Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gameragodzilla

Any way I can port the RoE Double Barrel Shotgun into vanilla Doom 3? (RESOLVED)

Probably a very noobish question to people familiar with modding Doom 3, but after getting back into Doom 3 in anticipation of the new Doom, I've been trying to get the Double Barrel Shotgun from RoE into Doom 3 to no avail so far. I found a couple mods (specifically Absolute HD and Denton Enhanced Doom 3) that do add the Double Barrel Shotgun into the base game, but they also have graphical, gameplay and animation tweaks that I don't want. I just want to be able to port the DB Shotgun into the game and hopefully have it spawn normally in the maps during the campaign so I don't have to pull down the console to spawn it.

So is there any way I can do that? Thanks.

EDIT: I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING! The mod works perfectly now (for the most part). The gun toggles properly, the ammunition reserves are correct, the gun loads in the maps, the gun has proper HUD and PDA elements (outside of an extra "slot" on the gun bar). It works. Here's the final version for anyone who wants to try it out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp1e0i5f7l0c135/Doom%203%20Double%20Barrel%20Shotgun.zip?dl=0

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I thought this was for BFG Edition only. Or is it for vanilla Doom 3?

EDIT: So I'm trying to fiddle around with the mod files for Denton Enhanced Doom 3, but every time I try to just use the DB Shotgun files, I get a script error about "Unknown Value ejectBrass()" or something like that. What's up with that and how do I fix it?

EDIT2: Okay, I found this which let me spawn a DB shotgun into the world, but as soon as I pick it up, the game crashes. http://help.lockergnome.com/general/Double-Barrel-Shotgun-Doom-v1-Released--ftopict33605.html

Any way to get it to work?

spamclark15 said:

Do you have an example of a mod where this is working? We could just strip it down to what you're looking for.

Thanks.

Here are two mods where I've found it:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dentons-enhanced-doom3-v202/downloads/dentons-enhanced-doom3-v2021

http://www.moddb.com/mods/absolutehd

I JUST want the Double Barrel Shotgun and hopefully the modified maps that spawn them in the maps normally rather than pulling down the console to do so. I tried stripping it down, but whenever I did, I got a bunch of errors and such. I'm a noob at this stuff though, so if you guys can help me do it, it'd be a BIG help.

Also, I found this: http://www.gamefront.com/files/SEARCH/;3845922;;/fileinfo.html

which supposedly is just the DB Shotgun, but when I tried to spawn it in game, the game crashes. I assume either something is wrong with the files or it's not compatible with the fully patched version.

It's frustrating because the DB Shotgun was the best part of the expansions, so I want to put it into the base game as well, but I can't seem to without having a bunch of other mods and extras that screw up my other mods, especially the Phrozo Particle Effects mod.

I hope I gave enough information for you to help me. Thanks!

EDIT: Regarding the modified maps, I think the mods in question spawn the DB Shotgun in Administration with the dying marine the first time, then in Delta Labs 5 along with the normal shotgun after you return from Hell. If the maps could include them in the DB Shotgun only mod, it'd be cool. I don't know if it spawns in Hell anywhere, but it'd be nice to get it in Hell as well. I don't know how to fiddle around with maps, though.

Alright, the mod DMGUYDZ64 shared doesn't work because it's designed for use with the BFG edition which makes changes to a lot of files in the game and combines things together in such a way that it would never work with the original DOOM 3.

I'm currently looking into the mod you linked on GameFront.

Alright, that mod actually works perfectly for me. What version of DOOM 3 are you using (the number in the lower right of the game console.)

spamclark15 said:

Alright, the mod DMGUYDZ64 shared doesn't work because it's designed for use with the BFG edition which makes changes to a lot of files in the game and combines things together in such a way that it would never work with the original DOOM 3.

I'm currently looking into the mod you linked on GameFront.

Alright, that mod actually works perfectly for me. What version of DOOM 3 are you using (the number in the lower right of the game console.)

I'm using the Steam version patched to the latest patch (1.3.1). It always crashes for me, which is odd.

Is it due to Steam or due to the 1.3.1 patch?

I guess I could try to find my retail disk again if retail works.

EDIT: Retail doesn't work either. There were a few numbers after 1.3.1 when I checked the version. Are those relevant?

EDIT 2: The other mods work. The Denton Mod, for instance, does have the DB Shotgun and it's compatible with my version of the game. But it has an obnoxious bloom effect that I need to turn off and it isn't compatible at all with any of the other mods (it crashes if I try to use it in conjunction with the Phrozo Particle Effects mod) so if there's a way to extract the DB Shotty from that, it'd be cool.

