Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Orchid87

Looking for the short E3 2002 trailer in good quality

I've looked for higher quality versions of early Doom 3 footage all over the place myself, and sadly I don't think any exist.

Kind of off topic, but is it bad that I actually love the empty, dreamlike quality of the environment in the birdman demo? It's how I'd imagine a modern version of Doom's abstract environments, except considerably darker -- a conglomerate of bits and pieces of real-world environments that has a sense of place, yet that doesn't actually resemble anything or make any logical sense when looked at as a whole.

Actually I couldn't find a 640x480 5 fps trailer myself anywhere on the Internet. I've dug out an old cover cd from a local pc games magazine and found it there. IMO if there is a low res 30 fps version and a high res 5 fps version then there should be a high res 30 fps one somewhere. Probably on one of those cover discs.

I like abstact places and "hell distorting our reality" idea too. It works with classic Doom really well. Although than Birdman demo is probably just a very early map with Quake 3 level detail.

Stupid me! I've just realized that all the footage in the trailer is from the Legacy movie. I have a hires version of that.

It looks to be mostly footage from the GeForce 3 demonstration that Apple did in Tokyo with John Carmack on stage (the first time that anything relating to the game had been shown publicly) and the DOOM 3 2002 E3 alpha that was shown that year, so you could look for those as well.