Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Superluigieth1

Ghostbusters New Movie Trailer

Meanwhile, the usual Tumblr/SJW crowd are calling it sexist/racist..

Glaice said:

Meanwhile, the usual Tumblr/SJW crowd are calling it sexist/racist..

What does AlphaOmegaSin have to say about it? I'm not going to know what I should think about this trailer until I've seen him angrily ranting about it in a far too long Youtube video.

EDIT: Never mind, I've answered my own question:

fraggle said:

What does AlphaOmegaSin have to say about it? I'm not going to know what I should think about this trailer until I've seen him angrily ranting about it in a far too long Youtube video.

EDIT: Never mind, I've answered my own question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMsDE3OFHuA

why would you do this?

because the truth about the SJWs must be known!!!!!

fraggle was banned for this post.

I thought it looks okay. I'm mostly just stoked for new Ghostbusters at all, and I'll reserve judgment until the movie's actually released.

The Internet seems to be angry that it's got an all female cast or something. Oh well.

It's going to do well but suffer from the same faults the new Star Wars did by being too much like the original.

The new cast is basically the same as the original except female. If they just get a redheaded secretary (male, of course) I would eat my hat.

Special effects have really made progress since the first two Ghostbusters; they could probably do a lot more on a smaller budget. I wouldn't mind if the movie was less comedic and had more of an action/horror component, while still not taking itself seriously.

I think it has a chance of being better than Ghostbusters II, but it won't live up to the original.

fraggle said:

because the truth about the SJWs must be known!!!!!

<sub><i>fraggle was banned for this post.</i></sub>

God rest ye, merry gentlemen.

Wasn't expecting much out of this thread but fraggle and Cyb delivered.

I'm no big GB fan (only ever saw the original last year) so I'm not too fussed about this. The childish tantrum over "SJWs" will probably prove to be funnier than the actual movie, though.

So uh, a good chunk of the original main cast of Ghostbusters was made up of comedians, and that shows in the level of quality and general fucks given by the actors in the original movie since they were allowed a lot of freedom with their lines, delivery, and generally were listened to when giving feedback. I can bet your ass that isn't the case with these folks. This seems like Alvin and the Chipmunks-level drivel-- it's just a bunch of references, which in itself is the pre-late-2000's equivalent of memes. Then again, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, maybe it's just trailers being trailers and making everything look shittier than it is.

At least it's not trying to unsuccessfully reboot a franchise like Robocop and Karate Kid did, but then again, it still cripplingly afraid of simply increasing a digit. Which is stupid, because if people are expected to not know what Ghostbusters 1-2 are, and people (hypothetically) like 3, then they won't watch 1-2 as quickly if 3 is not called 3 because they don't know there's anything other than 3. So that means they potentially won't start making as much money off of 1-2 as they could.

So why do they do this? My guess is to try to avoid direct comparison with the originals, but that in itself doesn't make sense since you're still making a sequel to the originals. But who knows how a bunch of exec nerds think.

Jaxxoon R said:

pre-late-2000

So, early 2000s?

I don't agree with that timeframe re: reference-tripping btw.

I vaguely remember some years ago about a battle for the rights of the Ghostbuster's license? Like Seth Rogan's group vs the traditional or someone else?

Anyway, the trailer seems to successfully capture the classic ghost buster special effects and has that sort of wacky humor going on about it. Setting stupid "ism" whining aside I do feel like that characters won't offer much quality in entertainment of likability beyond their apparent 2 dimensional characterization. I would of liked the traditional team or at least have it to follow the Star Wars sort of method where the old team recruits the new members so we can be eased into the new crew as opposed to straight out comparing them - and nostalgia already gives it a the upper hand. They better make this version amazing but from the looks of it that's not going to happen.

dethtoll said:

So, early 2000s?

No, all of the period of time before internet memes were literally everywhere.

There literally wasn't a single even remotely funny thing in the trailer. You can tell the writing and directing is absolute shit. Even worse is that, given its stars, it makes it look like women can't be funny.

Except, it WAS funny, and both the jokes and the visuals captured original Ghostbusters "vibe" pretty well IMO.

Really? Because "That's going to leave a mark" is a very old and quaint line. Everything felt forced, hackneyed and easy.

Jaxxoon R said:

So why do they do this? My guess is to try to avoid direct comparison with the originals, but that in itself doesn't make sense since you're still making a sequel to the originals. But who knows how a bunch of exec nerds think.

Greed would be my answer, since it would ride on the coattails of nostalgia, and it is quite easy to desecrate re-implement the plot with new cast and lore, all you gotta do is to "modernize" it.

But that's just another retarded theory of mine.

dethtoll said:

The childish tantrum over "SJWs" will probably prove to be funnier than the actual movie, though.

Every passing day I wish that internet would be cut off from these twats. Or give a nuclear bomb treatment to social media. Preferably, both.

Neutrino said:

Except, it WAS funny, and both the jokes and the visuals captured original Ghostbusters "vibe" pretty well IMO.

How old are you? Serious question. Because those jokes were lame, old and tired. They were probably the best ones,too, so the movie's humor must be cringworthy.

Humor is subjective but those cliche jokes and slapstick comedy cannot be considered funny unless you are on shrooms.

VGA said:

Humor is subjective but those cliche jokes and slapstick comedy cannot be considered funny unless you are on shrooms.

I'll tell you this, altered states of mind make stuff you thought was unfunny 10x less funny :-p

It doesn't look super awful or amazing, but I'd probably go watch it. I like the hearse angle for their ride.