There apparently is a DB Shotty standalone part of the Denton mod, but I tried to use that and it crashes for me as well.

gameragodzilla said:

Is it due to Steam or due to the 1.3.1 patch?

There not too many differences between steam and CD-Retail version, Only difference is probably that steam version is designed to get the CD Key right from your library (unlike CD-Retail version which gets it from doom3key file) .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

There not too many differences between steam and CD-Retail version, Only difference is probably that steam version is designed to get the CD Key right from your library (unlike CD-Retail version which gets it from doom3key file) .

Yeah, so it doesn't work for me for either. I always assumed it was only compatible with a previous version.

If the mod works for me, then I want to figure out why it doesn't work for you since it's exactly what you're asking for basically. I'm using 1.3.1302. What if we try renaming the file to like zzpak_sshotgun.pk4 to ensure that it gets loaded last? What error(s) is it producing when it crashes the game? It should show a console window if it crashes with information on what is wrong.

spamclark15 said:

If the mod works for me, then I want to figure out why it doesn't work for you since it's exactly what you're asking for basically. I'm using 1.3.1302. What if we try renaming the file to like zzpak_sshotgun.pk4 to ensure that it gets loaded last? What error(s) is it producing when it crashes the game? It should show a console window if it crashes with information on what is wrong.

Alright, putting zz after it to ensure it gets loaded last worked! I can spawn it and use it now, which is great! I first thought the issue was due to game versions but it seems like it just needed to be loaded in a specific order. Now that I did it, it's finally working! Thanks a lot!

However, the shotgun doesn't have a dedicated weapon button like the mods, which map it as the alternate 3 key like the expansion pack does.

Also, it doesn't seem like any of the particle effects mods affected that shotgun, which I guess makes sense, but I'd like to see it work with the other stuff as well.

Finally, would it be possible to extract the maps from the mods so the DB Shotgun spawns normally into the maps as opposed to needing to spawn it in via console?

EDIT: It seems like it's the Phrozo particle effects mod that's giving issues, because if I load it before the mod, the game crashes, but if I load it after, it loads fine. Is there a way to combine the mods or something?

EDIT 2: Okay, I just copied the map files from the Denton mod and they seem to spawn the Double Barrel Shotgun as normal and have no issues, so that's done. Now the only thing I really need is to map the DB Shotgun to the alternate 3 key (basically, if I hit the 3 key while holding the normal shotgun, I'd get the DB Shotgun and vis versa). If that happens, I should be fine. Now I would also like to have the DB Shotgun spawn in Hell (which the Denton mod doesn't do) and have the Phrozo particle effects happen with the DB Shotgun as well, but those aren't as necessary.

Thanks a ton for the help guys! I spent years trying to figure this out and it finally seems to be working.

gameragodzilla said:

Alright, putting zz after it to ensure it gets loaded last worked! I can spawn it and use it now, which is great! I first thought the issue was due to game versions but it seems like it just needed to be loaded in a specific order. Now that I did it, it's finally working! Thanks a lot!

However, the shotgun doesn't have a dedicated weapon button like the mods, which map it as the alternate 3 key like the expansion pack does.

Also, it doesn't seem like any of the particle effects mods affected that shotgun, which I guess makes sense, but I'd like to see it work with the other stuff as well.

Finally, would it be possible to extract the maps from the mods so the DB Shotgun spawns normally into the maps as opposed to needing to spawn it in via console?

EDIT: It seems like it's the Phrozo particle effects mod that's giving issues, because if I load it before the mod, the game crashes, but if I load it after, it loads fine. Is there a way to combine the mods or something?

The particle effects mod is not designed around the idea of the double barrel in the main game. Combining mods involves comparisons of the files for each mod and merging changes together on a file by file basis when files would overwrite each other (both mods containing the same file with the copy loaded last being the copy that's used) and stuff would probably need added for changing effects for a weapon that's not normally in the main game.

You can try pulling the maps out of one of the other mods. PK4 files are just ZIP files so opening one and copying the 'maps' folder to a new PK4 or just to the root of the base folder might work. The alternative is just bind a key for this:

bind x give weapon_shotgun_double (or desired key if not x)

I don't know what the command would be to equip the double barrel since a lot of actions are _impulseXX and the expansion implemented this by having the key bound for the shotgun also equip the super shotgun, an internal double bind essentially (otherwise you could bind it to a key.)

spamclark15 said:

The particle effects mod is not designed around the idea of the double barrel in the main game. Combining mods involves comparisons of the files for each mod and merging changes together on a file by file basis when files would overwrite each other (both mods containing the same file with the copy loaded last being the copy that's used) and stuff would probably need added for changing effects for a weapon that's not normally in the main game.

