Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HellVain

I wonder if the Unmaker will make a comeback...

Jellyman1303 said:

Maybe it will appear as a secret weapon.

i don't even think ID remembers it .

I doubt it, but I would be cool if it somehow made its way into the final version.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

i don't even think ID remembers it .

Remembered the captain's hand
Unmaker originally appeared in same document
Doom 4 looks overwhelmingly like Doom 64

Just wish they don't forget those Arachnotrons !
cuz there's no single trace of them..

Jaxxoon R said:

Remembered the captain's hand
Unmaker originally appeared in same document
Doom 4 looks overwhelmingly like Doom 64

lol DooM 4 looks like a cross between Quake 1 & 2 and DooM 64.

Played Quake 2 again and i gotta say...It matches the pace of the new doom..only very slightly faster.

I was just wondering about this the other day actually. The Unmaker is definitely one of my favorite Doom weapons. It would be cool to see it return as a hell exclusive weapon. Something you get late into the game, maybe 3/4 of the way through. Something a little extra to take down the toughest of bad guys. That would be awesome, and a great homage to Doom 64/the original Doom bible.

I never really got to fully realize the unmakers strengths. I never found all the artifacts, I think I may have found one before I got the unmaker but I had no idea what the significance of the weapon was because it had a wimpy sound and it didnt seem any more devastating than the plasma gun.

Locating the secret levels and find the hidden artifacts WITHIN those levels powered up the Unmaker and really added a lot of cleverness to the gameplay and overall layout of the maps. I sometimes feel like that aspect of the Doom experience has been shelved for the new game. It seems like a lot of people have forgotten that understanding how to beat each map involves more than just mastering the movement and combat.

Well, at least some demons are armed so I wouldn't be surprised if there's demon who drops some kind of weapon when you kill him.

That would be rad because, despite what you might have to say about Brutal Doom, being able to use the rev missiles or manc cannon was a really neat touch, something I wanted to see since I was a kid.

That would be cool if there were secret levels and you could get a secret weapon like this from them. It looks like they're really trying to go old-school with this shit here with the classic cover art and demons. Why stop there?

HellVain said:

why?

I think I already know the answer to that... :P