Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Young Conker

The hippy does kind of have a point, though. There's no way I'd let that orange abomination into my house, virtual or not, he'd probably leave behind some kind of evil poltergeist aids from all the shared crack needles he's been smoking. Oh well, at least the Ty remasters look like they'll be good, so it's not all over for the collecty animal platformers.

Clonehunter said:

You really love this long haired hippy guy complaining about things, don't you?

I love AoS and most things he complains about I can agree on from an objective standpoint.

> Conker games
> good

Pick one. "Very beloved", ahahaha.

hippy =/= metalhead

Also, good God that design is hideous. Why this? Why not the originally planned sequel with normal Conker? Where's Banjo Kazooie 3? Why is it so hard for them to make what people want, i.e. what would make them money?

Rare has turned into a shell of it's former self in recent years. Most of the developers who worked on the games everyone has known and loved from the NES-N64 days have long since left the company. Sad, but true. :(

Sodaholic said:

... Where's Banjo Kazooie 3?

that's how BK: Nuts & Bolts came to, apparently. executive meddling from Microsoft's part made the game into what it is now. watching gameplay from the game compared to the supposed BK3 trailer shows a rather huge tonal shift.

you're probably better off throwing money at the people making Yooka Laylee at this point. i haven't heard or seen one good thing from Rare in over a bloody decade. at this point, they might as well be dead.

Conker's gameplay was never as good as Banjo-Kazooie or Mario 64 anyways.

*violently murdered*

I theorize that Microsoft buying Rare was kind of intended as some sort of subliminal anti-Nintendo campaign from the start, well over a decade ago. The quality plummeted like a rock after the brand changed hands, and I don't feel like that was an accident.

Competition buying intellectual property with the express purpose of absolutely sabotaging it is not unheard of, though I was certain they were finished with that shit by now. (This is all just my tinfoil theory anyway but literally all the evidence points towards it)

The game looks kind of interesting and innovative in all honesty, but why butcher an old ass mostly-irrelevant IP for this? If they'd put in an original character, this would be like 10% less popular yet with 90% positive feedback. Dumb move after dumb move from these people, but oh well!

Sodaholic said:

Where's Banjo Kazooie 3?

Yooka-Laylee is doing just fine.

I could do without hearing, and definitely without seeing, this bearded jabroni ever again. Please stop making me look at him in threads

When I first saw that dudes channel I thought he was essentially going to be a "heavy metal JonTron" which woulda been pretty cool but he's just a ranter with a kinda annoying voice, pretty disappointing

Considering how awful that looks, one would think that it would be easy for you to find someone other than that guy (and others like him) to speak in your place?
He isn't someone one would want to be associated with, in any shape or form.

Conker is a much beloved property that has a huge following

I have only superficial knowledge of Conker, but please tell me I ain't the only one who feels like someone just desecrated something you always held in high value or always liked.

Glaice said:

I love AoS and most things he complains about I can agree on from an objective standpoint.

This.

Also yea new young Conker design looks like something you would throw in the garbage.

So they ruin a character which hasn't been in anything noteworthy for the past decade or so? Nothing of value even seems to be lost there.

When I compared the old Conker to younger, younger one looks like some sort drug addict.