Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
capodecima

The columbine massacre 17 years after

I remember when this happened and how every1 was shocked. Remember also how it was discused in doom community when it was player of doom involved in it.
I never cared much about this massacre happened i had even bad english read every articles and stuff but yesterday i just read everything about it, and after all i can say doom game was really little involved in whole the case.
But mainly i post here is i found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHRcF-pFGYI which is p new and where talk Klebolds mother. Its pretty sad how this day ruined whole her life in second. The whole interview is interesting with a lot of informations i was missing. (not only about the columbine case)

Idiotic parents made it about Doom, and video game violence. As well as media sensationalism, and censorship agendas from special interest groups, and the government.

This is a case of parents refusing to believe that their "precious little child" could be an absolute arsehole of the highest degree, so looked at something, anything to use as an excuse as to why little Timmy went and turned into a dickhead.
Fun fact: One of the Columbine shooters' parents blamed heavy metal music, and specifically Marylin Manson as corrupting her son.
Until some of his friends pointed out, he actually disliked Marylin Manson quite a bit.

They blamed everything for it: video games, heavy metal, drugs and satan and television. Marilyn manson was a big target because his lyrics apparently promoted the violence. Mortal Kombat 3, GoldenEye 007, EverQuest, Grand Theft Auto 3 and 4, Halo 3, Manhunt 1 and 2, Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, even Dance Dance Revolution have been blamed for killings. There's a whole list of this kind of thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_controversies

The truth is that sadly, mass shootings across the world and particularly school shootings in america are all too common. You can't keep blaming video games for it. Again another very sad wikipedia article with all USA school shootings: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States If you scroll down to the bottom of the list, literally just yesterday there was a school shooting by a 14 year old boy.

deadwolves said:

even Dance Dance Revolution have been blamed for killings.

Must be all those cheesy music that's making them crazy.

darknation said:

17 years later and dickheads are still making threads about it.

And on top of that, we still get new posters that regard those two cowards as heroes.

Csonicgo said:

And on top of that, we still get new posters that regard those two cowards as heroes.

Csonicgo said:

I once got into a huge argument with some goth girl about 10 years ago over this shit. I don't know where she is now but I hope she smartened up.

I found it shocking that those kids weren't actually loners that everyone picked on. They were shitheads, bullies, they thought they were badasses. Not who you'd expect to shoot up a school. One of them kept a journal designed to make them look sane, but wrote how they really felt in a secret journal. Just nuts. It's disappointing the negative effect their actions had on "weird" kids and violent video games.

GoatLord said:

I found it shocking that those kids weren't actually loners that everyone picked on. They were shitheads, bullies, they thought they were badasses. Not who you'd expect to shoot up a school. One of them kept a journal designed to make them look sane, but wrote how they really felt in a secret journal. Just nuts. It's disappointing the negative effect their actions had on "weird" kids and violent video games.

Either way, the archetype of a pathetic weak loser is fitting for school shooters. Everyone thinks they're a badass, until the day they actually meet one. There's no shortage of people in the world that won't think twice to hack people up. There's people that will do that, simply for not liking a person's face.

I used to get a lot of shit from my teachers in high school for wearing a black motorcycle jacket and liking metal (I never wore a trenchcoat). They thought I could have been like those assholes, which was really annoying. Nowadays, I see fucking Kim Kardashian wearing the same kind of jacket, as well as other everyday people. Same goes for the combat boots. Back in the day, I was ostracized by normal society for it.

I actually revisited a few documentaries on this last year. One of them had links to the individual home movies Eric and Dylan filmed. Surprisingly they get a lot of loving youtube comments from equally psychopathic kids. There were comments calling them martyrs and heroes. Kind of scary really. And there was a fair amount on the documentary too. People defend them for being bullied but truth is they weren't even bullied much to begin with. Eric was just a psychopath.

Interestingly it was after the parents took away their computers that the massacre was planned and executed. If anything Doom (and violent video games) helped them suppress and vent anger, not the other way around.

I remember one time me and my friends were talking about doom (This being around 2009, so I was in highschool), The teachers heard us and sent us all into detention for talking about "That horrid game"

Kontra Kommando said:

I used to get a lot of shit from my teachers in high school for wearing a black motorcycle jacket and liking metal (I never wore a trenchcoat). They thought I could have been like those assholes, which was really annoying. Nowadays, I see fucking Kim Kardashian wearing the same kind of jacket, as well as other everyday people. Same goes for the combat boots. Back in the day, I was ostracized by normal society for it.

Leather motorcycle jackets? Isn't that greasers territory right there? I don't see why you'd get shit for that. They must not be fans of the Fonz or James Dean.

Lizardcommando said:

Leather motorcycle jackets? Isn't that greasers territory right there? I don't see why you'd get shit for that. They must not be fans of the Fonz or James Dean.

Schools were a lot less accepting of homosexuality and queer fashion back then, is probably it. ;)

thedeadgmr said:

I remember one time me and my friends were talking about doom (This being around 2009, so I was in highschool), The teachers heard us and sent us all into detention for talking about "That horrid game"

What.

Columbine was literally 9 years prior, and you still got sent to detention for talking about a game?

Doomkid said:

Fact: no one was ever murdered til Video games were invented.

Fact: the first cavemen played Pong on that black Monolith.

Clonehunter said:

Those kids were gunning for an education.

I kinda like that one actually, my kind of tasteless and offensive/inappropriate.