Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thesecondcomingdoom

floors which deal damage help

we know these deal damage, right?. would there be a way to change that damage amount? because we only have %-2 and %-6 and %-10 %-5 %-20

and there is a healing one. how would i replace the %-10 one with healing?

If you were mapping for ZDoom and made your map in (preferably) UDMF map format, you could use Sector_SetDamage linedef/ACS function to make a sector damaging as much as you wish. There is also a "Healing Sector" sector type with a hardcoded healing amount 1 unit per second, I don't think you can change that amount, but you might find a workaround by using an ACS script with HealThing applied on the player when he steps into a specific sector and stop applying when he leaves it.

Or use the "Actor hits floor" thing and set the effect right in the thing properties if your map Format is ZDoom (Whatever in whatever format) or UDMF .

scifista42 said:

If you were mapping for ZDoom and made your map in (preferably) UDMF map format, you could use Sector_SetDamage

In UDMF you can edit all sector damage properties directly.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Sector#UDMF_properties
Scroll to the bottom of the table: damageamount, damagetype, damageinterval, leakiness, damageterraineffect, and damagehazard.

Wrong. If you set damageamount to a negative value it will create a healing sector.

That's awesome (I see this is "new from ZDoom 2.8.1" on the wiki) - so the OP should know everything he wanted now, arbitrarily damaging or healing sectors can be created simply by editing "damageamount" sector property in UDMF.

You can switch to Vanilla GZDoom UDMF Universal Map Format Format, then change sector damage properties as desired.

Spoiler

Srsly, there are ZERO reasons to make maps for (G)ZDoom using Doom map format

MaxED said:

You can switch to Vanilla GZDoom UDMF Universal Map Format Format, then change sector damage properties as desired.

Spoiler

Srsly, there are ZERO reasons to make maps for (G)ZDoom using Doom map format

:( so there are no ways to change the damage with something like a lump in slade3 that has all these damage definitions put and you can edit them?

well, i'll get over it.

thesecondcomingdoom said:

:( so there are no ways to change the damage with something like a lump in slade3 that has all these damage definitions put and you can edit them?

well, i'll get over it.

If that's really how you want to do it, you can use the TERRAIN lump to create terrain types that deal damage, and associate them to specific flat textures.

But it's a separate mechanism from sector types; so don't put a sector damage type on a sector with a texture that in itself also causes damage.

More explanations on the different ways a sector can hurt you on the ZDoom wiki.

Gez said:

If that's really how you want to do it, you can use the TERRAIN lump to create terrain types that deal damage, and associate them to specific flat textures.

But it's a separate mechanism from sector types; so don't put a sector damage type on a sector with a texture that in itself also causes damage.

More explanations on the different ways a sector can hurt you on the ZDoom wiki.

Thanks a lot!

I have one question, and sorry for double-post

Is there any healing damagetype anyways, heres what i did

terrain acid
{
splash SlimeSplash
damagetype "Drowning"
damageamount 1
footclip 30
damagetimemask 1
}

floor nukage1 acid