You can try pulling the maps out of one of the other mods. PK4 files are just ZIP files so opening one and copying the 'maps' folder to a new PK4 or just to the root of the base folder might work. The alternative is just bind a key for this:

bind x give weapon_shotgun_double (or desired key if not x)

I don't know what the command would be to equip the double barrel since a lot of actions are _impulseXX and the expansion implemented this by having the key bound for the shotgun also equip the super shotgun, an internal double bind essentially (otherwise you could bind it to a key.)

As stated in the edit I made, extracting the maps from the Denton mod seems to work fine. So the only thing I want is to get the shotgun to switch correctly on the 3 key. The Denton mod seems to work, but if I try to extract the player.def file from that, it just screws up weapon placement instead of actually switching guns around on one key.

The Phrozo pack and spawning the shotgun in Hell is something I would like to see but it's not that important. It's still a DB Shotgun even if it doesn't have all the extra particle effects the other weapons or the DB Shotgun in RoE has. Though if I could figure out a way to port the Phrozo effects from RoE into the base game for the Shotgun, that'd be cool. That's way outside of my ability though.

Anyways, thanks a lot for this help. It's very much appreciated.

EDIT: I wonder if it would be possible to just take the normal Hell map and replace one of the normal shotguns spawned in the map with the DB Shotgun. I would like to add it to the map, but I don't know how to use mapping tools in Doom 3.

EDTI 2: Argh, every time I try to modify the impulse stuff, it just pushes every weapon up a notch instead of actually toggling between them. Like if I try to to weapon toggle, I'd end up setting the DB Shotgun at 4, the machinegun at 5 etc.

How does this work?

EDIT 3: Well apparently importing the DB Shotgun script from the RoE Phrozo got the Phrozo effects to work for this one, so I'm actually happy with it now. Now the only major issue is trying to get it to toggle between it and the normal shotgun at key 3, because it refuses to do that no matter what I do. It would also be nice to spawn it in Hell somewhere because I lose all my weapons there, but that's relatively minor.

EDIT 4: And a simple replacement of some shotguns to double barrel shotguns in the Hell level let me spawn a DB Shotgun normally into the map. It was absurdly easy, just a simple tweak with notepad.

So at this point, I have managed to implement literally everything I want regarding the Double Barrel Shotgun EXCEPT how to get it to switch on the 3 key, which was the biggest thing that needed tweaking in the first place. Once I get this resolved, I'll have the perfect implementation of the DB Shotgun for my purposes.

Please help! Thanks!

Don't know if this counts as a double post but here's what I have so far: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fgpscg3h39yvqfg/AAAfhwCuJEnqqcPJgtk0I5L6a?dl=0

It's a modified version of the mod on Gamefront where I managed to add the DB shotgun to the Administration, Hell, and Delta Labs 5 levels and I included a version that is compatible with Phrozo.

If anyone can help me get the weapon toggling to work properly and just swap between the normal shotgun on the 3 key, it'd be very appreciated as I can't seem to get it to work and as a result, the only way to actually select this gun at the moment is to scroll into it.

gameragodzilla said:

Don't know if this counts as a double post but here's what I have so far: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fgpscg3h39yvqfg/AAAfhwCuJEnqqcPJgtk0I5L6a?dl=0

It's a modified version of the mod on Gamefront where I managed to add the DB shotgun to the Administration, Hell, and Delta Labs 5 levels and I included a version that is compatible with Phrozo.

If anyone can help me get the weapon toggling to work properly and just swap between the normal shotgun on the 3 key, it'd be very appreciated as I can't seem to get it to work and as a result, the only way to actually select this gun at the moment is to scroll into it.

I think you know a lot more than I do about it now. I've never worked on maps in the editor or anything like that, just copying things around and replacing files and a little bit of working with def and script files that the game already has. You might find a modder who has worked on a large mod like The Dark Mod and ask them as they would be most likely to know the process of implementing a new weapon.

spamclark15 said:

I think you know a lot more than I do about it now. I've never worked on maps in the editor or anything like that, just copying things around and replacing files and a little bit of working with def and script files that the game already has. You might find a modder who has worked on a large mod like The Dark Mod and ask them as they would be most likely to know the process of implementing a new weapon.

