Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Decay

AeonDM - Finished!

This topic is for AeonDM. This is a spiritual sequel to Don't be a Bitch Last Man Standing. If you have played DBAB, you will automatically have an idea of what Aeon is aiming for in terms of layouts and detail layout. Smooth layouts, high detail, amusing easter eggs, and great game play making use of advanced port features (Zandronum and higher required) are the defining features we are aiming for once again.

The mapping process for this is fairly simple. We draft up a bunch of layouts and place dm starts only, get on teamspeak and play them in the LMS game mode to check out the flow, advantage points, bugs, etc. After we determine whether or not a map is good, someone details it.

As a result of most people being busy with school/jobs, progress is a little slower than desired, but hey we have fun doing it nonetheless. Download Teamspeak 3 if you want to chat with us @ 67.80.37.169, or IRC, in a variety of places. If you use esper.net, come to #mxu. If you use zanirc, come find people in #a3 or #deathmatch.

Download:Aeon DM
you might still need Eon weapons RC 5
Screenshot album of all the maps: http://imgur.com/a/oN6Xi

Current maplist:

Aeon01: Vanish - Decay
Aeon02: Solitaire - Razgriz
Aeon03: Echoes of Night - Dranzer
Aeon04: Techno-Junky - Decay
Aeon05: Swept Away - Razgriz
Aeon06: Havoc - Grymmoire
Aeon07: Haven - Combinebobnt
Aeon08: Assault Horizon - Razgriz
Aeon09: Hive - Grymmoire/Combinebobnt
Aeon10: Silo - Combinebobnt
Aeon11: Spiritual Awakening - Decay
Aeon12: Hong Kong Adventure - Combinebobnt/IvanDobrovski
Aeon13: Broken Hearts - Decay/Heavenwraith
Aeon14: Temple of the Warbird - Argentum
Aeon15: Space Warehouse Rumbles at Night - Dranzer/Decay
Aeon16: Breakthrough - Dranzer
Aeon17: Midnight Temple - Decay/Grymmoire
Aeon18: Urban Desolation - Ru5tK1ng
Aeon19: Wrong Number - Razgriz/Grymmoire
Aeon20: Quirk of Fate - Razgriz
Aeon21: Lava Laboratory - Razgriz
Aeon22: Decay and Conquered - Decay/Dynamo
Aeon23: At Least It's Not Vanilla - Grymmoire
Aeon24: Edrick's Citadel - Decay/Ru5tK1ng/IvanDobrovski
Aeon25: Internal Conflict - Dranzer
Aeon26: The Heliomancers of Orionis - Argentum
Aeon27: Zinbrooks - Jmagenet
Aeon28: Thingol's Cave - Decay
Aeon29: Intense Collision - Razgriz
Aeon30: Dusk to Dawn - Combinebobnt
Aeon31: Blind Corridor - Argentum/Razgriz
Aeon32: Uncapable Flight Operator - Dranzer/Combinebobnt
Aeon33: Prismatic - Decay/Razgriz/Combinebobnt/Argentum/Dranzer/Ru5tK1ng/Grymmoire

Updated the first post with progress. We have got a couple extra maps, and some detailing has been going on. Check out Beta 18.

Spoiler

Lovin' the use of bright colors in those pics, would love to get an early sneak peak match or two in if I'm ever on at the right time.

Zakurum those are some stellar shots and I'm definitely looking forward to the final product. You should post a "Before" set of screens!

Thanks Doomkid, and you know you're always welcome to join us and know where to find us (if not, contact info is up in the first post).

I'm lovin' the screenies I'm seeing so far. Looking forward to decorating the floors with my bodies.

Promotional screenshots inbound. Broken Hearts by Decay & me. This is my first detail job that involves moderate 3d floor usage. I have to say I really enjoyed working with the additional dimension that 3d floors had provided (albeit had to limit usage of them in order to prevent lag), gives more freedom to pull off hipster ideas.

Spoiler

Hey I am interested in making a DM map for this, of course I would need to balance time with work, but I would try my best to make the map playable.

Thanks for your interest; can you provide some work for me so I can see what you have to offer? After reviewing this I'll get back to you in private.

Decay said:

Thanks for your interest; can you provide some work for me so I can see what you have to offer? After reviewing this I'll get back to you in private.

I sent it too you in a Pm

We've been slowly but surely chipping away at the wad. The first post has been updated with a new maplist, new screenshots, and a new download link. Also posted are some new screenshots of the maps being worked on. Thanks to TeslaStormX, our local camera-man, we have a video to post to boot of a typical play session!

Spoiler

Sorry bob but I see misalignments in that very screenshot!!!!!!!!!! Not done go fix :(

Well bob, maybe. But no excuses.

We're in luck! Alexmax graciously supplied some NJ Funcrusher servers with the latest AeonDM paired with DBAB for some public and private Last Man Standing games! Check them out @ [NJ] FUNCRUSHER || AeonDM + DBAB LMS (Eon Weapons)50.116.50.115:10640

Is the beta ready for running in FFA as well? If so I'd be happy to host one, all the dmflags are now set properly on the NS servers.

Only a few maps have deathmatch items so far, mostly because most of the pack is still unfinished. I could make some magic happen for next update though, Doomkid.

Also with UDMF magic, skill 4 (UV) will be normal doom items and skill 5 (nightmare) will have the eon items.

Awesome, looking forward to the next update. Good idea with the option to switch between eon and normal pickups as well, will be interesting to see how they play on both settings

Way2go Bob.

To be clear, I told bob he couldn't put weapons in my maps (5/19) because I would prefer to do the weapon placement myself.

That being said, it will be done sooner rather than later for sure.

It's alright, there's no rush. Send me a PM when you have a version you'd like hosted for NS FFA and I'll be happy to, maybe we can get some frags in this weekend on it if you're ready by then.

I'll be looking forward to some frags this weekend on this map set :)

An update! We've been work very slowly but surely. Now we are up to 28 maps! I've updated the first post with the relevant downloads and new map titles. Here are some additional screens to gander at in the meantime.

Working with Ocarina of Time textures was fun. Aeon01: Spiritual Awakening

Spoiler

Dynamo has been chipping away at Aeon07 for me. No map title yet, but I think it looks great.
Spoiler

Bob proves he can't actually do good detailing. It's something for the oldschool lovers though. Aeon15: From Dusk to Dawn
Spoiler

Oh damn, nice use of those oot textures - screens look fantastic! Will have this on Doomshack soon for sure.

Yes some ppl waste their pretty detail ability making fake vanilla doom packs when that's my max skill in detail ;-( Thanks for the piss bricks though, finally a map where I get camouflage.

Also 4 new maps showed up out of nowhere and we aren't even done at that. gonna hit 32 for sure

Bam, we've been working away and have a new beta that finished a lot of things. B29 actually includes the finished 07 and a variety of fixes. We are also up to 30 maps now! As usual, the first post has been updated with relevant links.

Dranzer, who has never mapped before, has done pretty well I think. Here are 2 of his latest:

Aeon27: Internal Conflict

Spoiler

Aeon28: Echoes of Night
Spoiler

We also decided to work on a map altogether. Currently in layout phase, aeon32 has been worked on by 6 people for a total of 10 minutes and surprisingly the layout isn't too bad, though looks a little... strange at the moment.

Aeon32: This is Not Normal
Spoiler

At this point, we are still looking for contributors and DEFINITELY LOOKING FOR DETAILERS if you are interested let me know.