Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Doommer

What Do We Want From Doom IV ?

Lets discuss about what Doom IV should have from your opinion ?

Weapons
Monsters
Items
Similarity To Previous Doom Games

etc

For example what are we gonna want from BFG9000 ?

I want it to be new and fun. I want snapmap to be good and useful. I want it to be relevant for a decent amount of time if it actually is good (which I'm sure it will be) :)

The Doommer said:

I just want it to blow shit up.

Plus it is not Doom 4 anymore, that was a different game.

I want it to have tight controls, variable pacing (as fast or as slow as I want it to be), interesting environments, engaging combat, strong mod community and a good depiction of Hell.

I want this game to have absolutely psychotic moments, that would be awesome. I would also love for this game to be really popular, possibly even the mythical cod killer

The Doommer said:

Lets discuss about what Doom IV should have from your opinion ?

Weapons
Monsters
Items
Similarity To Previous Doom Games

etc

Weapons: I'd like to see a slightly faster rate of fire on the chaingun.

Monsters: the cyberdemon should be less hunched and thinner and monsters shouldn't drop ammo and health, items should be scattered throughout the level.

Other stuff: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-2016-general/86267-helmet-reflection-effect/

I want more than 4 players allowed in snap-map, other than that I'm cool with the way things are I don't really need anything else. Maybe the shotguns having great range in multiplayer?

Snapmap memory limit to be how much memory you have on your gaming platform. Cause a set snapmap limit will sour my jimmies if the maximum limit turns out to be shorter than my imagination can hope it to be.

Of course if such a thing is implemented, there should be an info on the map you're downloading and how much memory it'll take from your gaming platform to use it.

Other than that, I'M SET.

Scary monsters and super creeps, powerful weapons, fast and fun gameplay, great visuals and immersive environment. I'm indifferent to multiplayer and snap map.

Piper Maru said:

... great visuals and immersive environment.

After the E3 footage i was really impressed how the new Doom should look. But the recent MP trailer made me a bit sceptic. Everything looks so "clean" compared to the E3 gameplay. Especially the Hell area is missing a lot of details.

Fast-paced and challenging gameplay that goes hand to hand with interesting level design, particularly regarding monster placement and usage of 3D space, lighting and thematic variation, nothing that would forcibly stop or delay the action at any point, and everything entirely allowing me to enjoy playing the levels as much and in a similar way as I do enjoy playing various Doom wads. Also to be well moddable with high flexibility. And of course no DRM.

I am fine so far.
A custom music mode would be awesome,
Imagine we could use SLAYER's reign in blood..........or the dark ambient ps1 DOOM soundtrack from Aubrey Hodges in this game!

A anti-cheating system for Multiplayer, a decent one, a system that instabans on sight and for the ban to be for around 30 days or permanent if the cheater is ban evading, if someone cheats, he/she must be punished.

I wan't it to be exactly the way they did it..

Xerge said:

Weapons: I'd like to see a slightly faster rate of fire on the chaingun.

did you see the fully modified chaingun in the campaign trailer @00:47 ?

any thing faster or more powerful and they should name it "Chaingun9000" !

Otus said:

After the E3 footage i was really impressed how the new Doom should look. But the recent MP trailer made me a bit sceptic. Everything looks so "clean" compared to the E3 gameplay. Especially the Hell area is missing a lot of details.

Compare the E3 Hell footage itself to the E3 trailer and you'll be more sceptical...

there's a big stepdown in texture quality & effects between all the trailers and gameplays compared to that E3 trailer..

let's just pray that they'll add all the texture quality options to the final release.. cuz it wasn't available in the Alpha..

I wanna see a 980 & four i7 cores @5Ghz brought to their knees !!

After playing a slightly modified Project Brutality that I sorta made (I replaced the Traditional Super Shotgun with Mutiny's. =3) with PSX Doom and The Lost Levels.

I have to say this.

Fast-paced, guns blazing, scary ambient music, terrifying monsters, thick and moody atmosphere, bunnyhopping, rocketjumping, bloody, gory, brutal, realistic, gritty, mature, dark, colorful, chockful, boss-filled, enemy packed, blood-drenched, knee-deep in the dead, shores of hell, infernally thy flesh consumed, consumed thy flesh, hell on earth, earth on hell, buckshot filled, rocket kill, chainsaw thrill, intestines, guts, entrails splayed out on the floor and walls, blood raining down from the sky and ceiling, heavy metal every now and then, kickass music, kickass gameplay, awesomeness, stuff....

It's fucking Doom.

I just want it to be Doom. =)

I'm sure that post seemed rather long and unnecessary, but I made this post, because eh why not. =P

scifista42 said:

Fast-paced and challenging gameplay that goes hand to hand with interesting level design, particularly regarding monster placement and usage of 3D space, lighting and thematic variation, nothing that would forcibly stop or delay the action at any point, and everything entirely allowing me to enjoy playing the levels as much and in a similar way as I do enjoy playing various Doom wads. Also to be well moddable with high flexibility. And of course no DRM.

This. Although I have a feeling they will still interrupt the action from time to time, besides the executions.

scifista42 said:

And of course no DRM.

Error : You cannot access this feature because it's only available for Steam users, please Create an account on steam and redeem your CD-Key there to have full access to all of our game features .