I didn't either. I just opened the map file in Notepad and changed several instances of "weapon_shotgun" to "weapon_shotgun_double" and that seemed to do the trick.

You know anyone I can talk to? Who's the guy who did that Alpha Shotgun mod? He seems to know what he's doing. You think he can help me with this issue? Literally the weapon toggle thing is the last thing I need to get this mod working as perfectly as I want it to, and for the love of me I can't get it to work properly.

Thanks for the help, though. Much appreciated.

gameragodzilla said:

I didn't either. I just opened the map file in Notepad and changed several instances of "weapon_shotgun" to "weapon_shotgun_double" and that seemed to do the trick.

You know anyone I can talk to? Who's the guy who did that Alpha Shotgun mod? He seems to know what he's doing. You think he can help me with this issue? Literally the weapon toggle thing is the last thing I need to get this mod working as perfectly as I want it to, and for the love of me I can't get it to work properly.

Thanks for the help, though. Much appreciated.

The alpha shotgun mod is the combined efforts of 2 people (I'm not one of them as I'm basically just sharing it with everyone) and doesn't involve any of the game's code but rather replacement of meshes. I don't know anyone in specific but a person who has done a mod that makes a similar type of change, such as adding a new weapon, or has worked on a total conversion like Hexen Edge of Chaos or The Dark Mod where a great deal of scripting work has been done would be ideal if you could find them. I'm not sure where the player actions are actually defined, not in terms of what they look like but rather how key binds refer to them, but it's likely in a DEF file, a SCRIPT file, or most likely in the game source itself. The way RoE has the shotgun selection key bound to both shotguns is not understood by me but may be part of the source code for the game that is used to build the game's DLL (gamex86.dll). If you want to dig around in the source code, you can find it here:

https://github.com/TTimo/doom3.gpl/tree/master/neo

The "d3xp" folder will contain game code for the expansion.

spamclark15 said:

The alpha shotgun mod is the combined efforts of 2 people (I'm not one of them as I'm basically just sharing it with everyone) and doesn't involve any of the game's code but rather replacement of meshes. I don't know anyone in specific but a person who has done a mod that makes a similar type of change, such as adding a new weapon, or has worked on a total conversion like Hexen Edge of Chaos or The Dark Mod where a great deal of scripting work has been done would be ideal if you could find them. I'm not sure where the player actions are actually defined, not in terms of what they look like but rather how key binds refer to them, but it's likely in a def file, a script file, or potentially in the game source itself. The way RoE has the shotgun bound to both shotguns is not understood by me.

Well thanks anyways for the help. I know it's in the player.def because the Denton mod implemented switching just fine and that had the weapontoggle code in the player.def file. However, for some reason I can't seem to get it to work with this mod. I even tried just importing the player.def file from Denton, but that still doesn't work, so it's clearly also in some other place.

I don't know anyone specific though, as my experience with the modding community is quite low, so do you know anyone specific I could talk to? Either here or in some other place? Thanks.

gameragodzilla said:

Well thanks anyways for the help. I know it's in the player.def because the Denton mod implemented switching just fine and that had the weapontoggle code in the player.def file. However, for some reason I can't seem to get it to work with this mod. I even tried just importing the player.def file from Denton, but that still doesn't work, so it's clearly also in some other place.

I don't know anyone specific though, as my experience with the modding community is quite low, so do you know anyone specific I could talk to? Either here or in some other place? Thanks.

You might try getting in touch with the developers of these mods. If the Denton mod has it, then if you can get ahold of the developer they could probably explain it.

spamclark15 said:

You might try getting in touch with the developers of these mods. If the Denton mod has it, then if you can get ahold of the developer they could probably explain it.

The Denton mod seems to be a re-release of a mod from 2007, so I'm not sure how easily I can get in contact with the person who made it. :\

EDIT: Is it possible the code requires some kind of DLL to work? The Denton mod seems to have some kind of DLL, but I'm not sure how it works.

EDIT 2: Trying to add the Denton mod DLL stuff into the folder didn't work.

EDIT 3: Okay, this definitely has something to do with the gamex86.dll file. I managed to briefly get the Double Barrel Shotgun weapon toggle to work correctly by using some of the Denton DLL stuff, but it screws up my particle effects. Like there's no particle effects at all because I assume the gamex86.dll file isn't compatible.

