Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
duh

Best players

one_Two said:

Can only really comment on zan duels, from playing for a few years and observing my top ten are:

01. Fluffles
02. Shadowforce
03. Rosking
04. Capo
05. Ivan
06. NRM (maybe I'm confused, is this skinlanen?)
07. Jwarrier
08. Nati
09. Water
10. Xaver

I've only beaten one person on this list :)

That EU bias though? Where's Bobby? Ammar? DemonSphere?? Even semi-inactive duelers like Jenova and Edd are potentially top 10 duelers and would still have realistic chances of beating at least half of these people you mentioned if they ever signed up in duel tournaments.

On a separate note, it'd be interesting to make some kind of CTF power ranking. It'd be a lengthy process though, as it should factor in significant things like tournament results over fleeting and more casual things like private CTF and scrims.

Soul Sucka said:

On a separate note, it'd be interesting to make some kind of CTF power ranking. It'd be a lengthy process though, as it should factor in significant things like tournament results over fleeting and more casual things like private CTF and scrims.

Isnt it obvious who are the top CTF players nowadays by looking at WDL results/demos and stats?

capodecima said:

Isnt it obvious who are the TOP players nowaday by looking at WDL results and stats?

It'd be better to make a separate ranking system for each port, seeing as they all have their own technicalities and differences. I'd personally try to help make a Zandronum one, since it's the community I am most familiar with.

Still apply my point, top WDL players can play p much every port about same. Then you have players like ammar, edd or mathayus which cant be overlooked but basically never played odamex much.

So what? If i wrote they "basically never played odamex", smarter ppl should understand its bcz they dont like it, or they could play, but oh well. lmao

One day Capo will provide something valuable to the forums. For now, the only "Best of" list he will be on is list of tournament, clan, and priv quitters.

capodecima said:

Still apply my point, top WDL players can play p much every port about same. Then you have players like ammar, edd or mathayus which cant be overlooked but basically never played odamex much.

Yeah, Ralphis surely can play ZD and Zan!

Jokes aside, but yeah, it's a shame none of the top UD dudes play ZanZan. I've seen Ralphis do sick things with the RL in the semifinals.

Its really shame. I cant live without it. LOL He dislike the movement. Also GJ on ignoring other players. Bones, KBlair, turSKA, DS etc all can play zan and zd too.

capodecima said:

top WDL players can play p much every port about same. Then you have players like DS, Bones or KBlair which cant be overlooked but basically never play ZD much.

Also who cares about ZD. It's dead anyway. Why you keep bringing it up?

The only dead MP ports I know of are CsDoom and Legacy. Zandronum has the most players but in terms of active DMs and Duels they're all relatively close, though obviously Zan still takes the lead.

They all play Doom so it doesn't matter to me honestly. As Soul said, for CTF (and imo, duels as well) the rankings should be on a port-by-port basis.

You still cant "gnaw through" there are actually ppl (better than you), which can play any port without any problem. Stay dumb lmao. Also why you keep voyeuring (not playing) on any port but ZD? :D

I do play Zan. Probably not as much as you whined on Oda though.

Doomkid said:

They all play Doom so it doesn't matter to me honestly. As Soul said, for CTF (and imo, duels as well) the rankings should be on a port-by-port basis.

I agree with that. It's kinda hard to compare a ZD runner to a Zan runner as the mechanics are a bit different (variation in terms of pace, faster spawns, etc)

Capo is now competing to be #1 on the "best shit-poster" list! Capo's opinions, much like his posting, are complete garbage though, so good contributions to the topic, thanks.

Decay said:

Capo is now competing to be #1 on the "best shit-poster" list!