Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jon

Want to submit something?

Submerge said:

dude, I'll finish it if it kills me...

LOL I hear you, Submerge. That's exactly how I feel about my level, at least the killing me part. I don't know why, but the more I work on it, the harder it gets to force myself to go one. If it keeps up at this rate, E1M4 may end up being my only level contribution to Freedoom, at least for a long while. Maybe by next summer I will have recovered enough to do another one, or at least Christmas, but at this rate, I just want it to be ovre with. By the way, I'm hoping to have this puppy done by the end of August (I head off to college then), but I really have no idea when it will be done at this point.

Would you like a level contributed to this project guys? I've got a bit of spare time at the moment and would be more than happy to.

nobbjob said:

Would you like a level contributed to this project guys? I've got a bit of spare time at the moment and would be more than happy to.

Yes, yes and yes. Check the progress page to see what maps are and aren't done or aren't currentely being worked on.

Anyone want me to do the graphics for the E3 "The End" sign? And if doing these, do I have to draw the letters by hand or can I use my paint program's text tool?

BTW, I was going to try and make some sounds for the keen/fish, but I discovered that somewhere along the line my microphone got broken, so I can't do any more sounds for now. ~_~
Just so you knew.

wow i just looked at the textures, and they are amazing.. I was orgionally going to ask to submit my map thats already done, but having looked at the project I think it'd be best to start work on my castle map which I have designed on paper and make use of these great textures.

Hopefully I'll get to do the castle map with this sky :)

http://freedoom.sourceforge.net/deutex/patches/sky1.gif

It will look great!

I have three midis if anybody wants 'em... (I don't :)

The Anonymous Tip-Off - HELLMOSH
The Anonymous Tip-Off - HELL
The Anonymous Tip-Off - KIDS IN AMERICA (PUNK COVER)

The Anonymous Tip-Off are my band, BTW.
As you can see, we are not very good at naming our own songs.

actually, maybe you shouldn't (I hadn't listened to them for so long, I forgot how bad they were). FREEDOOM ROCKS, by the way.

To the Freedoom masterminds:
I'm skilled at making death animations. I'll doctor yours up if you like.

Is there a chainsaw pickup sprite yet? I have one made but I don't even know how to upload. :P I think I made it a couple months ago for a defunt mod.

Kirby X said:

DING-DONG!

Does anyone ever hear of this? :P

That's not uploading. I meant uploading to the freedoom ftp you dingus. :P

Heh, I feel I should contribute and do something significant for once in my life. But I don't know what to do. :(

Why is there a hi-res textures section? Why not use the ones already made? Too different from the originals or somesuch?

EDIT: I just realized that the middle of Doom 2 is supposed to be in a city! Please tell me there's gonna be some kick-ass, Duke Nukem style levels!

I just reviewed the texture WAD, and there seems to be a a lotta stuff missin'. The Doom 1 skies, for example. Are you sure it's done?

While I'm here . . . are the levels supposed to be done under the general theme of the originals? i.e., Nuclear Plant should be a nuclear plant, Downtown should be in a city, etc.?

Finally, I think some quality control should definately be exercised. Once all of the slots get filled up, you should encourage people to try their hand at others. Just include the ones that didn't make the cut in an extra WAD. Sorry if I brought this thread kinda off-topic.

If by the "ones already made" you mean these ones, a lot of them are based on the original ID textures and therefore cannot be used in Freedoom.

Heh, looks like the Freedoom textures are based on the originals too. I assume you mean edited originals. If that's the case, pretty much only the wood and gstone textures are still like that. Check it out.

Oh, and look above your post. :)

Nope, none of the Freedoom textures are based on the originals, they're all remakes.

I have a few sounds I'd like to contribute, but I can't do FTP. :( So I need someone to upload them for me.

Grimm said:

I have a few sounds I'd like to contribute, but I can't do FTP. :( So I need someone to upload them for me.

Email them to me if its a problem.

Okay. I think you might be able to use one or two of them. Those empty spaces bugged me. :P Heh, anyway, feel free to replace them if something better comes up. I'm sure one will. :(

I think there's something wroung with the FTP server, can't log in there, got the url right, different protocal perhaps ? I try the drag and drop method but I only use mozzila since window explorer is a risk hazard. Is there any way to upload my textures ?

What are you talking about? I uploaded plenty of files to freedoom at that exact URL. How is it wrong?

because you can't get ftp access unless you go to ftp.vect.org, after connection then you can switch directorys and upload to the suggested folder. They never mention the URL to connect to.