Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

NDA end?

When does this non-disclosure nonsense end? When the beta starts, that is when it should end.

wheresthebeef said:

Sometime between May 13th and May 13th I hope
Sick of seeing all these leaks everywhere

Personally I'm sick of all the secrecy and obfuscation. Release some public info already. Put up some screenshots that say PLEASE DISTRIBUTE and not "We could possibly sue you if you use these in a way we don't approve." How about a simple list of monsters to expect, maybe not even 100% complete but enough to know simple stuff like whether or not the Possessed are something different than the Unwilling, or whether or not anything that looked like the imps in the E3 presentation still exists in the game or if it's been entirely replaced with the new purplish imp everywhere? You can't find real canon answers to these questions, only speculation and barely reliable leaks.

It got old after E3 last year, and it has really gotten older on me as Bethesda continues to release more and more press material which can be downloaded by organizations like wikia but not by sites like the one I am trying to run.

Probably never, technically.

Quasar said:

It got old after E3 last year, and it has really gotten older on me as Bethesda continues to release more and more press material which can be downloaded by organizations like wikia but not by sites like the one I am trying to run.

Have you actually tried contacting Bethesda to get on their list?

Linguica said:

Probably never, technically.
Have you actually tried contacting Bethesda to get on their list?

Looking for a public press contact address was the first thing I tried after E3, never could find anything. At this point it'd be a physical letter in the mail or a probably useless request to their generic inbox.

AirRaid said:

To be honest I submitted a request to their press address (which I found in seconds), and haven't had a reply in weeks.

Well that's the problem; AFAIK that's the same "contact" page they use for everything. Anything not handled by the minimum wage people they have sorting through it probably immediately goes to File 13.

What the hell, people? Internal stuff should be private and should have never been leaked by disobedient employees or ex-employees. It's up to id/Bethesda/Zenimax to decide how much media is safe to release. They don't want to produce a hype machine that results in disappointment (though to be honest I don't know how much negative impact does a no-hype policy have on sales).

What Quasar is saying can be worrying though. If they don't give hints on the monsters and other details, it means they have very little worth showing, or that the details don't matter much (it will be a simplistic game).

I personally any giving into the demands to remove the leaks was stupid. Bethesda and ID both have to know at this point it was a bad move to keep the game a gigantic secret and hope that was enough to make people love it automatically by the time it comes out.

It's two months from release date, you'd expect it to be so complete by now it's just waiting in a warehouse ready to be shipped to stores at any point practically. So why all the secrecy? That is a worrying thought because it implies they're either not proud of what they have or it's just generally simplistic gameplay that can be overlooked.

They hyped the everlivingFUCK out of Fallout, and now Doom...it's just an after thought, even by the games own development team seemingly. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about that especially when this very same thing happened to Fallout and in return, instead of copyright banhammering anyone posting anything leaked, they just used it to confirm what people had found as being legit. So for one game it was totally fine to do, but not for another? From the same company? I don't like that...

They're not keeping the game a "gigantic secret". The leaks from the alpha probably contained a mix of information and assets that are finished/unfinished, and in the final game/not in the final game. It's bad press for them for unfinished shit to be made public, and creates bad sentiment when people find out that Cool Monster X that they saw a reference to in some leak is not actually in the game.

StevieCybernetik said:

It's two months from release date, you'd expect it to be so complete by now it's just waiting in a warehouse ready to be shipped to stores at any point practically.

Are you for real? Most of the assets, core mechanics and shit will be done, they'll be polishing shaders, lighting, code, optimizing, debugging and QA testing now. You honestly reckon they're just sitting on a queue of things to be released to the public, laid back in their chairs feet on desk with a finished game? lmao

AirRaid said:

To be honest I submitted a request to their press address (which I found in seconds), and haven't had a reply in weeks.

I'd maybe try contacting Matt Grandstaff, he's the "community manager" so he's the guy in charge of spending his time on the official forums and on twitter.

DoomGuys_Rabbit said:

Are you for real? Most of the assets, core mechanics and shit will be done, they'll be polishing shaders, lighting, code, optimizing, debugging and QA testing now. You honestly reckon they're just sitting on a queue of things to be released to the public, laid back in their chairs feet on desk with a finished game? lmao

^This.

They're busier than they ever have been these final weeks upto release. Even when the retail build is released to steam and mass market, they'll still be crunching away at code for the onslaught of stuff that missed deadline to go into the first patch.

DoomGuys_Rabbit said:

Of course not, they have paid DLC to make!

I kid I kid, they have another month of polish before sending the game out, the last month before release will likely be further polish culminating in a day 1 patch.

its worth mentioning that the alpha NDA is not likely to officially end, but with the beta at the end of this month there is no NDA on that, which includes most of the alpha material plus a few extras, so go nuts on sharing the new beta gameplay if your heart desires.