Well now what do I do? I have no idea how to actually mod the .dll file in any way to get it to suit my purposes. What am I supposed to do?

EDIT 4: Welp, experimenting with the Denton mod managed to get the toggle working correctly, but it screws up the particle effects, decals, and gameplay (not a fan of all the gameplay changes the Denton mod did, hence why I didn't use the mod in the first place). Does anyone here know how to edit gamex86.dll files? I just want a dll file that can allow for weapon toggles. Nothing else. All the bloom effects, particle changes, or gameplay changes of the Denton mod, I don't want. I just want toggles to work, but modifying this file is way beyond my ability.

I know for sure, or at least 99% sure that it is the gamex86.dll file that's the source of my issues. It needs to be modified to allow for proper weapon toggles. Anyone here know how to edit that file?

gameragodzilla said:

The Denton mod seems to be a re-release of a mod from 2007, so I'm not sure how easily I can get in contact with the person who made it. :\

EDIT: Is it possible the code requires some kind of DLL to work? The Denton mod seems to have some kind of DLL, but I'm not sure how it works.

EDIT 2: Trying to add the Denton mod DLL stuff into the folder didn't work.

EDIT 3: Okay, this definitely has something to do with the gamex86.dll file. I managed to briefly get the Double Barrel Shotgun weapon toggle to work correctly by using some of the Denton DLL stuff, but it screws up my particle effects. Like there's no particle effects at all because I assume the gamex86.dll file isn't compatible.

Well now what do I do? I have no idea how to actually mod the .dll file in any way to get it to suit my purposes. What am I supposed to do?

EDIT 4: Welp, experimenting with the Denton mod managed to get the toggle working correctly, but it screws up the particle effects, decals, and gameplay (not a fan of all the gameplay changes the Denton mod did, hence why I didn't use the mod in the first place). Does anyone here know how to edit gamex86.dll files? I just want a dll file that can allow for weapon toggles. Nothing else. All the bloom effects, particle changes, or gameplay changes of the Denton mod, I don't want. I just want toggles to work, but modifying this file is way beyond my ability.

I know for sure, or at least 99% sure that it is the gamex86.dll file that's the source of my issues. It needs to be modified to allow for proper weapon toggles. Anyone here know how to edit that file?

You need the DOOM 3 SDK. https://www.iddevnet.com/doom3/

There is some information on this site about modifying the SDK code for mods.

https://www.iddevnet.com/doom3/code.php For example.

Since id's FTP doesn't seem to work anymore, you should be able to download it from here:

http://www.ausgamers.com/files/download/16754/doom-3-sdk-v13-win32

I haven't worked with it but a version of Microsoft Visual C++ Express should be able to build it on Windows. There's a Linux version of the SDK as well but it sounds like you're using Windows.

spamclark15 said:

You need the DOOM 3 SDK. https://www.iddevnet.com/doom3/

There is some information on this site about modifying the SDK code for mods.

https://www.iddevnet.com/doom3/code.php For example.

Since id's FTP doesn't seem to work anymore, you should be able to download it from here:

http://www.ausgamers.com/files/download/16754/doom-3-sdk-v13-win32

I haven't worked with it but a version of Microsoft Visual C++ Express should be able to build it on Windows. There's a Linux version of the SDK as well but it sounds like you're using Windows.

Okay... Wow, I'm not sure if my coding skills are capable of actually using it properly. You know anyone who can help me? Have you ever worked with it? How hard is it to use for a noob like me?

gameragodzilla said:

Okay... Wow, I'm not sure if my coding skills are capable of actually using it properly. You know anyone who can help me? Have you ever worked with it? How hard is it to use for a noob like me?

The first step is being able to build the code. I haven't tinkered with any of DOOM 3's game code before. Unfortunately the mod scene for DOOM 3 is pretty tiny precisely because the mods can require so much work unless you're just swapping out art/sounds/meshes/changing behavior through DEF files and SCRIPT files. Once you can build it, then it's a matter of finding what needs to be tinkered with. I really don't know of anybody unfortunately.

spamclark15 said:

The first step is being able to build the code. I haven't tinkered with any of DOOM 3's game code before. Unfortunately the mod scene for DOOM 3 is pretty tiny precisely because the mods can require so much work unless you're just swapping out art/sounds/meshes/changing behavior through DEF files and SCRIPT files. Once you can build it, then it's a matter of finding what needs to be tinkered with. I really don't know of anybody unfortunately.

