Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zemini

Just weeks till Doomsday Eve!

So ... what are your plans that evening? I assume the game will unlock at midnight but there is still the anticipation/excitement the night before. I personally took Friday off from work so I can stay up and play it! Here are my activities:

Game(s) to play: Doom 64, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Perfected Doom 3.
Drink/Drug of Choice: Fine bottle of Red wine - Probably Cabernet or French Bordeaux.
Food: Undecided, but I will probably take the wife out to dinner before since I will not be seeing her most of the weekend.
Twitch Channel to watch: Day9 or a random Doom stream.
Movie: Doom, Army of Darkness, Event Horizon.

I won't have time for all of this, but I might just play the games, with the movie and streams in the background.

Lots of beer and lots of Doom! Few buddies are coming up that night and I took a vacation day for it lol plus I'm always off on weekends so I'm gonna have lots of time to play. Like you said, I'll probably take the lady and the lil one out Thursday for lunch and to a playground before work because I'm gonna be pretty wrapped up for those 3 days. So ready for May 13th

AirRaid said:

I dunno I might play the game some and then go to bed.

my god you're such a downer in every thread. cheer up a bit. Let the geeks geek out. I'm probably not even gonna play the game the eve of launch (unless I somehow buy a new PC between now and then, sure as fuck not buying it for console).

worst comes to worst I end up watching a let's play @ 60fps 1080p on my TV. All of which sound not too bad. I'm definitely gonna be OD'ing myself with some doom content the entire weekend. that's for sure

sleepii said:

my god you're such a downer in every thread. cheer up a bit. Let the geeks geek out. I'm probably not even gonna play the game the eve of launch (unless I somehow buy a new PC between now and then, sure as fuck not buying it for console).

worst comes to worst I end up watching a let's play @ 60fps 1080p on my TV. All of which sound not too bad. I'm definitely gonna be OD'ing myself with some doom content the entire weekend. that's for sure

I might play the game some and then go to bed :^)

Probably also play the beta too if it is still up. I might also take my first crack at Streaming my Doom levels for shits. I have never streamed before so I probably should begin researching now.

I have tendonosis in both of my wrists, so I still probably won't be able to play video games when DOOM releases. So I'll probably just smell the game case thoroughly and then cry myself to sleep.

ChickenOrBeef said:

I have tendonosis in both of my wrists, so I still probably won't be able to play video games when DOOM releases. So I'll probably just smell the game case thoroughly and then cry myself to sleep.

Hope you heal up and feel better soon buddy!

I'm pumped for this mighty DOOM occassion yessir, May can't come soon enough

ChickenOrBeef said:

Man that's harsh :/ Hope that gets better. I'll stream it for you so you can watch! ;)

Also I wasn't being a downer, that's probably how it'll go down. I have a 2 year old daughter and a life with other things in it than Doom.

If I wanted to be a Downer, I'd go play We Happy Few.

Mine is coming in the mail; I may just buy a second one but seeing as that's a Friday I'll be going to bed early Thursday and working all the next day. But come Friday afternoon I'm barely going to eat, sleep or shower. Hell, there's a strip club literally next door and I'd rather be inside playing Doom. Gives me something to do In the meantime though.

Gonna split my time up between SP and MP - don't wanna rush the campaign but I do want to get on quick and stomp some ass; it's the first game in quite some time that I'm a beast at MP.

Taking the 13th off work so I'll probably play it from start to finish beginning as soon as it's out. After I beat the SP I'll probably play the MP.

An old school friend is coming over with his gear to have a doom weekend.
He and I used to make wads ever since doom 2 came out. The Gf will provide
foods and drinks. It's written down in the agenda. We will get up ourself to pee.

I'm going to jump in my car. Race it to the store. Pick up my 2 copies of the game. Leave FAST. Go home FAST. Take my Dog for a quick walk. Go home. Turn off my telephone and basically say "Fuck you, world". Then I'm going to say to myself "The wait is finally over. .Doom is here!" and play the shit out of this game with a huge dumb smile on my face. No drugs/drinks/snacks needed. Doom will be my drug!

I probably won't buy the game until like, a year after it releases. To be honest, I don't often play any game for more than 10 minutes at a time these days. Unless it's Rondo of Blood.

After work i will pick up my girlfriend and then the collectors edition.
Then, go and buy some chocolate, beer and pizza. Then enjoy doom with my girlfriend :)

Group of friends and I are going to get together and play Doom. There will be beer, Pizza, heavy metal music, and maybe even a satanic ritual or two.

I always buy my self a very nice expensive bottle of wine with every major game release. I think for LotV (Starcraft2) I spent 240 dollars on one! I know a lot of people scream "That is a waste of money!" but when you are a big fucking wine snob like myself, you don't mind spending money on the really REALLY good stuff. Wine drinking is like my second hobby after video games after all.

ReFracture said:

Group of friends and I are going to get together and play Doom. There will be beer, Pizza, heavy metal music, and maybe even a satanic ritual or two.

Pretty much the same at my place :D

AirRaid said:

I dunno I might play the game some and then go to bed.

Pretty much the same.

No sense in rushing through it... usually I'll give a game a hour or two at a time on my first run through, to get some extended enjoyment out of it.

Rushing through books or games... I mean, the moment happens so infrequently with certain titles, try to make the magic of it being a new experience last as long as you can.

Because once you've completed it, you've seen all it has to offer by games end, and that shouldn't be something accomplished just to brag.

Def not gonna be rushing it, but will be enjoying it with some friends and some beers. I like to search the areas inside out before moving even out of the smallest section to make sure I didn't miss anything. Also going to be sure to beat the SP before heading into the MP so I don't spoil anything for myself :)

It's Doom. Gotta celebrate at least a little. This could very well be the last time we get an all new Doom release.

Looks like I bought a house ... can you guess the when it closes? That is right, the week of Doom. I told my wife I am not doing shit (in regards to moving) till I get my fill of Doom that weekend. Going to be interesting week...

Zemini said:

Looks like I bought a house ... can you guess the when it closes? That is right, the week of Doom. I told my wife I am not doing shit (in regards to moving) till I get my fill of Doom that weekend. Going to be interesting week...

Hahaha good luck with that man damn!

And congrats!

Didn't even realize the release date was a Friday, much less Friday the 13th.
I always work on Fridays and Saturdays, so I'll probably put in an hour or two of singleplayer Friday night, then come home Saturday and play all night/most of Sunday.
At some point I should probably take the wife out to dinner and maybe walk the dog?

wheresthebeef said:

Didn't even realize the release date was a Friday, much less Friday the 13th.
I always work on Fridays and Saturdays, so I'll probably put in an hour or two of singleplayer Friday night, then come home Saturday and play all night/most of Sunday.
At some point I should probably take the wife out to dinner and maybe walk the dog?

Neeeeeehhhh ;)