really can't show anything we don't know about besides environments and demons at this point and I think with it being so close it's pointless. Besides, I think we've seen enough for the next 2 months

They could (and should) show us a video with them making a SP level within SnapMap. Then they play it for us. They claim you can make one in an hour ... now prove it!

^This is the only thing I can really think of that really should be shown off a bit more. Nothing on this since e3 that hasn't just totally recycled itself