Man if only Doom3World was still around. I found a forum that's apparently a successor to that but it seems the community is pretty small. Still haven't gotten a response.

Do you know any resources at least that I can look at? I'm sure the coding part shouldn't be too bad as I just need to grab the relevant toggle code from either the RoE DLL or Denton DLL to work, but I have no idea how to even access the code in order to copy and compile it in the first place. It's not as simple as opening the relevant files with a pk4 viewer, editing the relevant files in Notepad, and testing in game like what I did usually.

Thanks for the help anyways, though.

EDIT: Is there a way to bind toggles in the Doom config? Probably a stretch but can I just bind two things directly in the bind "3" line of the config to have it switch between them or is that impossible?

gameragodzilla said:

Man if only Doom3World was still around. I found a forum that's apparently a successor to that but it seems the community is pretty small. Still haven't gotten a response.

Do you know any resources at least that I can look at? I'm sure the coding part shouldn't be too bad as I just need to grab the relevant toggle code from either the RoE DLL or Denton DLL to work, but I have no idea how to even access the code in order to copy and compile it in the first place. It's not as simple as opening the relevant files with a pk4 viewer, editing the relevant files in Notepad, and testing in game like what I did usually.

Thanks for the help anyways, though.

EDIT: Is there a way to bind toggles in the Doom config? Probably a stretch but can I just bind two things directly in the bind "3" line of the config to have it switch between them or is that impossible?

I actually wondered about double binds myself. It sounds like it would have to be done as an alias rather than what id games used to support where you could just separate the parts of a bind with semicolons. Quake II for example if you wanted to, you could do like bind 6 "use Grenade Launcher; use Grenades". The DOOM 3 SDK I shared with you has the source for both the main game's DLL and the expansion DLL (under 'd3xp' folder). The best I can advise is looking through the expansion code in the SDK and locating where this is set up.

spamclark15 said:

I actually wondered about double binds myself. It sounds like it would have to be done as an alias rather than what id games used to support where you could just separate the parts of a bind with semicolons. Quake II for example if you wanted to, you could do like bind 6 "use Grenade Launcher; use Grenades". The DOOM 3 SDK I shared with you has the source for both the main game's DLL and the expansion DLL (under 'd3xp' folder). The best I can advise is looking through the expansion code in the SDK and locating where this is set up.

Well I'm sure the Denton code has that as well. In fact, I briefly managed to get toggles working by screwing around with the Denton DLL but the decals glitched up (they won't show up at all) so I'm sure the code is useable in there. My main issue right now is actually being able to access the code in the first place. To be able to see what's inside and delete/write things as needed. I could do that with defs and scripte via the pk4 viewer but I have no idea how to open DLLs in order to view the code in the first place, much less modify it for my purposes.

gameragodzilla said:

Well I'm sure the Denton code has that as well. In fact, I briefly managed to get toggles working by screwing around with the Denton DLL but the decals glitched up (they won't show up at all) so I'm sure the code is useable in there. My main issue right now is actually being able to access the code in the first place. To be able to see what's inside and delete/write things as needed. I could do that with defs and scripte via the pk4 viewer but I have no idea how to open DLLs in order to view the code in the first place, much less modify it for my purposes.

You can't. They're binaries. They need to be built from the SDK source.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dentons-enhanced-doom3-v202/downloads/dentons-enhanced-doom3-v202-source-code

spamclark15 said:

You can't. They're binaries. They need to be built from the SDK source.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dentons-enhanced-doom3-v202/downloads/dentons-enhanced-doom3-v202-source-code

Huh, okay then. So how do I use the source code then? What program do I use to program it? I already downloaded the SDK but I don't think I can actually "open" anything with it

EDIT: I'm trying to build it with Visual Studio but I keep getting a bunch of errors.

http://imgur.com/drT4rmL

What do I do?

gameragodzilla said:

Huh, okay then. So how do I use the source code then? What program do I use to program it? I already downloaded the SDK but I don't think I can actually "open" anything with it

EDIT: I'm trying to build it with Visual Studio but I keep getting a bunch of errors.

http://imgur.com/drT4rmL

What do I do?

Are you able to build just the unaltered DOOM 3 SDK?

spamclark15 said:

Are you able to build just the unaltered DOOM 3 SDK?

Nope. I get the same errors.

EDIT: According to the id Tech forums, it's due to me using the 2015 version of Visual Studio and I should use 2013. Lemme get back to you on that.

EDIT 2: And I'm getting this error instead: http://imgur.com/XUv7aUz

ARGH!